+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My ICT application got rejected

sb22651

Jul 15, 2021
I have all my documents in place. I have an asset too in India so obviously I would want to come back
Obviously you're trying to circumvent the law. Obviously the VO decided you're not in compliance with the immigration regulations. Obviously VO can't assume just because you write something in your application, that is true, you have to prove it. How does stating "having an asset in India" prove anything? Obviously the VO will be confused as to why you need to state having an asset in India.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
I

I do have 8-10 employees in India thoug
That’s irrelevant. You have zero in the country you’re attempting to immigrate too.
How does having 8-10 employees in India benefit Canada?
You have to file T2 corporate returns , you’d have to have registered for a payroll account with the CRA showing you’re making payroll remittances and submitting them to the Government for the employees IN Canada.
In a nutshell you have a shell corporation in Canada with no business activity

Reactions: Naturgrl

sb22651

Jul 15, 2021
I have no employees in Canada as yet. I have taken an office space though. The refusal is due to employer and employee relationship( which I'm not understanding ) and the intension of not leaving after the stipulated period. Is there any solution for this ?

Self employment was taking mimimim 2 years.
What are you not understanding? You don't want to spend 2 years on a self employed permit, so you decide to try to cheat the immigration system by creating a shell company?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
As stated, you were trying for a work permit to circumvent the system with a company with no Canadian employees, clients or business. Your employees in India are irrelevant. You should have been applying for an SUV or self employment visa or PNP entrepreneur programs. Thousands of people in the self employment program would be doing what you are doing and setting up a “Canadian” business if it were possible. Then there would be no need for the SUV or self employment immigration programs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Copingwithlife

sarah77

Aug 14, 2021
Obviously you're trying to circumvent the law. Obviously the VO decided you're not in compliance with the immigration regulations. Obviously VO can't assume just because you write something in your application, that is true, you have to prove it. How does stating "having an asset in India" prove anything? Obviously the VO will be confused as to why you need to state having an asset in India.
What are you not understanding? You don't want to spend 2 years on a self employed permit, so you decide to try to cheat the immigration system by creating a shell company?
Sorry but I was advised by the Lawyer to come under this program and they are award winning lawyers . I have no intention to cheat the system but I was told that in eligible for this program and hence I went ahead.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Sorry but I was advised by the Lawyer to come under this program and they are award winning lawyers . I have no intention to cheat the system but I was told that in eligible for this program and hence I went ahead.
Just curious, what awards did your lawyers win? This is a specific category that requires competent and very knowledgeable business immigration lawyers. Hope you didn’t pay them too much for poor service & advice.

sarah77

Aug 14, 2021
Just curious, what awards did your lawyers win? This is a specific category that requires competent and very knowledgeable business immigration lawyers. Hope you didn’t pay them too much for poor service & advice.
Lot of time , effort and Monet has gone in this and I’m a single mom . Paid through my nose . I don’t know who can help me in this situation now . They are the top lawyers of Toronto

sarah77

Aug 14, 2021
Wh
I’d be requesting a refund
No lawyer gives 100% guarantee or refund . It is what it is . I was genuinely wanting to open my company in Canada and had also designed the website etc and obviously would hire people as and when but unfortunately as you threw some light it doesn’t work that way . Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Lot of time , effort and Monet has gone in this and I’m a single mom . Paid through my nose . I don’t know who can help me in this situation now . They are the top lawyers of Toronto
Sorry you are in this situation. There are so many "top" lawyers in Toronto but something isn't right if they suggested this path for you. All say they are and doesn't mean they are award winning as the Canadian Law Awards don't hand out immigration awards. You could have applied without paying any lawyer fees on your own for the self employment visa. Yes, it takes 2 years but if you read through the threads on the self employment board, many are graphic designers. However, very few actually selected.

sarah77

Aug 14, 2021
Sorry you are in this situation. There are so many "top" lawyers in Toronto but something isn't right if they suggested this path for you. All say they are and doesn't mean they are award winning as the Canadian Law Awards don't hand out immigration awards. You could have applied without paying any lawyer fees on your own for the self employment visa. Yes, it takes 2 years but if you read through the threads on the self employment board, many are graphic designers. However, very few actually selected.
I have no words left but I’m extremely disappointed .

sb22651

Jul 15, 2021
Wh

No lawyer gives 100% guarantee or refund . It is what it is . I was genuinely wanting to open my company in Canada and had also designed the website etc and obviously would hire people as and when but unfortunately as you threw some light it doesn’t work that way . Thank you
Didn't you realize you were commiting fraud by creating a shell company in hopes that you can cheat the system?

What has immigration lawyers have to do with this? It's YOUR decision, not theirs.

sb22651

Jul 15, 2021
What awards are they?

sarah77

Aug 14, 2021
Well I’m not a lawyer to know about the system . When the lawyer is recommending ICT program and gives an overview of the program and says it best fits your profile and we have done lot of ICT with similar profiles and they were successful then you obviously think that’s the best fit. So you can surely say that the lawyer has tried to cheat me and extort money.