Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Canadian Embassy Manila (CEM)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sent: 04-07-2011 via FedEx | Received by CIO: 08-07-2011 10:45AM signed for by M.KRSZWDA.
AOR Received.
30-09-2011 from CIO via email.
IELTS Request
Sent Band8.
File Transfer...
eCas In Process: 09-10-2011 | 2nd AOR Received: 19-10-2011 from CEM via email | CEM Verification Call: 24-10-2011 09:00AM.
Med's Request
24-10-2011 | Received via mail: 26-10-2011.
Med's Done....
28 to 29-10-2011 at Timbol Clinic | PCC&RPRF Sent: 29-10-2011 via CEM dropbox @ RCBC | RPRF encashed: 04-11-2011 | Meds Sent: 17 & 22-11-2011 | Meds Received: 28-11-2011.
Passport Req..
16-01-2012. Passport Sent: 23-01-2012.
VISA ISSUED...
31-01-2012
LANDED..........
27-03-2012
hi guys. you all have a point. and i dont see the need to argue about it. we all have different backgrounds and therefore different experiences, opinions and perspectives.

i have both PR petitions in US and Canada. i've spent time in LA, San Francisco and Chicago. about to land in toronto in a months time. i hope it doesnt sound as bad as its being described here.

generally, its a bad time for a newbie to be in the US right now and for the meantime, i prefer to weather the storm in Canada. but im not closing my doors since i have more family in the US

i believe all challenges can be conquered with proper preparation and planning. with proper research i'm sure there are ways to live in canada without spending too much.

gabrielsjimenez

Jul 19, 2011
I think life is not really that easy, it will always depend's on us how to find ways to live a comfort life,whether we are in US or Canada. Money doesn't have to limt our selves to be happy ,we have to be contented in what God will be given to us wheter a good or bad situation..GOd bless,

udayaradhya

Jan 6, 2011
Bangalore - India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
explorer101 said:
1. I pay $4 ( 2 %)for a gallon of milk. Never bought over $4.50, butter brick at $ 2.50 or less.
2. I dont pay any bank fee, my cheques comes free, wire transfer in US is not free and so is here
3. I have no north american driving record , so i pay $ 290 a month as car insurance and i know after 2 years it would be $120
4. No gun culture as in US, I am sure that there would be no shoot outs on the streets and in the school and my kid would definately reach home intact.
5. Insurances are high and so are collusion repairs and people in canada drive more cautiously, when i go to US i meet jerks on the way and feel quite good on crossing back to Canada. That is why one see so many police cars in US.
6. I dont pay anything to doctors, hospitals and labs. I walk home free. My flashing health card takes care of me and after some years i will get free medicines also.
7. Canada is no doubt different from US. When US gives marching orders to leave US , Canada allows permanent residency.
8. 2 months rent- first and last is a trend worldwide. Buy your own house, rent it out and dont take 2 months of rent.
9. US people are rude, abusive and they dont talk, they shout. I am in customer service and i feel it that Canadians are very receptive. They dont use f word all the time.
10. Honking, where , i am waiting to hear it. It is close to 2 years now. a little warning to draw attention or alert, is it also called honking.
11. No doubt Canada looks expenisive. when one see the health and other benifits i feel it is not,
12. I am happy Canada is no mirror image of US.
12( a) I dont make 80 k, i even dont make 60 k, still i am having good life in Canada. Have own 3 bedroom beautiful Condo, drive big car and have $$ in bank. Go out for vacation, dine out, drink a lot etc etc
13. I fail to understand why some people immigrate to Canada and talk about US? US is not the only place in the world where one can live happily .
I would say Love it or leave it
One of the best posts i have read. Thanks Explorer. Need more encouraging information like this, wfrom prople like you who has been living there already. Thanks you.

udayaradhya

Jan 6, 2011
Bangalore - India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
Item/Statistics...........................................Canada...........USA...............Notes
BASIC PROPOSITION:
Total Area (sq-km)............................................9,984,670...........9,826,630.........Size-wise both are same
Population2......................................................33,910,000..........313,232,000......USA has 9.2 times more people
Meaning? -Infrastructure requirement being the same, Canada has 9.2 times less ppl to square-off the ROI [Return On Investment]!

