+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My expriences so far ... first two days in Toronto!!!

david1697

Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Some additional truth about immigrating to EU versus US or Canada:

For one, there is practically no way to immigrate to most of the Western Europe. US is difficult, Canada is probably the easiest to qualify (ex. FSW is based on points, without any job offer or sponsor). But how does one without immediate relatives or business sponsors immigrate to EU as a permanent resident?

Notice that I don't say it's impossible to immigrate to EU, also notice that above statement is comparing EU immigration system to that of US and Canada, not the EU to the rest of the world, or rest of the world to EU immigration system.

Another sad truth about EU is that most of the immigrants I ever heard of there never made it as well as majority of those in US and Canada.
In terms of advancing, I would think US is the country you have best chances to succeed.

It is very difficult to make a good living in US, make no mistake about it, but at the same time I know a lot of immigrants who are very successful in the US.
Sometimes I think the recent immigrants in US make better living (as a group) than those who were here for 3-4 generations and more (as a whole group). How does that compare to how well immigrants do in EU?

Again, always keep in mind that I don't make black and white assessments (anyone who does so is probably misleading you), I don't throw catch phrases, and you have to place anything I state into proper context and use a comparative scale. Some people will pull a sentence or a phrase out of context and then make an argument against it, but they will be missing a point.

Of course, one will admit that just because you have a higher income/able to afford more things doesn't mean you are overall a happier person. That's a separate subject. But if you talk about overall outcome for large number of people who moved to EU or US and Canada, you will see that few if any have succeeded in EU, in any form or shape, vs those who came to US or Canada.

A different subject, that can't be ignored, is a lifestyle. I believe the local Western European population has better quality of life than we have here in the US.
It's more relaxed in Europe (I recently spent my vacation there), people seem to enjoy life to a greater degree and not just thoughtlessly rush and run as if it was the end of the world, they have more of individual freedoms and less of social shaming, in short they live more like adults in Europe and less so in US.
Also, we have this "fire alarm" mode in American lifestyle. By "fire alarm" mode I mean the particular style of life where everything is always rushed,where there is this endless and convulsing urge to do everything extremely fast as if tomorrow is the end of the world. I consider it a great disadvantage of US lifestyle and one of the reasons why I liked it so much more in Canada (again, in comparison to what we have in US it seemed as more relaxed, joyful and happier lifestyle that Canadians appeared to be enjoying).

All in all, if you are a native Western European and have a settled life in UK, France, Germany, Switzerland, Holland or Norway I don't know exactly why would you want to move over to North America. Notice that I don't assert that it would be wrong for anyone from EU to move to North America, because I know each case can be different and I am assuming it is good enough for some who move to North America from EU and stay here. I just state that I personally don't know why would EU Citizens want to move to North America. I also can't think of a reason why anyone in North America would want to immigrate to EU under current circumstances.

Finally, I personally do not like the idea of staying "positive" without an empirical reason to support the positive view or expectations. I think I would easily get clinically depressed if I was irrationally positive and always expected the best. Having not achieved what I was expecting I would feel hurt and broke anytime I didn't reach my goals. I prefer to be skeptical and realistic instead. It helps me to set my expectations where they should be, not too high and not too low, just as changing circumstances and assessment of current situation allows me. And, when I do achieve something I will feel great about it, while I can handle failure with cool head.

Notice that when I reference irrationally "positive" I don't mean someone making an effort and pretending to be positive, I talk about true inner state of mind, which can't be always upbeat for any normal, real human being. Also, when I say "skeptical" or "realistic" I don't mean being whiny, lamenting every single day one is alive and so on.
I simply mean doing an honest to yourself, an accurate assessment of circumstances and your individual position in relation to those circumstances, as best as you can. A balanced approach.

