+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MY FIANCEE IS 20 YEARS YOUNGER THAN ME..............PLEASE ADVISE

Nancy

Nov 24, 2007
HI,

I HAVE BEEN MSN A MESSAGE TO ME THAT SOMEONE IN THE UK WAS TURNED DOWN BECAUSE HER HUSBAND WAS 20 YEARS YOUNGER THAN HER AND HE WAS DENIED TO LIVE WITH HER IN THE UK.

YES MY FIANCEE IS MAN AND HE IS 2O YEARS YOUNGER THAN MYSELF, FOR US AGE DIFFERENCE DOES NOT MEAN A THING FOR US. WE LOVE EACH OTHER MORE THAN ANYTHING IN THIS WORLD AND HAVE PLANS ON GETTING MARRIED IN MARCH OR APRIL.

I AM SO AFRAID OF THE GOVERMENT CHOOSING MY LIFE FOR ME AND DENYING MY HUSBAND TO COME TO CANADA TO LIVE WITH ME AND MY SON.

I KNOW EACH COUNTRY HAS THERE DIFFERENT POLICIES. I FEEL THAT IS NOT RIGHT THAT THE GOVERMENT GETS TO CHOOSE OUR LIFE EVEN IF THERE IS NO AGE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ANY OF US. HOW EVER THEY HAVE THE RIGHT TO TELL US THIS.

I KNOW IF THE SEXES WHERE REVERSE NO ONE WOULD THINK TWICE OF THE AGE DIFFERENCE BECAUSE IT IS OK FOR A MAN TO MARRY SOMEONE YOUNGER THAN HIM. BUT WHEN IT IS A WOMEN WHY DOES IT MATTER.

AGE FOR MYSELF AND MY FINACEE DOES NOT EVEN ENTER INTO OUR LOVE FOR EACH OTHER AND I KNOW THERE WILL BE TIMES THAT I AM SURE THAT WE WILL BE STARED AT OR EVEN SPOKEN ABOUT BEHIND OUR BACKS.

HAS ANYONE BEEN THROUGHT THIS KIND OF THINGS OR MARRIED TO SOMEONE THAT IS MUCH YOUNGER THAN THEM. HAVE YOU BEEN APROVED AND OR HAVE YOU BEEN DENYIED BECAUSE OF YOUR AGE DIFFERENCE.

IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME ON THIS PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I AM VERY SCARED ABOUT THIS. HOWEVER IF IT NOT GOING TO AFFECT ME IN GETTING MARRIED TO HIM AND STILL TRYING TO BRING HIM HOME WITH US TO LIVE.

SCARED.

Yasmina/isabelle

Star Member
Jul 8, 2007
Hi
WEll i have a friend and she did get her husband in her country and he is at least 20 years difference from her. as long u proove u are in a real relationship...
where is your fiancee from?

Canadian-loyal

Sep 13, 2007
Hi
Every immigration case is individual and unique. You shouldn't compare one case with another. However, because of too many spouse immigration scams, CIC will certainly look closely to your case. His country of origin is a factor. His social background, education, earning and motivations are considered. So, to make it short, don't be scared but be prepared for uphill struggle.
best wishes

Nancy

Nov 24, 2007
THANK YOU TO YOU BOTH,

MY FIANCEE LIVES IN MOROCCO, REGARDLESS WITH HURTLES WE MAY HAVE TO FACE DO TO THIS. IT IS ALL WORTH IN THE END. WE ARE BOTH MADLY IN LOVE AND WE HAVE FOUND EACH OTHER SOUL MATE. I AM NOT AFRAID TO PROVE HOW MUCH WE LOVE EACH OTHER, WE AM ALSO WILLING TO DO ANYTHING JUST TO BE TOGETHER. WE HAVE WRITTEN 100'S OF EMAILS, TEXT MESSAGE AND PHONE CALLS TO EACH OTHER.

I AM AWARE THAT OUR AGE DIFFERENCE WILL BE LOOKED AT. BUT I LOVE HIM MORE THAN ANYTHING AND I KNOW HE FEELS THE SAME ABOUT ME. WE BOTH KNOW THAT WHEN WE ARE FINALLY ARE TOGETHER THAT PEOPLE WILL PROBABLY NOT ALSO FEEL THAT OUR MARRIAGE IS NOT RIGHT. BUT WE DON'T REALLY SEE AGE BETWEEN US. WE ONLY LOOK FORWARD TO OUR FUTURE AND RAISING MY SON, OR AS MY FIANCEE SEZ OUR SON.

i FEEL BETTER KNOWING THAT THERE IS OTHER COUPLES WITH A AGE DIFFERENCE HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED BY CANADA.

I FIND IT NOT FAIR THAT ALL OF US, NOT EVEN WITH AGE DIFFERENCE HAVE TO PROVE OUR LOVE FOR OUR HUSBANDS. LIKE EVERYWHERE ELSE THERE IS MANY THAT HAVE ABUSED THE SYSTEM, WHICH HAS ONLY MADE IT MORE DIFFICULT FOR US THAT TRULY WANT TO BE WITH OUR SPOUSES OR PARTNERS.

