+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My federal skilled worker immigration experience

sharedknowledge

Nov 30, 2012
canacit said:
Your qualifications are only good enough to get you I to canada. Even if you go to Harvard or Cambridge when you get into canada you will find that your qualifications is worthless as Canadians only recognize their qualifications. So you have to start from scratch. Please realize this before you uproot yourself down to canada or like I have said prepare your mind and time before even landing here.
Susana and canacit,

Please continue talking. I 100% agree with Pipis Husband that your contributions are indeed valuable.

Just be more courteous and avoid becoming personal.

canacit

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.ctvnews.ca/business/canada-s-competitiveness-will-suffer-if-immigrants-aren-t-better-integrated-experts-1.1718705

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-debate/immigrants-want-success-now-not-tomorrow/article1212795/

http://reviewcanada.ca/magazine/2011/03/taxi-driver-syndrome/

obaied

Dec 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canacit said:
http://www.ctvnews.ca/business/canada-s-competitiveness-will-suffer-if-immigrants-aren-t-better-integrated-experts-1.1718705

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-debate/immigrants-want-success-now-not-tomorrow/article1212795/

http://reviewcanada.ca/magazine/2011/03/taxi-driver-syndrome/
dear madam,
pl write in details how to get study loan?
is it easy for pr?
if i study college (certi/diploma) can i get this?

hardworkpays

May 8, 2014
Bahrain
Category........
Visa Office......
WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Sep-14
Doc's Request.
CC charged 25-Nov-2014
Nomination.....
PER-22-Jan-2015
AOR Received.
23-Mar-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted With Application
File Transfer...
22-Jan-2015
Med's Request
17-Apr-2015
obaied said:
dear madam,
pl write in details how to get study loan?
is it easy for pr?
if i study college (certi/diploma) can i get this?
although it may not be a bad idea to take an education loan, afterall.

but i never took a loan for any reason whatsoever.
loan taken today has to be paid later with handsome interest.

I believe in to do what I can by my own, not on someone else's money, i think thats never a good idea.

Ms.PR

Jul 26, 2014
It is very good things to share your Canadian work & living experience.
Because, most of things we heard from hear & there may not be true. I applied under FSW 2013 program & planning to settle in canada.

After our marriage we didn't start our own life & still living temporary in our home country. We wanted to start new business in our country. But we didn't. We planned to start a small business in canada & my husband wanted to study further. As we heard, government is granting loans to start business. Is it true? or is it hard to get? And heard that government is paying some amount for family, for no. of children, if they haven't jobs.
Then, according to your stories, all these things are incorrect ?
What is the best city to start a life? heard about saskatchewan living cost is lower than others & has bast paid jobs. What are your experiences ?

Ms.PR

Jul 26, 2014
Ms.PR said:
It is very good things to share your Canadian work & living experience.
Because, most of things we heard from hear & there may not be true. I applied under FSW 2013 program & planning to settle in canada.
After our marriage we didn't start our own life & still living temporary in our home country. We wanted to start new business in our country. But we didn't. We planned to start a small business in canada & my husband wanted to study further. As we heard, government is granting loans to start business. Is it true? or is it hard to get? And heard that government is paying some amount for family, for no. of children, if they haven't jobs.
Then, according to your stories, all these things are incorrect ?
What is the best city to start a life? heard about saskatchewan living cost is lower than others & has bast paid jobs. What are your experiences ?

Thank you

ersanjeev84

Star Member
May 12, 2014
JAPAN
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1st week of Oct
@canacit

Thanks you so much for your experience, its good to see other side of the coin rather than getting only shine from Sun,

I almost gather my app documents but still in doubt about PR, i have well settled job ( same salary or may be more than average salary of engineer in CANADA),
my wife is also doing job here, & my baby goes to school,

But i am wondering, once i got PR & land into Canada i need to start from Scratch, & as you mention start with JOB (which can by any work) now i am doing white collar job & that too in other country(Japan)
so i will consider your feedback & think twice to take such a big turn of my life,

Jukeblam

Aug 14, 2013
Based on shared experiences here, I would say you both take vacation from your workplaces and complete your landing.

Then, if you can afford to have your wife quit her job, let her and child stay behind and she goes back to school - even if it's one year of graduate college certificate; while you go back to your job.

That way, she has a better pathway into the job market in Canada. After her graduation and she gets a good job, you can then go do an Msc while she is working.

I know I make it sound simple but I'd say that's a workable plan for a PR couple currently having good jobs.