Wish everyone happy holidays.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
david1697 said:
All in all, if you are a native Western European and have a settled life in UK, France, Germany, Switzerland, Holland or Norway I don't know exactly why would you want to move over to North America. Notice that I don't assert that it would be wrong for anyone from EU to move to North America, because I know each case can be different and I am assuming it is good enough for some who move to North America from EU and stay here. I just state that I personally don't know why would EU Citizens want to move to North America. I also can't think of a reason why anyone in North America would want to immigrate to EU under current circumstances.
Life is about new experiences, people need change in their lives therefore they move, i've worked in a global company before moving to canada and have met a mainstream Canadian living happily in Spain for over 20 years, Swedish and Danish nationals living for many years in Africa (and guess what they are enjoying it)..., Italians, Brits and Americans living happily for over a decade in UAE/Dubai, China, Malaysia....etc.

Each individual has his own goals and dreams and works towards them, there is no general rule...

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
CharlotteJ said:
:)

It is so interesting to read these comments and replies, the intellectually loaded replies, the job related ones and the Thailand vs Canada/West point of views ...

1. I have not deleted anything, perhaps the mods have done, let that be clear.

2. Let's talk about Canada and keep the respect in not calling me a spoiled European brat. Perhaps I was for I was used to travel back and forth staying at 5 star hotels, driving big cars, seeing lovely friends/family in posh area's having no idea that the waiter or hotel maid I spoke with in a fun way, was doing such a harsh work to keep me satisfied let alone about my shopping spree's and the poor sales people who I later found out how hard they work, how little they make, long hours, low wages, zero respect from their employer and a hierarchy that makes Imperial Indian style fade away in comparison ... but sure I wasn't that spoiled either.

3. I thought it may be easier to find a job as an European, but I was wrong ... in fact, it is easier to find a job as an Asian or African or Middle Eastern given certain area's of industry are pretty much in a certain hand and one hand is above the other ... so ..what I tried to teach new comers to Canada: learn to network .. don't stick to your own community, but make friends, talk to each other, be nice to each other, learn, you would never know, you would never know that one day, the people you face, is the very same person who is going to help you land a first job!!! ... FIRST .. I mean .. or your one and only if you are very lucky of course.

4. I worked hard, I saw injustice, A whole lot of it ... never in Europe, before and since I am back, despite the austerity, the lingering misery and such, still by far not even one bit close to what I saw there ... and I have friends from every possible layer of the society and from all over the World .. my facebook is a melting pot of all cultures and nationalities where we communicate through English language and so far, it seems that I am the only one (among with my other European friends) who are truly living ... living a life that may be much more moderate and quiet than those in North America by comparison, but at least we have a life we can talk about ...

We still have some good rights, we can go on holidays, regardless of whether or not you are a banker or a cleaner, if you work full time, you are entitled to 26 days of holiday and 8% holiday allowance each ... not depending on your age or years of experience .. I know friends in Canada who are young and hardly have 15 days of holiday a year and work their butts off to make ends meet and can't not even use their holidays to go anywhere ... and I also know those who are older, much older, have like 40 days a year holiday but yet again, they too can not afford doing much or if so, just a few short trips to places where shops are the same as in Toronto or Vancouver, scenery maybe a bit different, but culturally the same unless it is for some beach side resort in Mexico or Guatemala??!!!

Here, we can drive to any city we want, take the train and go get around for a little and at least see something else, different places, different cultures ... food, architecture, art, anything you want ...

But such is life ... one likes it this way, the other not ... to each his/her own right?

It doesn't matter where you live and what you like, as long as you are prepared to make sacrifices ... we no longer live in 1910's or let's say 1950's when one could truly embark on a new adventure and make it work in no time, build a new future based on security of money and finances ... today, ah well you know it all better than me ... nothing is permanent ... if you make some money, you must be more than happy to have a job at all..any job ..

so ... to think that Canada is a better place, yes, sure, certainly, if you live in India, SE Asia or so as David mentioned I guess and has had enough of injustice, corruption and having no rights, yes, if you can make it somewhere else, for the sake of your children, do it...

but if you can afford living where you are and perhaps change your own situation to have it better, then think twice ... you may need to make many many sacrifices to land at the same spot where you left ... it is also time that matters..

