+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

my friend deported to usa 9 years back from usa

gmohiuddin

Star Member
Dec 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my friend deported to usa 9 years back from usa and cancel visit visa due to proper documentation was not done, now is it necessary to show in canadian immigration application

if not mention then what will be the impact and how canadian immigration deptt can check, because it already passed 9 years and this was done at usa airport not on canadian airport

Please help, if we dont show any thing then what will be the impact and how canada can check usa deportation record

awaiting then he will fill application

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gmohiuddin said:
my friend deported to usa 9 years back from usa and cancel visit visa due to proper documentation was not done, now is it necessary to show in canadian immigration application

if not mention then what will be the impact and how canadian immigration deptt can check, because it already passed 9 years and this was done at usa airport not on canadian airport

Please help, if we dont show any thing then what will be the impact and how canada can check usa deportation record

awaiting then he will fill application
Yes please do not hide anything as USA, Canada, UK and Australia share data so it will be immidiately there in security scan. Disclose everything and it shall not have negative impact.

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please be truthful and give information that are required in the application forms. USA & Canada do share information on security, immigration etc regularly hence not informing them about deportation would be termed misrepresentation and your friend could be barred from Canada for 2years.

Sad that he was deported but life must move on. Yours is to be truthful leave the rest to God.

johndees

Jun 24, 2010
I also have a query. Iam currently in the process of filing my fsw canada application in my home country. In 2001, I arrived in the US. I was given a 6month stay by the officer. After 6 mos before my I-94 expires, I applied for an extension and was granted for another 6 mos. I found work in Feb 2002. In my I 94 it stated that an individual could stay legally for 90 days after the date on the I 94 expires. That was how I understood it. But in 2004 i returned to the US and was kept hold by homeland security and was deported back to my home country. My question is will this deportation affect my FSW application in canada?
Thank you for reading and your opinions....

johndees

Jun 24, 2010
Additional info --- I overstayed in the US for less than 90 days. I was given a five year ban to enter and reaaply for US visa. Hope anyone could help.