Passport Req..
18-05-2022
Great. Congratulations
I cleared on my 6th Attempt recently.
L8.5, R8, W7.5, S 7

First attempt: L7.5, R8, W6.5, S7.5
Second: L8, R8.5, W6.5, S7
Third: L8, R8, W6.5, S7
Fourth: L7,R7, W7, S7 (Missed Listening)
Fifth: L8, R6, W7, S7 (Missed Reading- surprising)

And finally got away in the next attempt.

IELTS has been an unexpectedly long journey.

Rrandh91

Jan 4, 2020
I am writing this little piece just to inspire someone out there, someone who has given up hope on IELTS. Personally, I got my desired result at my 5th trial.

I took my first IELTS in September of 2018 and scored LSWR 7.5,6.5,6.5,7 I felt bad as I wanted to pass this exam at the first sitting, I actually gave it my all at the time, guess my all was not good enough. Even though there is no pass mark for IELTS, express entry applicants can attest that LSWR 8,7,7,7 is considered the pass mark.

My second trial was a few weeks after this, I read my ass out and after all is said and done, I took the test for a second time and scored LSWR 7.5,7,6.5,6. When I saw the result, I wasn't so upset, at least nothing compared to how I felt when I saw my first result, however, there was a reason, I knew I was not going to pass the reading, I could not finish the reading test on test day. On the other hand, I thought I gave the other three modules my best. I still came out short in 2 (L & W). I had adopted Jay’s ‘super method for speaking’ to score at least 7 in the speaking module (Jay is a popular online IELTS teacher on YouTube).

After the second test, I rushed to register for the third, it was only 2 weeks away, so I prepared the best I could. This time, I made up my mind that I was not going to fail anything I had already passed in my previous tests (my assumed pass mark by the way is 8777 – LSWR as earlier stated), this will give me my desired CRS score, and this personal decision was key! I researched on YouTube on best ways to tackle some of these modules (And yes, I have always been researching), but this time it was different, I needed styles to tackle each question type. So I ran into a video by a random lady, she revealed that the key to passing reading was TIME, that whatever you do, ensure you finish questions 1-27 in at most 25 minutes, you need a lot of time in questions 28 – 40, simply because the questions become complex. Even though I passed the first reading which I scored 7, I was not comfortable of passing it again, until I saw that post. Mind you, my first three exams were with British council. Anyways, the third result came out and it was LSWR 7.5,7,6,7. I was sad again, but this time depressed as well so I decided this was it! And then I quit IELTS…

A colleague at work kept urging me to reconsider and retake the test, all fell to deaf ears at first. I did not attempt the test for 6 months. He was able to convince me and I decided to go back to the drawing board, by this time, I already had strategies for speaking and reading. These two I rarely revise because I was so comfortable that I can always pass them. I had to devise a strategy for listening, remember I have maintained a score of 7.5 in listening through-out the three trials.

So I took my 4th test, this time I switched to MOD-IDP Australia, I made up my mind that this is it!

I wrote the test on the 2nd of March somewhere in Lekki. I paid extra attention to the listening. I knew exactly what my problem was and that is “the section C”, the part that could have up to 2-4 speakers. So I used mini-ielts.com to prepare for this. One good thing about this website is that you can select the type of questions you want to practice, focus and improve on it. I did exactly that and I improved. Test results came out and boom I scored LSWR – 9,8,6.5,8. What a result right? But damn the writing messed it up. I went for a remark and the result of the remark came out the same day my wife went to labour for our first child; the result of the remark sadly didn’t change!

I felt horrible, had mixed feeling, it felt like the worst day of my life. My wife put to bed the next day, at least I had something to smile about and it took me out of my depression.

I prepared for my 5th IELTS, mind you by this time I had conquered LS&R, my only problem was writing, so I focussed only on writing. I picked April 6th for my 5th exam, I had about just over a week to prepare. My cousin gave me some videos by the popular online teacher IELTS Liz. This video by the way is different, it is not the ones you will find on her channel on YouTube. She calls them her “Advantage videos”. Basically, you pay her some money to access these videos. I didn’t pay anyway because my cousin had already paid for them. It has step by step process on how to tackle each question type. I did nothing for the 5th test but follow her instructions to the teeth, and it paid off! I did not try anything on LR&S, I just went for the test. My results came out on 19th of April, Good Friday and I scored LSWR – 8,7.5,7,7 :D. There is no adjective to express my excitement, I had the best Easter celebration, I went for a boat cruise with friends because it was worth it.