Do not leave your well-paying job in Japan to go start from a full scratch in Canada. Rather plan to start midway- vis the Msc.

ersanjeev84 said:
But i am wondering, once i got PR & land into Canada i need to start from Scratch, & as you mention start with JOB

Reactions: Beran34

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canacit said:
Susana I advise you to open a new thread and write whatever you have experienced. You are not welcomed on my thread. I am posting my experience and how to avoid the mistakes we made. I will always advise anyone NEVER to take any survival job. It is their choice if they chose to. I had a fantastic life in uk and my home country an have never suffered as much as I have here in canada. Please read my post carefully before you start to write rubbish. And again please feel free to open a thread of your own and post about how wonderful survival jobs are. I did jot leave my home country to buy second hand furniture,( not that there is anything wrong with it)I did not leave my country or uk to work survival jobs. If that is what is wanted here before being eventually successful then I think it is a good thing to let people know before they leave a good life thinking they will be able to walk into the level of comfort they are used to and not be deceived, it's good for people to know what a they have to face and prepare themselves. Maybe people don't want to work survival jobs. Just because it's good for you does not mean it will be good for everyone else. If people know there is a choice then what is wrong there. Must everyone do survival jobs?

You cannot shut me up. People need to know that they don't have to come here and do survival jobs first. Education is there and funded and an option for permenent residents even if your just getting off the plane. It is there right and important for them to know it's an option. I have never met anyone in mississauga who was happy working survival jobs never. I am only talking about those that left their homes and well paying jobs. Who would want to leave their homes and good life to wash dishes to slave driving employers that treat you like *censored word*.
You don't own this forum and can't tell people where they can and can't post.

What a bitter miserable person.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
susana said:
How rude ! Now I understand....This is a free forum and anyone can post what they want, if you don't like it , your problem, if you are miserable in Canada, why are you still here ? You speak bad of the people that live here, Canadians and immigrants, is not my fault that the people you met were selfish and treated you badly,

I'm not shutting you off, just pointing out that there are others with BETTER experiences than you. I support and applaud those that make the decision to go back to school to get new credentials, but you forgot to mention that you are getting a student loan that you will be paying for several years to come and you are taking free money to pay your rent from people like me that work and pay taxes, money from Canadians and Immigrants that you seem to despise, where do you believe the money from your grants comes from?

Yes, start all over again is not easy, it would be the same here in Canada or anywhere else in the world.

Hope1957 is 100% right, you need to do your reasearch before moving to Canada, analize pros and cons, and at the end the decision is yours.

Post whatever you want, I DON'T CARE, keep scaring people with your bad luck, keep in mind that you can attract succcess with a positive attitude, you can recognize opportunities as they appear in your life.

I choose to be surranded by people with positive attitude, maybe that is the reason for my success , and by all means I'll leave this thread , I refuse to keep reading your comments, mopping around and blaming everyone and everything for your failures and unhappines.
Exactly! It's so obvious she had a terrible attitude from day 1 and this is a big reason for her unhappiness.

thecalling

Jun 11, 2014
I only read the posts on page 1. It sounds to me that the author chose to move to Canada because they did not want to wait for longer to get UK citizenship, or they were not even able to get it. no one twisted her arms and got her to file the application, she could always go back to UK where she can get much better jobs, at least close to what they were doing before, but they chose to stay in Canada.

I appreciate her sharing her experience, but there seems to be too much negative sides influenced by her emotions. I know heaps of successful stories that are opposite of what she's been telling.

anyways, all the best

Liss

Star Member
Feb 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2014
Doc's Request.
02-09-2015
Nomination.....
09-01-2015
AOR Received.
09-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
09-01-2015
Med's Request
21-09-2015
Med's Done....
29-09-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
thecalling said:
I only read the posts on page 1. It sounds to me that the author chose to move to Canada because they did not want to wait for longer to get UK citizenship, or they were not even able to get it. no one twisted her arms and got her to file the application, she could always go back to UK where she can get much better jobs, at least close to what they were doing before, but they chose to stay in Canada.

I appreciate her sharing her experience, but there seems to be too much negative sides influenced by her emotions. I know heaps of successful stories that are opposite of what she's been telling.

anyways, all the best
Can you please share some of the success stories you know? It will go a long way into helping a lot of people plan.

canacit

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://canadianimmigrant.ca/community/an-immigrants-struggles-in-canada

Beran34

Jul 22, 2017
I've read all of your stories and the answers.
I completely 1000% agree with you. You even said less. ID like to share my story one day (but not here and not now) we actually experienced a lot worse than you and still experiencing. It's a good eye opener your story and thank you for sharing it. If people want to believe the other stories let them believe what they want. Also people don't like to share or mention about their hardships they experienced especially to people who come from the same country