+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My federal skilled worker immigration experience

susana

Nov 4, 2008
How rude ! Now I understand....This is a free forum and anyone can post what they want, if you don't like it , your problem, if you are miserable in Canada, why are you still here ? You speak bad of the people that live here, Canadians and immigrants, is not my fault that the people you met were selfish and treated you badly,

I'm not shutting you off, just pointing out that there are others with BETTER experiences than you. I support and applaud those that make the decision to go back to school to get new credentials, but you forgot to mention that you are getting a student loan that you will be paying for several years to come and you are taking free money to pay your rent from people like me that work and pay taxes, money from Canadians and Immigrants that you seem to despise, where do you believe the money from your grants comes from?

Yes, start all over again is not easy, it would be the same here in Canada or anywhere else in the world.

Hope1957 is 100% right, you need to do your reasearch before moving to Canada, analize pros and cons, and at the end the decision is yours.

Post whatever you want, I DON'T CARE, keep scaring people with your bad luck, keep in mind that you can attract succcess with a positive attitude, you can recognize opportunities as they appear in your life.

I choose to be surranded by people with positive attitude, maybe that is the reason for my success , and by all means I'll leave this thread , I refuse to keep reading your comments, mopping around and blaming everyone and everything for your failures and unhappines.

petereshiett2K1

Mar 23, 2014
NIGERIA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ACCRA, GHANA
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
3RD DEC ,2014 !
Doc's Request.
CC CHARGE DATE - FEBRUARY 10, 2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER, 22nd feb., 2015.
File Transfer...
22nd feb, 2015.
Med's Request
15th september, 2015.
Med's Done....
22nd September, 2015. Medicals Recieved , October 13, 2015
Interview........
WAIVED, BY THE GRACE OF GOD.
Passport Req..
MAY 4TH, 2016, PICK UP mail on JUNE 2, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
JUNE 8, 2016
LANDED..........
SEPTRMBER 19, 2016 !
susana said:
How rude ! Now I understand....This is a free forum and anyone can post what they want, if you don't like it , your problem, if you are miserable in Canada, why are you still here ? You speak bad of the people that live here, Canadians and immigrants, is not my fault that the people you met were selfish and treated you badly,

I'm not shutting you off, just pointing out that there are others with BETTER experiences than you. I support and applaud those that make the decision to go back to school to get new credentials, but you forgot to mention that you are getting a student loan that you will be paying for several years to come and you are taking free money to pay your rent from people like me that work and pay taxes, money from Canadians and Immigrants that you seem to despise, where do you believe the money from your grants comes from?

Yes, start all over again is not easy, it would be the same here in Canada or anywhere else in the world.

Hope1957 is 100% right, you need to do your reasearch before moving to Canada, analize pros and cons, and at the end the decision is yours.

Post whatever you want, I DON'T CARE, keep scaring people with your bad luck, keep in mind that you can attract succcess with a positive attitude, you can recognize opportunities as they appear in your life.

I choose to be surranded by people with positive attitude, maybe that is the reason for my success , and by all means I'll leave this thread , I refuse to keep reading your comments, mopping around and blaming everyone and everything for your failures and unhappines.
DONT BE OFFENDED SOME PEOPLE DONT HAVE MANNERS

apple_08

Jul 2, 2014
Hello Canacit,

Thank you for posting your experience. It will surely be a great help for us applying for FSW.

I was just wondering, may I know where did you study your undergrad/college? May I know from what country were you from before you moved to UK?

Also, regarding the landlord asking you to moveout after you paid her for a year's rent, why didn't you sue her for that? She had no right to kick you out of the apartment because you are already paid for a year's rent. And not refunding your paid rent after she kicked you out is clearly illegal.

My husband and I together with our son are planning to go to Canada hopefully next year. Our initial plan is that my husband will study law for 3years and gain Canadian education and hopefully get a high paying job after that. We will not be working for 3-4years, I will just be a house wife and he'll just be a law student. Of course, we will make sure our funds will be enough to cover 3-4years of our daily expenses. In your opinion, after living in Canada since 2010, do you think we have a good plan? Please share your thoughts.

Thank you in advance :)

jerythomasin

Jan 3, 2013
Bangalore, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
7 Aug 2012
Med's Done....
15 Dec 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15 Dec 2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2014
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
some points i want to discuss too. i will be sharing my experience soon . Now she has mentioned that they were staying in Hotel in Mississauga this decision to stay in hotel for long time was a wallet draining action. i am also staying in mississauga and plenty of rental houses available. and job market in Toronto is very tight those who choose to stay in Ontario please avoid mississauga and toronto take Landon as their landing spot i have completed around 2 months in mississauga and soon sharing my experience

chappan

Star Member
May 30, 2012
With due respect to OP, I have to agree with Susana that OP is a little rude. You must learn how to respect people. You are giving people your personal advice but you are not willing to take others. That's not right! How can you help others when you sound like such a dominating person? Susana was just trying to fill in some positivity in your highly negative post and you took offense of it. Why? This is an open forum and anybody can post anywhere. To be very honest, if I were to start all over again and if I was thinking about applying for Canada, I would have never even attempted to apply after reading your posts.

It's a common sense that everybody's situation is different. A lot of OP's advice is spot on but some of the information she has posted didn't make any sense. For example, leaving a rented home in the middle of the year while the rent for the entire year was already paid. Who does that? She seems like a smart lady, very well educated. If you had come from a third world country, I could have imagined that somebody was able to take advantage of you. But after having lived in the UK for so many years, if somebody was able to make your fool then I am sorry OP, it's more of your fault. Not sure why did you let it go just like that?

