+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My first PR card arrived today after 37 days. I was astonished.

LongBill

Star Member
Aug 3, 2020
Florida, USA
Category........
FAM
I'm a recent PR, from the US, and today I was happy and astonished to receive my PR card in postal mail. My "landing" was on August 28 at a small land crossing at Alberta/North Dakota. The agent at the border indicated, I believe, 30-45 days for the card. But reading various forums, seeing news articles, and checking official sites for processing times I felt sick to see more like 142 days, etc. I will have to return to the US to take care of selling our home and getting our goods moved. Having to wait 4 months before being able to do so would be difficult.

So I was happy that my PR card arrived in only 37 days.

It almost makes me wonder if processing time for the first PR card depends, in part, on what port you "land" in.

Good luck to all others.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
It almost makes me wonder if processing time for the first PR card depends, in part, on what port you "land" in.
Landed in August with four family members at Pearson. Three received PR cards in about thirty days, the last received before 45 days had passed. (We were starting to worry there was something wrong with the last one).

Interesting note: they basically all arrived at slightly different times with different issue and expiry dates - not a big difference between them, but not exactly the same date despite all arriving together. I presume just production/administrative process differences.

At any rate, doesn't look like because of the actual port of landing, and (thankfully) well short of the ~140 days on IRCC website. Obviously mileage varies.

LongBill

Star Member
Aug 3, 2020
Florida, USA
Category........
FAM
Landed in August with four family members at Pearson. Three received PR cards in about thirty days, the last received before 45 days had passed. (We were starting to worry there was something wrong with the last one).

Interesting note: they basically all arrived at slightly different times with different issue and expiry dates - not a big difference between them, but not exactly the same date despite all arriving together. I presume just production/administrative process differences.

At any rate, doesn't look like because of the actual port of landing, and (thankfully) well short of the ~140 days on IRCC website. Obviously mileage varies.

That's Great you folks got yours so quickly as well. The prospect of waiting for the first PR card is pretty bad. Probably worse (for me) than waiting for COPR.

Yes, Pearson is vastly different from the little outpost I entered through in Coutts, AB. lol

Reactions: armoured

MJSPARV

Sep 17, 2020
"landed" August 4 via the online portal - no pr card yet. Have to go back to the us for family reasons in late Oct and have had to make rather inconvenient plans in order to use the land border in case the card doesn't come by then. Fingers crossed it comes by then just for ease of crossing! (I'll be in my private vehicle at the land border with the COPR so I'm not concerned based on everything I've read, but it would be nice to have anyway!)

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
"landed" August 4 via the online portal - no pr card yet. Have to go back to the us for family reasons in late Oct and have had to make rather inconvenient plans in order to use the land border in case the card doesn't come by then. Fingers crossed it comes by then just for ease of crossing! (I'll be in my private vehicle at the land border with the COPR so I'm not concerned based on everything I've read, but it would be nice to have anyway!)
I don't have any hard data but don't recall having heard of such short pr card first issuance for those doing virtual landing. So may be just lucky or specific to physical landing.

MJSPARV

Sep 17, 2020
I don't have any hard data but don't recall having heard of such short pr card first issuance for those doing virtual landing. So may be just lucky or specific to physical landing.
There have been a few people in the family sponsorship forum with fast issuance after virtual landing but I agree it seems to be generally slower.

Reactions: armoured