My Family is Getting Threats, how should i Move to Canada

BaqarNaqvi

May 28, 2013
Karachi
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
I am Shia Muslim, and my family is receiving threats. You guys knows the situation of Pakistan, especially Karachi. Each day, Shias are being killed.
My uncle who is living in Canada has asked me to apply on this basis. But i dont have slightest idea HOW TO
Please any one help me, before its too late ;(

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It's unlikely your uncle can sponsor you. Where does he live in Canada? Does he have any other family in Canada (spouse, children) and are his parents still alive?

If you want to apply to come to Canada as refugees, then you should review the following page to learn about your options:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/refugees/outside/index.asp

BaqarNaqvi

May 28, 2013
Karachi
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
It's unlikely your uncle can sponsor you. Where does he live in Canada? Does he have any other family in Canada (spouse, children) and are his parents still alive?

If you want to apply to come to Canada as refugees, then you should review the following page to learn about your options:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/refugees/outside/index.asp
He lives in Markham, Ontario
Yes most of his cousins, relative lives there
His son and daughter lives in U.S
He do have 2 houses

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Then he is probably not eligible to sponsor you. If you are truly at risk, why not go to the closest safe country as a refugee?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
BaqarNaqvi said:
He lives in Markham, Ontario
Yes most of his cousins, relative lives there
His son and daughter lives in U.S
He do have 2 houses
He can't sponsor you.

You will either have to qualify to immigrate independently or see if you can qualify as refugees.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Threats really should not be taken seriously, people in power use that in a way to intimidate other people. There are many Shias residing in Pakistan as a matter of fact they have a strong influence in Karachi, I am more concerned about the persecution of Hindu and Christian Pakistanis because they are outright non-Muslims, I believe shias would be considered half-Muslim. So the threat they are giving is just brotherly love in a non-brotherly way. Dont take it too seriously, it happens yaar, just chill. If you are really that desperate try to applying as refugee to Iran since Iran is predominantly Shia, they'll welcome you with open arms. This will be the best option for you, good luck.

If you have some education and work experience you can apply to Canada as a skilled worker visit the following website

www.cic.gc.ca

you'll find more information there.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
newtone said:
Threats really should not be taken seriously, people in power use that in a way to intimidate other people. There are many Shias residing in Pakistan as a matter of fact they have a strong influence in Karachi, So the threat they are giving is just brotherly love in a non-brotherly way. Dont take it too seriously, it happens yaar, just chill.
Thanks for your "expert opinion" Newtone....do you want to tell the families of the 90 Shia's who died in this attack a few months ago to "just chill" as well? Do you think that they too were taking the threats too seriously?

http://www.presstv.com/detail/2013/02/19/289772/pakistan-bombing-death-toll-hits-90/

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Firstly the question is if this person who posted the original post is "targeted". By targeted I mean are people exclusively looking to kill him either because he has written something in the newspaper against the government or any religious or social group or any religious or political figure. If the answer to this is "yes" then he can have a case. If the answer to this is "no" then there are many Shias living in Karachi who are being persecuted because they are Shias, why not help them as well. What makes his case special? "What do you want Canada to do?". You want Canada to open their doors to all Shias who are being persecuted around the world? Why stop there, why not open the doors to other people being persecuted such as the following:

1. Burmese Muslims

http://observers.france24.com/content/20130424-muslim-burmese-refugees-camps-fear

2. Iraqis

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/2013/05/29/00/14/16-killed-in-new-series-of-iraq-attacks

3. 100 Million Christians

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/01/08/us-religion-christianity-persecution-idUSBRE9070TB20130108

4. Syrian refugees

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/may/16/syria-crisis-refugees-million-un

