+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My IELTS story in Toronto

alvaro90

Jun 1, 2019
Hello Guys,

This is my first time posting on this forum. I have been reading for a while but never posted anything. However, I feel that my story could help someone struggling with IELTS in Toronto.

I actually failed the IELTS exam 4 times before I got the scores that I wanted. I was aiming for 8777 but always fell short by 0.5 in the Writing section.

I chose IDP for my first 4 times and I was given Writing 6.5 and Speaking 7 for all 4 exams, despite noticing improvement in my writing and improving my answers on the speaking part (I was asked the same questions for the Speaking section), that never changed.

I lost confidence in my english abilities but I was resilient to give up because I really needed the IELTS score to apply for PR. After my 4th attempt I was angry, really blamed the institution and immediately book a CPB test with British Council.

This was my final attempt as my PGWP will expire soon. To my surprise people at BC, from examiners to front desk were extremely helpful and nice. I did not have very high hopes but wrote the exam and thought it went well.
I received my results today (it only took 5 days) and I am happy to tell you that I scored the highest I have ever scored.

L8.5 R 8.5 W7 S8 Overall 8

What I took from my IELTS journey was to never give up and to change test centers if you keep failing at the same one.

If you have any questions let me know!

Alvaro

nikki1992

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hello Alvaro,

I am in the same boat as you. my work permit is expiring soon and I fell short in Ielts gave multiple attempts but still haven't got the desired score.

Here are my score

LRWS

1st attempt: 6.5/5.5/6/7.5 (last tear) IDP
2nd attempt: 7.5/5.5/5.5/7 (last year) BC
3rd attempt: 7.5/6/6/7.5 (last year) BC
4th attempt: 6/5.5/5.5/5.5/6 (this year may 11) IDP
5th attempt: 6.5/6/6/7 (may 18) IDP
6th attempt: 7/6/6/7 (may 25) first time tried CBT-IDP
7th attempt: on june 22nd CBT - BC

What do you suggest, where did you took the final attempt CBT?

Thanks.