Moving to Canada or anywhere else, means you set back your clock with 4 to 5 years to be at the very same spot where you left.

I thought, when I made the choice to return, that it may take me 4 to 5 years to start all over and be back on the same level, but surprisingly, maybe for it being Europe, I did it all in 2 years and I am now at a much better shape than then.

Have a good job, self employed, something I could have never thought of before my move to Canada, but having done so, I learnt so much, It changed me .. it made me believe in many things I didn't believe and nothing could anymore stand in my way ...

and I learnt something else too ... which I hope you all can use wisely in your daily search for jobs or when dealing with dilemma's of daily life ..

Keep telling to yourself that " YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE BUT ALL TO WIN" ... and I did that and I got it ...

My husband set his own firm too, in IT and is all too happy ever since, while many are laid off in different industries, he is fine .. there is a dire need for professional IT workers in pretty much all of (Northern) Europe ... also in construction and such ... high skilled workers are difficult to find ... but sure, you also need to learn the languages, deal with the winters, grey weather .. cloudy skies, less friendly people, less of things you are used to back home, for Europe is not like Canada ... it is not a melting pot and although there are signs it is changing but still it is not that much to say it is a multicultural continent ... no it is not.

one more thing .. I know this Egyptian young man since recently, I met him while in Germany on a short trip, funnily enough, he appeared to have been made the move to Canada (Vancouver) and a rather highly educated on but also a handy man, somebody who can make a house for you with whatever he finds, ... I asked him how come he came back? .. he was making a good money, had a good life ... etc etc ... his response:

Europe is old, I can learn something new here each day ... Canada is new, people there are all new too, there is nothing you can learn, nobody can teach you anything worthy of it and so the identity is lost ... here, I can learn from Germans many new idea's, values and such .. and I was like " wow ... hmmmm ... there is something in it ..." ...

And he is now glad his children are not in Canada to go to school and learn nothing but to show off with their degree's, cars, big homes, possessions, but rather stay at an apartment, go to an average school, make some school trips to Madrid, Vienna, Berlin, Amsterdam etc and learn something, see something, make friends from different places and see the differences and work together to improve each other's lifestyles ... even it is very hard now, but something in it what he told me.

And .. yes, this spoiled brat here, couldn't learn anything there ... I was the one who was teaching things and I was outnumbered and it wasn't funny to see people who each tries to oppose his / her own culture on the other and feel superior to the other one ...

Like my last experience while there ... a friend who had moved to a beautiful villa in an upscale neighborhood of Toronto, driving a Lexus ... was complaining that his son is being laughed at and bullied at school by other kids, mainly neighbors for they all have BMW's and I don't which ever Infinity or Mercedes and so when I mentioned " oh what a lovely comfy car" he said no .. we are going to sell it and buy a BMW ... what??? I was like ... teach your child to stand up and tell the other kids they are stupid ... don't play upon it ... ah well .. try to do this in Germany, the Netherlands or Denmark and people will absolutely take a distant from YOU as parent and not from the child and the child will be avoided by other children because nobody cares what do you drive or what house do you have...

These were the things I saw ... in many occasions I was immediately asked by people while there, " oh what brand shoes are you wearing?"... while here nobody cares ... as long as you are neat and clean and have a personality, or just mind your own business and live your own life ...

or I remember my last trip in Toronto ... sitting at a cafe having lunch on the outside ..good weather .. many young couples with their friends in their fancy schmancy attire and purses with their cars bla bla bla ... all talking at loud, showing off, what they do, who they know, oh that person is that, is doing this, is so famous, bla bla bla .. so utterly childish ... and my friends had to at one point make some gestures to tell a couple with their friends near our table that " No, she is European, works there and do that and such ..." show off and I felt like a Status Symbol .. like whatever...

