+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

my husband is becoming an engineer next year can he get a job in canada?

ammonoan

Dec 16, 2011
hey everyone..i really need help..my husband is from pakistan and he is going to get his degree for electrical engineering next year by the end of july. i live in usa my step mom sponsored me in usa but i never got a green card so thats why we were planning on moving to canada. can he get a job in canada? with out experience? or is there any companies who are willing to sponsor ? or can any of you help me and tell me what we should do? thanks. :)

Alabaman

Apr 24, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes he can get a job. His he a PR of Canada? What country is his degree from?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is hard to get a job offer anyway and even harder without any work experience. He can start trying to find an employer through some jobsearch websites. If he finds an employer who wants to hire him, they can try to get an LMO and a work permit for him and then he can work on getting the PR later.

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
Leon said:
It is hard to get a job offer anyway and even harder without any work experience. He can start trying to find an employer through some jobsearch websites. If he finds an employer who wants to hire him, they can try to get an LMO and a work permit for him and then he can work on getting the PR later.
Add to that the probability that he will have to write exams to qualify as an engineer in the province he chooses to live in. I am assuming that provincial regulations apply to engineers in the same way they apply to doctors.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toby said:
Add to that the probability that he will have to write exams to qualify as an engineer in the province he chooses to live in. I am assuming that provincial regulations apply to engineers in the same way they apply to doctors.
Yes, I think it is likely. He could be hired as an assistant I think but a licensed engineer would have to check his work until he passes his exams.

ammonoan

Dec 16, 2011
Thanks everyone..and my case is still pending in usa..me and my brothers were on same status but they got their green card and about to get their citizenship..i cant wait anymore so if i leave usa i know i cant comeback but will i be able to go to canada? or get visa or no?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ammonoan said:
Thanks everyone..and my case is still pending in usa..me and my brothers were on same status but they got their green card and about to get their citizenship..i cant wait anymore so if i leave usa i know i cant comeback but will i be able to go to canada? or get visa or no?
You have to look here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp to see if you or your husband qualify to apply for PR. If you qualify on all counts, you can apply and you will get it. If you do not qualify, then no. For many of the programs, you can qualify if you have a job offer but those are hard to get.