+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Husband Spousal work permit refused

Ruthee

Dec 4, 2020
Hello, this is the third time I am applying for a spousal open work permit for my husband, and its being denied. I would like to ask what do you think I can do.

Jagan1992

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
Hello, this is the third time I am applying for a spousal open work permit for my husband, and its being denied. I would like to ask what do you think I can do.
When did you apply and under what section he got refused??

Ruthee

Dec 4, 2020
When did you apply and under what section he got refused??
So, I applied on November 30th and they replied yesterday in 48 hours. Hows that even possible. And he was denied under Section 200(1) which is the same reply we have always gotten after adding all relevant document

Ruthee

Dec 4, 2020
I applied on November 30 and we got a response December 3rd like under 48 hours, hows that even possible. Seems like they didn't read the document at all. He was denied under Section 200 (1) and thats the same reason for the 3rd time l after adding all relevant document.

Jagan1992

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
I applied on November 30 and we got a response December 3rd like under 48 hours, hows that even possible. Seems like they didn't read the document at all. He was denied under Section 200 (1) and thats the same reason for the 3rd time l after adding all relevant document.
You applied from which country?? And how much funds you have shown??

Ruthee

Dec 4, 2020
I did the application here in Canada but he's in Nigeria. Funds was 14,000 dollars. My study ends December 2021 but my permit ends in May 2021 then I will request for extension

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I did the application here in Canada but he's in Nigeria. Funds was 14,000 dollars. My study ends December 2021 but my permit ends in May 2021 then I will request for extension
That is one reason because your permit expires in may and processing for a work permit is 6+ months. SOWPs aren’t guaranteed so you are best to graduate and then apply when you have a PGWP and a job.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
OWP for spouses of international students are not guaranteed. Did you apply for OWP soon after getting married? Do you have a long relationship history. 14K is not a lot of money if you have to pay for living costs and more tuition.

Toks01

Jun 7, 2017
Try to add more money since you are a student and before applying at all please apply for your gcms,I applied for my spouse owp first week of April and we are still waiting and I have a friend on student visa that already have his spouse SOWP visa approved even though they applied more than 2 months after I applied and I’m also on work permit with noc b job so I think the chance is the same for folks on study and work visa. Apply for gcms and see what exactly the reason was, that will help greatly in your next application.
I’m Nigerian as well and our application is been processed in Nairobi

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would add that to be approved you need more than 6 months left on your permit as well. There is a high likelihood he may not be approved until you get your PGWP and a job in NOC 0, A or B. Agree that you should order GCMS notes.

Suzan121

Nov 12, 2020
Would add that to be approved you need more than 6 months left on your permit as well. There is a high likelihood he may not be approved until you get your PGWP and a job in NOC 0, A or B. Agree that you should order GCMS notes.
Ok great all the best

OkaforJames

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
So, I applied on November 30th and they replied yesterday in 48 hours. Hows that even possible. And he was denied under Section 200(1) which is the same reply we have always gotten after adding all relevant document
Same 48 hours reply happened for a friend of whom i helped to place a study visa for. In 48hours, he got his refusal letter even before biometrics request.

I think the way it is now, for applications from Nigeria which are likely to be refused, they bring out final decisions within 48hours. No time wasting..

vikasvarma29

Dec 11, 2020
Are you a student or working ?