+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MY FATHER WAS DEPORTED

GQSOU

May 24, 2018
Hi! Ok so here is the storey.

My father was deported in 2000 and after 16 years he applied for a Canadian pardon which is known now for a record suspension which he received it. My father currently lives in Portugal he is a Portuguese citizen and now would like to visit Canada but does not know what other steps to take. We know that he has to apply for an Electinic travel authorization ETA but we tried doing that but he never got a response. I don’t know what to do next at this point, ! His entire family is here or even his grandchildren I am of Canadian citizen I am born in Canada I don’t know what to do ! I need help. I even filled out an ARC and we mailed it to London England to the Canadian visa office there but it was sent back stating that they don’t take papers it would have to be done online but then again I don’t think we can apply for an ARC online please help! I am desperate.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Was he deported due to criminal reasons? Have you applied for rehabilitation?

Also, here's the information guide for ARC

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/inadmissibility/reasons/authorization-return-canada.html

Note: If you are from a visa-exempt country and require an ARC to re-enter Canada, you must submit these documents by mail to the visa office responsible for your region .

The visa office for Portugal is Paris, not London.

--

You should consider hiring a lawyer/consultant who is experienced in this area instead of doing it all yourself. ARCs can be complex.