NOW READ MORE:
Population Growth Rate.......................................0.79% growth.....0.96% growth....USA has a 17% higher growth rate
Death Rate/1,000 population................................7.98 deaths.........8.38 deaths.......USA has a 4.8% higher death rate
Net Migration Rate/1,000 population......................5.65 migrants.....4.18 migrants.....Canada has a 26% higher migrant rate
Foreign-born Population as % of population.............20.1%..............13.6%...............Canada has a 6.5% higher foreign-born population
Life Expectancy..................................................81.38 years.......78.37 years........Canada has a 3.7% higher life expectancy
Infant Mortality/1,000 population...........................4.92 deaths.......6.06 deaths........USA has a 18.8% greater infant mortality rate
Obesity as % of total population............................24.2................33.8...................USA has 28.4% greater obese population per capita
Murder Rate per 100,000 population.......................1.84................5.06...................USA has 2.8 times higher murder rate
Sexual Offenses as % of total female population......2.3%...............3.6%..................USA has 1.3% higher population of women sexually offended
Consumer Fraud as % of total population................7.4%...............12.5%................USA has 5.1% higher population of people victimized in consumer fraud
Prison Population as % of total population...............0.116%............0.760%..............USA has 6.6 times higher prison population
Police Force.......................................................65,283.............708,569..............USA has 10.9 times higher police force
GDP per capita (USD)..........................................$47,567...........$47,106..............Canada has 0.97% greater GDP per capita
Industrial Growth Rate.........................................5.8%...............3.3%.................Canada's industrial production is growing at 2.5% greater rate
Public Debt as % of GDP......................................84.16%............93.58%..............USA has 9.4% larger gross debt as expressed in % of GDP
Unemployment Benefits Expenditure as % of GDP....0.6%................0.3%................Canada spends 2 times more money on unemployment benefits as expressed in % of GDP
Independence....................................................July 1, 1867......July 4, 1776........USA is 91 years older

-Source: CIA World Factbook
-All figures are 2011 est or 2010

Pls know ur facts !

Qorax
As usual, you rock man!! Excellent stats. Makes things more nice.

cdawg

Mar 27, 2011
explorer101 said:
1. I pay $4 ( 2 %)for a gallon of milk. Never bought over $4.50, butter brick at $ 2.50 or less.
2. I dont pay any bank fee, my cheques comes free, wire transfer in US is not free and so is here
3. I have no north american driving record , so i pay $ 290 a month as car insurance and i know after 2 years it would be $120
4. No gun culture as in US, I am sure that there would be no shoot outs on the streets and in the school and my kid would definately reach home intact.
5. Insurances are high and so are collusion repairs and people in canada drive more cautiously, when i go to US i meet jerks on the way and feel quite good on crossing back to Canada. That is why one see so many police cars in US.
6. I dont pay anything to doctors, hospitals and labs. I walk home free. My flashing health card takes care of me and after some years i will get free medicines also.
7. Canada is no doubt different from US. When US gives marching orders to leave US , Canada allows permanent residency.
8. 2 months rent- first and last is a trend worldwide. Buy your own house, rent it out and dont take 2 months of rent.
9. US people are rude, abusive and they dont talk, they shout. I am in customer service and i feel it that Canadians are very receptive. They dont use f word all the time.
10. Honking, where , i am waiting to hear it. It is close to 2 years now. a little warning to draw attention or alert, is it also called honking.
11. No doubt Canada looks expenisive. when one see the health and other benifits i feel it is not,
12. I am happy Canada is no mirror image of US.
12( a) I dont make 80 k, i even dont make 60 k, still i am having good life in Canada. Have own 3 bedroom beautiful Condo, drive big car and have $$ in bank. Go out for vacation, dine out, drink a lot etc etc
13. I fail to understand why some people immigrate to Canada and talk about US? US is not the only place in the world where one can live happily .
I would say Love it or leave it
I would like to ask you how many times you have been in US.

I stayed in Canada for more than 6 months. So I am not agree with any of your arguments. I am able to answer all of questions but I prefer to answers those questions only required:

3. Why Canadian Driving agency is testing drivers three times? First of all written exam, then driving test 1 and after couple years, driving test 2. My friends are driving more than 2 years and they pay more than $ 400 for each month.