THANK YOU AGAIN

maroraza

Star Member
Jan 11, 2008
Hi,
Actually for them age diffrence isnt matter but they concern that relationship is true or not because so many people use fake marriages now a days to live and work in better country so this is what they afraid in this case other wise they have no problem if some one fall in love with older one,
now a days so many people do like paper marriages and these marriages only take place in embassy Paper work to get visa and for this often people pay money to a person who help them out to get into better country then they living ,hope you understand why they have concern about it , but you can apply if you realtionship is 101% true they are not able refuse you on grounds of age difference as you always has right to re apply for your Fiancee so go ahead and submit application and goodluck

Yasmina/isabelle

Star Member
Jul 8, 2007
Hi Nancy wish u the best of luck my husband is a moroccan also but we are the same age .
You will love morocco its so beautifull country and the people are the best!!

Nancy

Nov 24, 2007
Thankyou again,

I know I will love Morocco and can hardly wait to be with my fiancee and his family. I have met 2 of his family on web cam. His mother sez hi to me very often.

I am getting very excited about going there and spending a whole month with him. Even if paper work is fast and we are able to get married with in the 2 weeks. We want to have more time just to be together as we know we also have long wait ahead of us again.

I truly hope that I can come out there again in the summer and bring my son or as my fiancee sez our son. I want our son to see Morocco also and beable to meet his family and beable to spend more time with my fiancee he will be husband then. I want him and son to meet in person, as they get along so well on on internet and web cam. I know my son care for him very much also. However my son is a little jealous because he has had mom to himself for 9 years and now he has to share me. He is a little nervous about that part. I cannot say I blame him,but as I tell him I need my fiancee as much as he needs me. He understands that part. So if he can go to Morocco in summer it will be easier adjustment when he can finally come home to Canada with us.

I am just blubbering here, I am just getting very excited to finally be with my sould mate. I thankyou all so much for your words. I hope and pray that all goes well for all of you also wating.

Inscha allah

Nancy

travel_fan

Star Member
May 7, 2007
Hi Nancy;

I am married to a Moroccan (who successfully immigrated to Canada 6 months ago via a spousal sponsorship). He has a Moroccan friend in our city (who he met after he arrived) who is married to a woman 17 years older than him. They had no problems with their spousal sponsorship - which happened about a year and a half ago. His wife has 2 children who are in their 20's - so I think it came down to how they were able to prove the genuiness of their relationship. I don't know the details of their story - but I do know they met online.

You need to document your relationship as it progresses - and when you are together in Morocco. Everything will be important when it comes to you submitting your application.

All the best,

Tracy

LCS

May 5, 2005
hi Nancy,
My husband is also much younger than me and we are in a real marriage as well. All you have to do is provide all the evidence they want that your relationship is valid. Your holiday photos together, wedding photos, emails, cards, telephone cards or bills, money that may have been sent, anything showing ongoing interconnected lives.
They just want to see this. You should not be afraid if you have nothing to hide and can give them these items, which will be returned to your sponsor after they have used them.
LCS

jlbme

Feb 3, 2008
I am sponsoring my partner who is 22 yrs my junior, ours is lesbian so we only have the option of applying as conjugal.

but we had a rather unusual experience in the interview, the interview commented on our different cultures and that the pope says we are against god's law.

then he made comment about our age difference being a bit much, in the same breath told my partner (of five years) that there was 20 years difference between he and his wife.

If you can make sense of that lol you can figure out the this whole immigration process lol

bottom line is they want to know if the relationship is real or just to get into the country, proof as much as possible and keep in the back of your mind it will be a pain, but you do have the right to appeal. We can only hope it isn't required.

good luck

T

TaaDow

Age is no factor at all... That being said, if there is a large difference it will make the Visa Office take a slightly closer look.

I just finished approving a case with a 35 year difference, it wasn't a factor at all because there was plenty of evidence that it was a true relationship. But we definately asked a few more questions then we may have otherwise.

Gotchaa

Star Member
Aug 9, 2007
TAADOW u seems to be working for CIC. If that is the case then plz tell us why CIC takes so long for spousal sponsorship cases? infact most of the applicants will understand time taken to investigate and scrutinize the case thoroughly which is CIC's right, but when asked for a reason for delay why do we get vague cold replies from CIC? Why cant CIC inform the applicants of the true reason for delay? This will surely lessen the agony of the applicants trust me on that!

T

TaaDow

I do work for CIC... CPC-Mississauga to be exact.

The primary reason for delays is the sheer volume of applications. We simply do not have the staff or budget to process any faster.

Over the past 10 years our office has more than tripled in size but the volume of applications also keeps rising. With each staff member expected to screen 10-15 cases per day and a staff of almost 120, we still barely manage to keep the backlog from growing.

Currently we're processing FC1 cases (spouses, children) approx 30 days after they are received but parental cases (FC4) currently have a 2 year backlog, meaning we are now processing cases received back in early 2006.

Another factor is that as more and more people find ways to abuse our immigration system, we become forced to take greater precautions and thus must screen each case in even more detail then we used too. We used to accept a lot of information at "Face Value", but now that has come back to bite on the behind, so we must now seek Proof of all claims and we have to do thourough background checks for criminality, welfare use, outstanding immigration loans, financial claims etc...

And that's just on our end... if you're unlucky enough to be trying to come through the New Delhi, Beijing, Hong Kong or Buffalo visa offices, you're likely to experience even more delay since these are the offices with the highest volumes (especially New Delhi).

Anyway, hope this helps to explain some delays.

tamee

Jul 25, 2007
thank you Taadow, it does help me understand and i hope it gives not only me but all of us a little more patients and empathy when it comes to the immigration process. thank you for your invaluable input on this site, as well as everyone who has helpful input, thank you everyone.