On another occasion, going out with my Asian friends .. they came to pick me up in a CHIC Mercedes ... we went to 360 up CN tower and they all had to say Oh our friend from Europe is here ... so annoying ... come on .. who cares .. live your life ... get what you want and talk about good stuff ...

and then I am there again, sitting, listening to their stories .. how hard they work, that it is all one big huge facade ... glittering facade ..

But good news too, there are the more normal people too... an Indian couple I know ... (oh btw, they are moving back to India ... the husband has set up a Real Estate firm, lessons learnt from Canada and is now making a decent living and is far happier than being in Toronto) and they were just so sweet ... these days I see their happy faces in more relaxed atmosphere in their beautiful Sari's and such attending weddings, going out and such ... and I am invited too ..

(good thing about Canada, you can make friends and if you can afford accepting each and every invitation to meet hem in their hometown .. wow .. it will be fun) ...

But don't get me in anyway wrong ...

Canada is a great country, it is a happy place too, there are good and bad people, there are good and bad choices to make too, there are plenty or none opportunities too, it is all depending on your own attitude ... what you want ...what you really can afford or how do you/ can you, live????

Make your friends with care ... network, but in a proper way, ... recognize talent, recognize connections, avoid the negative minded people ... You d be all too busy to make the ends meet already and find your way, so avoid those who will only help you think negative and down ... the more fun people the happier you would be to handle it all with a better mood when you stand up in the morning and if you can go to a interview, you can shine ...

Also, work on role play ... it is a common thing in Canada to role play at certain job interviews and ... do not exclude any opportunity to do a job that you might have never considered doing in your back home .. example: you are an accountant with a few degree's in India? ... you can work at BestBuy as sales person???

well do it ... use your talents and intelligence to do a great job at the interview .. not only you would learn a whole new aspect of life, but also new people, new mentalities, new faces and in time, you can climb up... and who knows, you will land on the right place for you...

Do not exclude anything .. don 't be blind .. be open ... be positive and be good to yourself ...

That all being said ... knowing some skills come in handy indeed like with Jin. ... I had the impression that there are already too many high educated people in Canada chasing after the same job while there were plenty of other jobs available. So be aware of that. Competition is high ... 260.000 new immigrants each year .. go figure .. you must be an athlete in anyway possible to handle that ...

And to those critisizing me ..I did a good job, I landed a quite a few very good one and if I just had given myself a bit more time and patience, you bet I would now be running my own firm there too .. but no thanks, I had seen and done enough .. to each his own ..

Merry Christmas to you all ...
+1 that's an awesome post

rahulk9

Star Member
Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CharlotteJ just a small advice for you. Next time if someone tells you that "I was a doctor in India and now a taxi driver in Canada" don't feel too pity about it. As mentioned in an early post by your friend, he was right. You will find more medical institutes in India than bus stops in Canada. Even the pass outs from fake institutes consider themselves A list doctors. I live in India and I know what kind of people move to Canada. Very small percentage of those are actually qualified.

Secondly, India cannot be a country worth immigrating to in the next few decades. In a country where an unemployed person is given CAD $10 for a month as benefit leaves a lot to be desired. That is why we are experiencing a brain drain in our country.
Those who are qualified enough finds their way to success.

david1697

Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is more to it than med colleges being more common than bus stops in India.
Somehow, there is no medical practice without Dr. Patel in US, while Indian driving a taxi here is unheard of.

Many factors exist, and some countries are more favorable than others for you to immigrate to if you possess certain qualities and degrees.
It just so happens that if you are a doctor from India you have greater chances to end up as a practicing doctor in US,
and as a taxi driver in Canada.

Needless to say, it must be better for an Indian to drive taxi in Canada than stay in India as a doctor.

david1697

Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
emamabd said:
Life is about new experiences, people need change in their lives therefore they move, i've worked in a global company before moving to canada and have met a mainstream Canadian living happily in Spain for over 20 years, Swedish and Danish nationals living for many years in Africa (and guess what they are enjoying it)..., Italians, Brits and Americans living happily for over a decade in UAE/Dubai, China, Malaysia....etc.

