+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My interview experience

hfxfilms2020

Star Member
Oct 7, 2022
Thought I would share this, as I had challenges. I had a interview with a agent scheduled for 11th January, via teams, my wife also, a hour before.

On the 10th Jan, my wife was admitted to hospital and gave birth to my daughter. I simply emailed the office/email fr scheduling (halifax) with no evidence at that point, within 24 hours of appointment time.

They got back to me the next day and said, no problem, let us know when your free.

After being discharged after 4 days, I emailed them and asked for the next slots, and they rescheduled us both, within the week.

On the interview, they checked some ID, asked wht we did for our jobs and why we moved to Canada. She then asked me to email her copies of our passports, which she confirmed receipt of within 24 hours.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Thought I would share this, as I had challenges. I had a interview with a agent scheduled for 11th January, via teams, my wife also, a hour before.

On the 10th Jan, my wife was admitted to hospital and gave birth to my daughter. I simply emailed the office/email fr scheduling (halifax) with no evidence at that point, within 24 hours of appointment time.

They got back to me the next day and said, no problem, let us know when your free.

After being discharged after 4 days, I emailed them and asked for the next slots, and they rescheduled us both, within the week.

On the interview, they checked some ID, asked wht we did for our jobs and why we moved to Canada. She then asked me to email her copies of our passports, which she confirmed receipt of within 24 hours.
seems pretty smooth then.

Reactions: sahibo

Ese2014

Mar 11, 2018
Calgary
App. Filed.......
20-07-2018
AOR Received.
20-07-2018
IELTS Request
24-03-2018
Med's Done....
13-07-2018

Congratulations on the arrival of your daughter.

Expect your oath soon.

Are you outside Canada?

sahibo

Star Member
Jun 7, 2022

They asked why you moved to Canada? That’s a weird question.

If you don’t mind sharing, were you self-employed/unemployed/travel abroad for a long time during the years before citizenship application?

hfxfilms2020

Star Member
Oct 7, 2022
They asked why you moved to Canada? That’s a weird question.

If you don’t mind sharing, were you self-employed/unemployed/travel abroad for a long time during the years before citizenship application?
I think the question is more aimed at English ability rather than the info. Since moving to Canada, me and my wife have both been m
Employed. We have been out the country for a couple vacations, but no more than 2 weeks each. I ould say 4 or 5 vacations in the 5 years

Reactions: sahibo