+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

my first IELTS exam Sept 25, 2010 result was a failure

rubs

Oct 10, 2010
Honestly, I wasnt that much prepared for the exam. I depend only on the available practice test kits the agency gave me thru e-mail. I wasnt able to join the online review they offered coz of my busy time sched since the review was based on Canada time either too early (during my sleep time) or conflict (during my duty time) on our Riyadh time. The agency told me to take IELTS ASAP and as much as possible get all high scores on 4 sections to reach the 67 points. What? I admit I had a poor study effort. This was the worst result i had on a major exam, really disgusting!

I only got a total band score of 6.0 which is so depressing. I accept the 6.5 score on Listening as i overheard the narrator and skipped some questions, i crammed. The 6.5 on Reading was ok. On writing i only got 6.0, my fault, as i wasted my time on making a scratch rather than directly writing on the answer sheet, cared not to make erasures as much as possible. The worst score i had was 5.0 on Speaking, can you imagine that? I thought that part was the easiest and the lady interviewer was nice.

I used to help an egyptian friend of mine during his self review last 2006. He passed and even thanked me for helping him. Now that's my turn, it turned out so bad! He felt bad upon hearing my news about my IELTs result. He only tried once and got it, he's in Canada now as a licensed Doctor. :-\ now im in doubt if i should retake (dont mind if people think im stupid for not passing on the first take). When is the appropriate time for a retake? Help me out..thanks

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
iF U NEED a link to download Cambridge IELTS books for free then inform me.,,,
Sit for GT IELTS again.U can ratake any time u want. There is hard & Fast rule about this. Hope u will do better next time
Thanks

indira_prab

Champion Member
Apr 16, 2010
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2151 - Architects
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th Oct 2010 BD Encashed...: 25th Oct 2010 PER Received..: 10th Feb 2011
File Transfer...
3rd March 2011 AOR Received.: 11th March 2011
Med's Request
31st March 2011 PCC Request..: 31st March 2011 RPRF Request: 31st March 2011
Passport Req..
31st March 2011 Med's Done....: 6th April 2011 Passports sent: 7th May 2011 RPRF/PCC sent: 7th May 2011 RPRF En-Cashed :17th May 2011
VISA ISSUED...
27th May 2011
LANDED..........
10th Sep 2011
Hello Rubs,

Here's a true live story of us for you :) :)

Relax IELTS is not a night mare as it may look like ;) My huby attempted for his first IELTS on Aug 21st and he scored a overall 6.5. We had to get 16 points for a better overall score and so we applied immediately for the next available test on Sep 25th. And guess what he did make 7.5 and a 16 points this time :):):) And he did not spend days and nights to prepare for the exams.. Just a few practice tests everyday :)

So, go ahead and book your self for the next available test and get practicing 8)

Thanks,

Indira Prabhakaran.