My takeaways, I took my time to write this for inspirational purposes. I know someone out there will be needing this inspiration. If you read closely, you will notice I passed them one after the other, you too can, even at once in your next trial!

I will respond to questions in this trend, if I get any. I can also share any material you might need. I will not be charging a coin because no one charged me a coin, all the materials I used I got them freely, freely I received and freely I shall share my knowledge and sources. The only paid material I used was Liz writing video, still I was not the one that paid for it!

My name is Mike, and remember, You too can be a success story!
Congratulations on achieving desired scores. Could you please send me the Ielts Liz video at my email address rdkr91@gmail.com ?
I would really appreciate your help .

Amit Marwaha

Star Member
Sep 13, 2018
hi m
I am writing this little piece just to inspire someone out there, someone who has given up hope on IELTS. Personally, I got my desired result at my 5th trial.

I took my first IELTS in September of 2018 and scored LSWR 7.5,6.5,6.5,7 I felt bad as I wanted to pass this exam at the first sitting, I actually gave it my all at the time, guess my all was not good enough. Even though there is no pass mark for IELTS, express entry applicants can attest that LSWR 8,7,7,7 is considered the pass mark.

My second trial was a few weeks after this, I read my ass out and after all is said and done, I took the test for a second time and scored LSWR 7.5,7,6.5,6. When I saw the result, I wasn't so upset, at least nothing compared to how I felt when I saw my first result, however, there was a reason, I knew I was not going to pass the reading, I could not finish the reading test on test day. On the other hand, I thought I gave the other three modules my best. I still came out short in 2 (L & W). I had adopted Jay’s ‘super method for speaking’ to score at least 7 in the speaking module (Jay is a popular online IELTS teacher on YouTube).

After the second test, I rushed to register for the third, it was only 2 weeks away, so I prepared the best I could. This time, I made up my mind that I was not going to fail anything I had already passed in my previous tests (my assumed pass mark by the way is 8777 – LSWR as earlier stated), this will give me my desired CRS score, and this personal decision was key! I researched on YouTube on best ways to tackle some of these modules (And yes, I have always been researching), but this time it was different, I needed styles to tackle each question type. So I ran into a video by a random lady, she revealed that the key to passing reading was TIME, that whatever you do, ensure you finish questions 1-27 in at most 25 minutes, you need a lot of time in questions 28 – 40, simply because the questions become complex. Even though I passed the first reading which I scored 7, I was not comfortable of passing it again, until I saw that post. Mind you, my first three exams were with British council. Anyways, the third result came out and it was LSWR 7.5,7,6,7. I was sad again, but this time depressed as well so I decided this was it! And then I quit IELTS…

A colleague at work kept urging me to reconsider and retake the test, all fell to deaf ears at first. I did not attempt the test for 6 months. He was able to convince me and I decided to go back to the drawing board, by this time, I already had strategies for speaking and reading. These two I rarely revise because I was so comfortable that I can always pass them. I had to devise a strategy for listening, remember I have maintained a score of 7.5 in listening through-out the three trials.

So I took my 4th test, this time I switched to MOD-IDP Australia, I made up my mind that this is it!

I wrote the test on the 2nd of March somewhere in Lekki. I paid extra attention to the listening. I knew exactly what my problem was and that is “the section C”, the part that could have up to 2-4 speakers. So I used mini-ielts.com to prepare for this. One good thing about this website is that you can select the type of questions you want to practice, focus and improve on it. I did exactly that and I improved. Test results came out and boom I scored LSWR – 9,8,6.5,8. What a result right? But damn the writing messed it up. I went for a remark and the result of the remark came out the same day my wife went to labour for our first child; the result of the remark sadly didn’t change!