4. What is population of Canada compare to US? You can compare crime rates. DO NOT JUST LOOK AT INCIDENCES. So these incidence happen in large population.

5. If you ask any one who drive in both countries more frequently, I AM SURE THEY WILL SAY CANADIAN DRIVERS ARE WORSE THAN US. Police patrolling depends on HOW MANY CARS ARE ON THE ROADS? DO NOT ONLY GO BY NUMBERS.

6. You don't pay for any medical expenses. But you pay HIGH TAXES on every items you purchase (13% in Canada vs. 6 to 8% in US) and high federal and GST. That's why it is free. Government don't pay from its pocket.

9. If you do survey about rudeness of both people, Canadian are more rude than US. If you go to grocery store or departmental store, they even don't say HI. They just turn around and walk away. It is my experience from both countries.

10. I heard more honking in Canada in six MONTHS than in US for 4 years. If you heard honking in US, you may make mistakes more frequently.

11. Of course, Canada is more expensive. That is reason that people are getting canadian citenship and ready to move US to save $$$$$.

12. I am not feeling bad that canada is not mirror image of US. Each country has its won culture and you need to adjust according to it.

13. Yes, I fully agree with it that US is not only place that people live happy here. You need to find happiness inside you to live better life.

People can talk about what they want because Freedom of speech is right of people. If you don't like, just close eyes and ears.

It is my personal opinion. You don't need to agree with it.

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cdawg said:
I would like to ask you how many times you have been in US.
I stayed in Canada for more than 6 months. So I am not agree with any of your arguments. I am able to answer all of questions but I prefer to answers those questions only required:
It is my personal opinion. You don't need to agree with it.
This post shows that one got frustrated within 15 days of landing, other got frustrated by staying 6 months and still trying to reach Canada. One got so much frustrated that he created 2-3' ID's to justify himself.

This forum is meant for people who want to immigrate to Canada and want to know about the process of immigration to Canada, life in Canada, how to succeed in Canada etc etc. I fail to understand what some people who show no interest to immigrate to canada or who have been to canada and got frustrated and retured back are doing in this forum. One have little or no time in North America to spend time when he is having no interest in anything. I am certain that these so called american lovers are in fact trying to immigrate to Canada and have such a bent of mind that they criticise anything. Praising USA while immigrating to Canada is praising neighbours wife than your own wife. I would say that one can praise neighbours wife but why criticise your own wife. And please do not praise your neighbour's father, otherwise others would be forced to think something which you would not like. I have seen that except 4-5 members no other member is interested in USA VS Canada debate and Canada bashing. Expensive auto insurance, higher taxes, expensive good in Canada as compared to USA is a hard fact, but why ignore the benifits and opportunity and why treat USA as benchmark. USA is not allowing you to immigrate , so while immigrating to Canada question should not arise to compare Canada with USA.
I do not believe that someone who went back to USA after spending 6 months in Canada would come back in this forum for funs sake, see here

Immigration Topics / Skilled Worker / Professional Immigration / Re: Applications after 26/6 in any NOC CONNECT HERE TO GET THE STATUS

stayed in Canada for 6 months , do not like anything in Canada, and then following application for immigrating to Canada. Great ideology.
Not criticising USA for kicking out of USA. One may stay in hotel but a hotel does not become your own home. USA may be good in making money and people go there to make money, but Canada is home. Decision to immigrating to Canada means making Canada your own home. Stop compairing your own home to somebody's home. Kiss and say thank you to your to be own homeland.

udayaradhya

Jan 6, 2011
Bangalore - India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bravo, Explorer101. I totally agree with you. Each one's opinion is right in their own way. None of us know what each one has gone through, hence there is an obvious comparison. I guess it would be better to get information (whether things being expensive or inexpensive) rather than compare it with any other country, as they are good in their own ways. If there was one country being the best, i am sure, by now everyone would have flooded to only that country.
We need to give it a lot of time and explore it in all possible ways.
But personally, i was able to get a lot of information about Canada in this thread, and has helped me get more ammo to my plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.