+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MY friend is an indian, he got an ETA. Can he travel with ETA

siddartha

Oct 23, 2011
Hi Team,

My friend is from india, he got an ETA, plus stamp from canada ( immigration check is not required to fly canada, valid for 6 months 01-01-2017).

My question is : Can he travel with ETA ( ETA consists of all just details , there is no photo). Plus small stamp staying immigration check is not required to fly canada, valid for 6 months 01-01-2017)

Please guide me, he is worried .

Thanks in advance
Warmest Regards
Siddarth

siddartha

Oct 23, 2011
he was applied from consultancy, that consultancy took money from him and gave this ETA.

They said this is valid visa, if you want, you can search online.

Yes, of course, it is genuine when I checked in CIC website.

I do not know how to trust because he is haivng Indian citizenship, he does not have the authorization to travel to Canada with the help of ETA

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
If your friend holds an Indian passport (but no US Green Card) then he definitely needs a visa (Temporary Resident Visa) to visit Canada. He cannot travel to Canada with this eTA

btw how much did he pay the consultant for this eTA?

siddartha

Oct 23, 2011
he paid 2000 CAD for ETA and he got a stamp in passport saying that ( immigration check is not required to fly canada , valid upto 6 months 01-01-2017)

What is this process and how the consultancy guys did that.
what about my friend situation now.

He need to apply from scratch for visit visa or temporary resident visa.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
siddartha said:
he paid 2000 CAD for ETA and he got a stamp in passport saying that ( immigration check is not required to fly canada , valid upto 6 months 01-01-2017)

What is this process and how the consultancy guys did that.
what about my friend situation now.

He need to apply from scratch for visit visa or temporary resident visa.
Simple answer. Your friend was scammed. Nothing costs $2K.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
This is a scam.

btw an eTA costs just`CAD 7. Someone can apply for this on his/her own without a consultant.

Your friend must apply for a TRV from scratch

sk47458

Aug 1, 2017
Hi my friend said that the employer has applied for his workpermit through a lawyer inside Canada . But my friend lives in India? My question is how will they stamp his trv on his passport and will his application be processed in Canada or in India . Any one who knows the answer for my question pls do reply me . Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi my friend said that the employer has applied for his workpermit through a lawyer inside Canada . But my friend lives in India? My question is how will they stamp his trv on his passport and will his application be processed in Canada or in India . Any one who knows the answer for my question pls do reply me . Thanks
Passport will be stamped by the visa office in India.

Hopefully he didn't pay money in exchange for this job. If he did, it's almost certainly a scam.

sk47458

Aug 1, 2017
Thanks for your immediate reply sir . No he dint pay any amount and it is a genuine offer for him . But his concern was how is it possible for them apply in Canada when he is in India . And how will they get his passport to stamp the visa . His workpermit is been submitted through a representative there in Canada .

sk47458

Aug 1, 2017
Thanks for your immediate reply sir . No he dint pay any amount and it is a genuine offer for him . But his concern was how is it possible for them apply in Canada when he is in India . And how will they get his passport to stamp the visa . His workpermit is been submitted through a representative there in Canada .
Usually how long it take to process his application because on the net it says canada processing time is 14 weeks while for India it says 9 weeks . Now will it be processed according to canada time or Indian processing time .

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
It is an online application that a person can apply for from anywhere in the world. The fact that the lawyer in Canada applied on his behalf doesn't mean that the app is being processed in Canada. As scylla has already told you, his passport would be stamped by the New Delhi VO.