I felt horrible, had mixed feeling, it felt like the worst day of my life. My wife put to bed the next day, at least I had something to smile about and it took me out of my depression.

I prepared for my 5th IELTS, mind you by this time I had conquered LS&R, my only problem was writing, so I focussed only on writing. I picked April 6th for my 5th exam, I had about just over a week to prepare. My cousin gave me some videos by the popular online teacher IELTS Liz. This video by the way is different, it is not the ones you will find on her channel on YouTube. She calls them her “Advantage videos”. Basically, you pay her some money to access these videos. I didn’t pay anyway because my cousin had already paid for them. It has step by step process on how to tackle each question type. I did nothing for the 5th test but follow her instructions to the teeth, and it paid off! I did not try anything on LR&S, I just went for the test. My results came out on 19th of April, Good Friday and I scored LSWR – 8,7.5,7,7 :D. There is no adjective to express my excitement, I had the best Easter celebration, I went for a boat cruise with friends because it was worth it.

My takeaways, I took my time to write this for inspirational purposes. I know someone out there will be needing this inspiration. If you read closely, you will notice I passed them one after the other, you too can, even at once in your next trial!

I will respond to questions in this trend, if I get any. I can also share any material you might need. I will not be charging a coin because no one charged me a coin, all the materials I used I got them freely, freely I received and freely I shall share my knowledge and sources. The only paid material I used was Liz writing video, still I was not the one that paid for it!

Hi Mike,
I am Amit, an IELTS aspirant. I have appeared for IELTS 3 times, twice for paper based for which I scored 8, 7.5, 7 and 6.5(LRS and W); for 2nd time 8.5, 8, 7 and 6.5 (LRS and W), then I dropped for 1 year after that appeared for online exam and my score was quite shocking resulted, 7,7,6.5 and 6 (LRS and W). I got really disappointed. Last time I prepared really good for writing. But results got degraded. Please suggest me how I have to proceed further. Mind you I have appeared through IDP.
Your suggestion would really be helpful!!

Sunday olaluwoye

Feb 9, 2020
I'm new to this .. which its my first attempt. ..but I just want to be aware of what to expect and enlightenment about .. it all about.. please

Mnjot

Feb 29, 2020
Mike ,could you please share the content with me . I m practicing for GT but only myself coz i really don’t have time for online and in person classes.

Smily Pathak

Star Member
Jul 29, 2019
Hi

Hi Mike
Congratulations!!! Hard work always pays off, Would you mind sending those videos to me plz if you still have them or send me the link or something.
I have attempted ielts almost 7 times but stuck in reading and writing.
My email- smilypathak@yahoo.com

Yumna

Jun 30, 2019
hello dear members,

please help in suggesting me for EOR
second attempt LRSW- 8/7/7/7.5
last time speaking was 7.5
crs score is 468 but if speaking score changes to 7.5 from 7, there is a chance for 471.
Should I go for EOR or not?

SanaRT

Mar 2, 2020
Hi dear
Thanks for sharing your story, Though this is alarming but unfortunately it scares me as it's the first time I'm giving ielts
Please share your practice links/sites
sanasrahim@gmail.com
TIA!!

HDVP

Mar 4, 2020

Hello Mike,

Can you oplease share those videos or link with me?

hdoshi718@gmail.com

Thank you in advance.

saad1995

Oct 17, 2019

Hello Mike, first of all, Congrats to you. Mike if possible can you share any essay writing because I am not getting more than 6.5 in writing and any material or tips for reading really appreciate. Thanks

atefedn

Mar 8, 2020

Dear Mike,
I really enjoyed your story. May I kindly ask you to send me the materials you used please? I took toefl many years ago and this time I want to start for reading ietls and I need help. This is my email address: atefedeqan@gmail.com
Thank you so much in advance.
Kind regards,
Atefe

M Sarker

Apr 30, 2020

Hi Make,
Congratulations on your desired success.
I will love to have your materials and go through on your way.
Can you please share.? my email is : wantedtiger780@gmail.com

Joyce 22

Mar 14, 2020

Congratulations mike.. can you please share some of your materials with me?
abiesjoy210@gmail.com.Thanks