Each individual has his own goals and dreams and works towards them, there is no general rule...
That's why I made a disclaimer in my post, stating that I realize each individual case might be different and for some EU Citizens it must be good enough in North America if they come here and stay.

I would also note that if you work for the global organization and transferred exclusively as part of such an organization then it considerably changes things for you. As I stated in my earlier post, even a Third World country/SE Asian National will do well in their Native country (where they would otherwise be miserable) if they were sent there as part of a large Western business or organization, provided authorities on the ground are allies of the Western states and individual is insulated from organized crime, violence, abuse, corruption and other things common in those places.

ht711

Dec 6, 2014
Comeon Rahul. Well in India, not everybody is going to get a chance to become doctor because pvt colleges charge so muchhhhhh fees that everybody can't even think of and Govt. colleges which are the best e.g. AIIMS, PGI those who are passing from there, these docs are doing very good in India or going to US of A and not Canada. People (Indians) who are doing their studies from Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, they are not getting jobs in India as a doctor (it's worthless to study from these countries and expect that you will get a chance in India) not all are planning to come to Canada. No doctor who is working in AIIMS or other good hospitals, they are not leaving India for Canada. No Software engineer or Networking Engineer who is working for Microscoft, Yahoo, Google, Infosys, HCL, or TCS, they are not leaving India for Canada (Maximum not leaving). Yea doctors are driving taxis in Canada, it is because Canada is not ready to take them in the system right away or even after 1 year or 2 years even those doctors who have passed all the required exams in Canada, they are not getting Residency for their practice, waiting line is too big.... (you can find the reality about it on youtube, video's are available) and it is not only with Indian doctors but with everybody who are landing there from different part of this world, what to do people came there after selling their properties or resigned from their jobs or they were not getting good jobs in their home countries that's why they came here and ready to do anything as CIC chooses immigrants on point system so everybody has same level even if you study from A college or B college you are treated at par, according to points i mean. Good and bad is everywhere...we are more than a billion people and shortage of doctors are still here (that's a different story)....but truth is IF you are doing good in your home country then there is no need to immigrate to Canada at least in 21st Century (for Indians i can say that...if you are doing good)...but no one will accept this truth but they will acknowledge once they will land....Canada has less bus stops as there are hardly people so according to demand there will be bus stops :). Stop India bashing...All the best for your future....I pray that you do good if you have already landed there...if not then all the best to face the reality...

david1697

Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ht711, I don't think rahoul was "India bashing" :)

The reality is that India, just as most of the countries of the developing world, is a sorry place to be for 99% of its' own population.
The last time I checked the poverty rate in India was extremely high, with great many people living in terrible conditions.

I myself was born and lived through my teens in one of the 'developing world' countries, and I never cease to criticize things I observed there.
I never feel offended if someone is critical about the part of the world I come from.
After all, if it was such a nice place to be, why so many of us would uproot ourselves from countries of our birth and travel thousands of miles away, living in self imposed exile across the Ocean, struggling against enormous odds and experiencing hardships only we know about?

Rest assured, most of us who engage in critical thinking and express certain thoughts about developing world don't do it out of malice or desire to offend anyone. :)