She also posted totally wrong information about Ottawa. I have been living in Ottawa for some time now and I have never encountered or even heard what she has posted here about Ottawa - drug addicts, most people are on welfare, infrastructure is crumbling, roads are terrible, bla bla bla. What a bunch of BS!! Ottawa is one of the most prosperous cities in Canada. Yes there is crime but rate is extremely low. Yes there are drug addicts but you don't find them on streets like you do in Vancouver or Toronto. The main reason for Ottawa doing better than other cities is, like OP said, that most people here work for the government. All are very well paid hence the prosperity. Highway roads are as good as you can find anywhere else in North America. I have hardly seen any homeless people on street. Not denying that there must be a few areas where there indeed must be some homeless people but it's not as bad. Ottawa is relatively a very quiet city. It's not for those who like night outs. Go to Toronto if like late night parties, too much noise, crowd, etc.

I am also surprised that she is complaining about racism which I being an Asian have never encountered. Being from UK, she should know that UK is one of the top countries where racism is quite open. Compare to that, it's negligible here (at least where I live) so please don't complain. Passive racism is way better than open racism. At least nobody tells on your face to FO because you are from a third world country.

Anyway, with all my rant, I agree that Ottawa is not the best place to land when you arrive in Canada. I agree with OP that there is a lot of nepotism so unless you have links and job is guaranteed, don't come here.

I overall agree with her recommendations that people must come prepared before landing. Life is hard, money goes by very fast, etc. I also agree that don't fall into the trap of survival jobs if you are confident about your profession. Keep fighting hard, join a course or two, make new connections, improve communication. This will take you a long way. You just have to be patient. Please also don't expect getting the same level of job that you had in your own country, right off the bat. It's possible but it's not common.

Cheers!

nishesh3003

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Oakville Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2014
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
13-01-2015
Med's Request
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-07-2015
jerythomasin said:
some points i want to discuss too. i will be sharing my experience soon . Now she has mentioned that they were staying in Hotel in Mississauga this decision to stay in hotel for long time was a wallet draining action. i am also staying in mississauga and plenty of rental houses available. and job market in Toronto is very tight those who choose to stay in Ontario please avoid mississauga and toronto take Landon as their landing spot i have completed around 2 months in mississauga and soon sharing my experience
Looking forward to it.

xsabhishek

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Delhi
the only thing which worries me..why we need to study again..what was the point of WES/ICAS evaluation?
If CIC thinks we are qualified and grant us PR, employers must consider the education as equivalent.

I am a little confused now.
Employers only consider canadian work experience and education only while considering for job??

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
xsabhishek said:
the only thing which worries me..why we need to study again..what was the point of WES/ICAS evaluation?
If CIC thinks we are qualified and grant us PR, employers must consider the education as equivalent.

I am a little confused now.
Employers only consider canadian work experience and education only while considering for job??
Look at it this way, if you were a Canadian employer and you have two candidates with foreign education and work experience applying to you for work. Now one of the candidates has taken the pains to obtain a Canadian education either with another degree or a certification obtained in Canada and the other has not. All things being equal, which would you hire?
You already know you would hire the person with the Canadian edge, these are part of the things you should have considered before you applied for FSW because when you get to Canada, there will be other people willing to go the extra to make themselves marketable, are you willing to do the same? Cheers :)

Reactions: Beran34

xsabhishek

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Delhi
Pipis Husband said:
Look at it this way, if you were a Canadian employer and you have two candidates with foreign education and work experience applying to you for work. Now one of the candidates has taken the pains to obtain a Canadian education either with another degree or a certification obtained in Canada and the other has not. All things being equal, which would you hire?
You already know you would hire the person with the Canadian edge, these are part of the things you should have considered before you applied for FSW because when you get to Canada, there will be other people willing to go the extra to make themselves marketable, are you willing to do the same? Cheers :)
Thanks Pip for the clarification..u got me thinking now..i never really gave it a thought before applying for FSWP :)
if i need to study again i will definitely try to get into top US universities rather than canada.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
xsabhishek said:
Thanks Pip for the clarification..u got me thinking now..i never really gave it a thought before applying for FSWP :)
if i need to study again i will definitely try to get into top US universities rather than canada.
Glad to be of help and by the way, Canada has some top ranked schools. Just check any good international school ranking list to see if you would be interested in a Canadian school as well. :)

canacit

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chapman, I honestly don't care what you have to say. Like I advised Susanna open your thread and post what you want. It's a good thing you know I am rude.

I will stop here because like people before me that tried to tell others of how canada truly is they were shot down. Obviously canadians don't want others to know the true nature of things. But those that are smart will read my post properly and take the good they can from it.

canacit

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your qualifications are only good enough to get you I to canada. Even if you go to Harvard or Cambridge when you get into canada you will find that your qualifications is worthless as Canadians only recognize their qualifications. So you have to start from scratch. Please realize this before you uproot yourself down to canada or like I have said prepare your mind and time before even landing here.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
canacit said:
Your qualifications are only good enough to get you I to canada. Even if you go to Harvard or Cambridge when you get into canada you will find that your qualifications is worthless as Canadians only recognize their qualifications. So you have to start from scratch. Please realize this before you uproot yourself down to canada or like I have said prepare your mind and time before even landing here.
Hi, you make some very good points for those considering Canada. It balances things out to look at the ups and downs of a significant move like immigration. Thanks for your contributions, God bless. :)

xsabhishek

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Delhi
If i ever get a PR my strategy will be to shift to canada to my company's local office there...
will try to find any local opening in that office from my home country
Hope the plan works out :)

canacit

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Concerning racism/ insular attitudes in canada, in UK there is a lot of open racism, but to be honest even with the open racism immigrants are given an opportunity to work good jobs and make a decent living for themselves which us in contrast to Canada where racism is hidden and not open or overt and there is a lot barriers set up to stop you achieving or forging ahead.