+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My IEC application disappeared before I could submit it! Help!

jackorysugar

Jan 2, 2019
I finished uploading all my documents, signed it, then it said I have 2 hours to pay the fees so I went back to double check all my documents were correct.

Now it's disappeared entirely - I can't access it at all and under my applications there is nothing there. I've submitted 2 technical reports and have no idea what to do. Has anyone get any suggestions? I'm freaking out.

shannonxtreme

Aug 25, 2018
Markham, ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Markham
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-06-2019
AOR Received.
22-06-2019
Med's Done....
30-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2020
LANDED..........
13-03-2020
I finished uploading all my documents, signed it, then it said I have 2 hours to pay the fees so I went back to double check all my documents were correct.

Now it's disappeared entirely - I can't access it at all and under my applications there is nothing there. I've submitted 2 technical reports and have no idea what to do. Has anyone get any suggestions? I'm freaking out.
Have you tried using a different internet browser or accessing from a different computer?

jackorysugar

Jan 2, 2019
Have you tried using a different internet browser or accessing from a different computer?
Yep. I've tried a different web browser and cleared all my cookies, it's entirely disappeared. Under applications it says when I last edited it (so today) but where it usually says continue application, there's nothing there. Just completely disappeared in the abyss and now I'm panicking about getting it back so I can officially submit it with the fees paid.

I went back as it said you have 2 hours to pay the fees, so I thought i'd double check everything, then pay. But as I said, it's gone from the face of the earth.

shannonxtreme

Aug 25, 2018
Markham, ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Markham
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-06-2019
AOR Received.
22-06-2019
Med's Done....
30-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2020
LANDED..........
13-03-2020
Yep. I've tried a different web browser and cleared all my cookies, it's entirely disappeared. Under applications it says when I last edited it (so today) but where it usually says continue application, there's nothing there. Just completely disappeared in the abyss and now I'm panicking about getting it back so I can officially submit it with the fees paid.

I went back as it said you have 2 hours to pay the fees, so I thought i'd double check everything, then pay. But as I said, it's gone from the face of the earth.
Wait for them to get back to your technical request. I'm sure it's just a ghost in the machine. Give it a day or so and update this post if it clears up!

jackorysugar

Jan 2, 2019
Wait for them to get back to your technical request. I'm sure it's just a ghost in the machine. Give it a day or so and update this post if it clears up!
Update as promised:
I contacted technical support twice explaining the steps I took, about 2 hours later it appeared back in my account and I completed the application. It's been around 30 hours since and they have only requested my police certificate, and not sent me a Biometrics request letter (I definitely have never had them done before for Canada). They also haven't taken the fees - my credit card is floating around in limbo as they haven't processed the payment. So now I'm not sure what to do.

shannonxtreme

Aug 25, 2018
Markham, ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Markham
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-06-2019
AOR Received.
22-06-2019
Med's Done....
30-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2020
LANDED..........
13-03-2020
Update as promised:
I contacted technical support twice explaining the steps I took, about 2 hours later it appeared back in my account and I completed the application. It's been around 30 hours since and they have only requested my police certificate, and not sent me a Biometrics request letter (I definitely have never had them done before for Canada). They also haven't taken the fees - my credit card is floating around in limbo as they haven't processed the payment. So now I'm not sure what to do.
Thanks for your update. CIC officers only recover your fees (aka charge you) if they successfully complete the initial assessment to make sure you sent a complete application. When you get your acknowledgement of receipt email (AOR), you'll get charged as well

jackorysugar

Jan 2, 2019
Thanks for your update. CIC officers only recover your fees (aka charge you) if they successfully complete the initial assessment to make sure you sent a complete application. When you get your acknowledgement of receipt email (AOR), you'll get charged as well
Hi Shannon, this clears things up. So far I have received my confirmation of online application transmission, submission confirmation and a request letter for my police certificate. Do you know how long roughly they take to do this? And I'm not sure why my friends have been asked for their biometrics (they submitted yesterday too, hours after I did) and I haven't. Very strange. It also says my Action is Required, I assume that's the police certificate request though.