5. Ahmadi in Bangladesh

http://dawn.com/2013/02/07/bangladesh-mob-torches-ahmadi-festival-site/

and the list goes on, my point is, is BaqarNaqvi a sought out figure in Pakistan? are officials after him? do they want him dead? By merely saying Shias are being persecuted does not help. This is a Pakistani problem and Pakistan has to take full responsibility of looking after its citizens, regardless of race, religion, creed, color, sex, disability etc. The report from press TV, the link that you provided on your post clearly says "families continue their sit-in for the second consecutive day in the city of Quetta demanding government protection" So lets get the facts straight and not get too excited about taking things out of context. You should question your government and your people first for your own safety instead of pointing fingers and blaming others in this forum for your misfortune.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
newtone said:
Firstly the question is if this person who posted the original post is "targeted". ...So lets get the facts straight and not get too excited about taking things out of context. You should question your government and your people first for your own safety instead of pointing fingers and blaming others in this forum for your misfortune.
The OP said he had received threats, so apparently he was targeted. With regard to "getting facts straight", perhaps you should take your own advice and ask him the questions you posed without dismissing his case outright.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
torontosm said:
The OP said he had received threats, so apparently he was targeted. With regard to "getting facts straight", perhaps you should take your own advice and ask him the questions you posed without dismissing his case outright.
As I stated clearly on my post religious minorities always receive threats, the government of Pakistan should provide protection. This is clearly a domestic issue. If he feels genuinely threatened I've also provided a solution, to take refuge in Iran. For a person who genuinely fears for this life any place for him is better than where he is at present, this means crossing the border by land, air or sea ASAP instead of sitting on a computer and trying to pick and choose where he can go. Beggars obviously cant be choosers right? He clearly hasen't answered any of mine questions so I am doubtful about his claims and the threat.

Spikey92

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2013
AOR Received.
15-05-2013
Med's Done....
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
12-03-2014
And ,reading the other posts the OP posted ,it seems that he is just looking for a way to get into canada and study.
If his life really was threatened he would leave immediately and glady appreciate any other country he could go to.such as iran.

Geez there are so many other people that gets "threats" because of skin colour etc,you can find this everywhere in every country around the world, imagine what would happen if they all used the excuse of "threats" to move to a better/different/other country,just because someone made a stupid/rude comment.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Spikey92 said:
And ,reading the other posts the OP posted ,it seems that he is just looking for a way to get into canada and study.
If his life really was threatened he would leave immediately and glady appreciate any other country he could go to.such as iran.
From his posts previous to this thread, it certainly seems that he is trying the "study" route and is unlikely to qualify. Hence bringing out the "refugee" card instead. Anyone who is prepared to wait for a study application to be approved probably isn't that much at risk after all.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
newtone said:
Firstly the question is if this person who posted the original post is "targeted". By targeted I mean are people exclusively looking to kill him either because he has written something in the newspaper against the government or any religious or social group or any religious or political figure. If the answer to this is "yes" then he can have a case. If the answer to this is "no" then there are many Shias living in Karachi who are being persecuted because they are Shias, why not help them as well. What makes his case special? "What do you want Canada to do?". You want Canada to open their doors to all Shias who are being persecuted around the world? Why stop there, why not open the doors to other people being persecuted such as the following:

1. Burmese Muslims

http://observers.france24.com/content/20130424-muslim-burmese-refugees-camps-fear

2. Iraqis

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/2013/05/29/00/14/16-killed-in-new-series-of-iraq-attacks

3. 100 Million Christians

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/01/08/us-religion-christianity-persecution-idUSBRE9070TB20130108

4. Syrian refugees

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/may/16/syria-crisis-refugees-million-un

5. Ahmadi in Bangladesh

http://dawn.com/2013/02/07/bangladesh-mob-torches-ahmadi-festival-site/

and the list goes on, my point is, is BaqarNaqvi a sought out figure in Pakistan? are officials after him? do they want him dead? By merely saying Shias are being persecuted does not help. This is a Pakistani problem and Pakistan has to take full responsibility of looking after its citizens, regardless of race, religion, creed, color, sex, disability etc. The report from press TV, the link that you provided on your post clearly says "families continue their sit-in for the second consecutive day in the city of Quetta demanding government protection" So lets get the facts straight and not get too excited about taking things out of context. You should question your government and your people first for your own safety instead of pointing fingers and blaming others in this forum for your misfortune.
++1 ( Good Post )

BaqarNaqvi

May 28, 2013
Karachi
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks newtone
But yes, my mothers cousins is shot dead a week ago, and the thread continues, you are right the government should protect us, but here government is involved in it. On other hand about Iran, iranis are "Qom Parast" they think about there people only.
And yes i am trying for the Student Visa for my higher studies, but was thinking for my mother that she may get refugee visa and so..
Thanks you guys for your concern
moreover newtone, Christians and Hindus are more safer then Shia Muslims, thats the main point!
We are against Talibans, against Brutalism showed by these Wahabis thats why they are following us. And killing us.

BaqarNaqvi

May 28, 2013
Karachi
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zardoz said:
From his posts previous to this thread, it certainly seems that he is trying the "study" route and is unlikely to qualify. Hence bringing out the "refugee" card instead. Anyone who is prepared to wait for a study application to be approved probably isn't that much at risk after all.
Why i am UNLIKELY to qualify for higher studies in Canada?
I am only wishing to study in Canada because my uncle is sponsoring the fees for me thats all.