shannonxtreme

Aug 25, 2018
Markham, ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Markham
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-06-2019
AOR Received.
22-06-2019
Med's Done....
30-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2020
LANDED..........
13-03-2020
Hi Shannon, this clears things up. So far I have received my confirmation of online application transmission, submission confirmation and a request letter for my police certificate. Do you know how long roughly they take to do this? And I'm not sure why my friends have been asked for their biometrics (they submitted yesterday too) and I haven't. Very strange.
It's a case by case thing. You may get asked for it at a later time. Same goes for your acknowledgement of receipt. I'm not sure about the processing times for IEC, but AOR should arrive in a couple weeks. Deferring to an expert to give you a better estimate on that!

Good luck :)

jackorysugar

Jan 2, 2019
It's a case by case thing. You may get asked for it at a later time. Same goes for your acknowledgement of receipt. I'm not sure about the processing times for IEC, but AOR should arrive in a couple weeks. Deferring to an expert to give you a better estimate on that!

Good luck :)
Hi Shannon. The fees have left my account now, but I never received an AOR. Do you know how long roughly this takes to come? I'm not sure what's wrong with my account, it's been frozen since I submitted it saying they haven't checked my eligibility or anything. I sent them proof of my police check via webform as a PDF file and they responded saying that the details have already been updated. I finally got my Biometrics letter, but there's literally been no progress on my application. Do you know who is best to reach out to?

shannonxtreme

Aug 25, 2018
Markham, ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Markham
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-06-2019
AOR Received.
22-06-2019
Med's Done....
30-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2020
LANDED..........
13-03-2020
Hi Shannon. The fees have left my account now, but I never received an AOR. Do you know how long roughly this takes to come? I'm not sure what's wrong with my account, it's been frozen since I submitted it saying they haven't checked my eligibility or anything. I sent them proof of my police check via webform as a PDF file and they responded saying that the details have already been updated. I finally got my Biometrics letter, but there's literally been no progress on my application. Do you know who is best to reach out to?
Hey. Glad to see there's been some progress made. I would wait a couple of days to a week to be sure you aren't in one of the many limbo-like stages of an application.

Some experts I've seen on these forums include @legalfalcon and @Wonderland_1010

shannonxtreme

Aug 25, 2018
Markham, ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Markham
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-06-2019
AOR Received.
22-06-2019
Med's Done....
30-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2020
LANDED..........
13-03-2020
Hey. Glad to see there's been some progress made. I would wait a couple of days to a week to be sure you aren't in one of the many limbo-like stages of an application.

Some experts I've seen on these forums include @legalfalcon and @Wonderland_1010
Additionally, I discovered that for online applications your AOR is an email you receive right after submission that contains a file number. Did you receive an email like this at some point?

jackorysugar

Jan 2, 2019

I checked my friend's account and it says in many sections it is being reviewed. Whereas mine states that they need additional supporting documents before proceeding with my application (the police check).

They sent me the biometrics letter last night after I contacted the tech team to tell them I haven't received it. I am going to give my biometrics in a few days, I hope this won't be an issue as I don't live anywhere close to a VAC.

I'm just confused why there has been no update on my application and why they're saying despite providing proof of purchase of the Police check they won't continue with my application until they see the police check. It unfortunately won't arrive for another 2 weeks. I answered no to having any criminal convictions, I live in the UK and I don't have any past criminal record at all.

I realized after submitting my application I uploaded a screenshot of the email of the police check confirmation as a JPEG. So via webform I sent them the PDF file with the receipt and email confirmation, and the webform sent me an automatic message saying that it has already been resolved. But my application is still at a standstill (my eligibility review hasn't started etc.)

Any advice you can give @legalfalcon & @Wonderland_1010 ?

Last edited:

jackorysugar

Jan 2, 2019
Additionally, I discovered that for online applications your AOR is an email you receive right after submission that contains a file number. Did you receive an email like this at some point?
I received a confirmation of submission letter stating that IRCC has received my application. Then a request letter for the police check, then after nudging them they sent me the biometrics request letter to print. Nothing since. My application status all say that my application hasn't been reviewed yet and that they need additional documents to continue proceeding with my application.