rahulk9

Star Member
Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ht711 said:
Comeon Rahul. Well in India, not everybody is going to get a chance to become doctor because pvt colleges charge so muchhhhhh fees that everybody can't even think of and Govt. colleges which are the best e.g. AIIMS, PGI those who are passing from there, these docs are doing very good in India or going to US of A and not Canada. People (Indians) who are doing their studies from Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, they are not getting jobs in India as a doctor (it's worthless to study from these countries and expect that you will get a chance in India) not all are planning to come to Canada. No doctor who is working in AIIMS or other good hospitals, they are not leaving India. No Software engineer or Networking Engineer who is working for Microscoft, Yahoo, Google, Infosys, HCL, or TCS, they are not leaving India (Maximum not leaving). Yea doctors are driving taxis in Canada, it is because Canada is not ready to take them in the system right away or even after 1 year or 2 years even those doctors who have passed all the required exams in Canada, they are not getting Residency for their practice, waiting line is too big.... (you can find the reality about it on youtube, video's are available) and it is not only with Indian doctors but with everybody who are landing there from different part of this world, what to do people came there after selling their properties or resigned from their jobs or they were not getting good jobs in their home countries that's why they came here and ready to do anything as CIC chooses immigrants on point system so everybody has same level even if you study from A college or B college you are treated at par, according to points i mean. Good and bad is everywhere...we are more than a billion people and shortage of doctors are still here (that's a different story)....but truth is IF you are doing good in your home country then there is no need to immigrate to Canada at least in 21st Century (for Indians i can say that...if you are doing good)...but no one will accept this truth but they will acknowledge once they will land....Canada has less bus stops as there are hardly people so according to demand there will be bus stops :). Stop India bashing...All the best for your future....I pray that you do good if you have already landed there...if not then all the best to face the reality...
You are completely missing the point. Because of having a med school every where, the quality of education has degraded. Those doctors claiming to drive taxi are no good doctors in India as well. If the Canadian system is not hiring them, then they are protecting there people. If they are such good doctors they can always come back to India and start practicing. If you think Software engineers are not leaving this country then you have serious misconceptions. Sunder Pichai, Satya Nadella are just of the lot that we have lost to USA. In fact you hardly hear of any new start up coming from India.

If you ask Indians why they are immigrating then majority will answer for better life. That is the truth. I am an honest person and I don't live in a fantasy land of patriotism. My country is a corrupt nation and there is very less scope of growth. This is a hard fact but anyone living in this country knows what I am talking about.

rahulk9

Star Member
Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
david1697 said:
ht711, I don't think rahoul was "India bashing" :)

The reality is that India, just as most of the countries of the developing world, is a sorry place to be for 99% of its' own population.
The last time I checked the poverty rate in India was extremely high, with great many people living in terrible conditions.

I myself was born and lived through my teens in one of the 'developing world' countries, and I never cease to criticize things I observed there.
I never feel offended if someone is critical about the part of the world I come from.
After all, if it was such a nice place to be, why so many of us would uproot ourselves from countries of our birth and travel thousands of miles away, living in self imposed exile across the Ocean, struggling against enormous odds and experiencing hardships only we know about?

Rest assured, most of us who engage in critical thinking and express certain thoughts about developing world don't do it out of malice or desire to offend anyone. :)

You are absolutely correct. Nobody wants to leave there own country. It is a decision that includes lot of sacrifices. But if our own nation has no respect for its people, then many have to take a decision. Being patriotic and brushing things under the carpet is no solution. Truth hurts but we have to deal with reality.
You are absolutely correct. Nobody wants to leave there own country. It is a decision that includes lot of sacrifices. But if our own nation has no respect for its people, then many have to take a decision. Being patriotic and brushing things under the carpet is no solution. Truth hurts but we have to deal with reality.

ht711

Dec 6, 2014
@ David, India is not sorry place for 99% people...Comeon. I don't know who tell you all these stories. Dont read news paper to talk about India. Come to India and experience. We just got independence 67 years ago, things will take time to improve. Time has changed, India is not like, like it was 30 years ago. Facebook, Google, you name the brand, they come to India for campus interview and hire students for their companies. But as a citizen, i would say it will take time to improve and i am sure India will improve, cuz it's improving. When i landed in Canada i had a picture that once i will get out of airport there will be wow feeling but no it's like India not because too many Indians there but cars, climate (india is not that cold), buildings, i mean you name it India has everything, Malls, etc. Corruption is everywhere, some has more and some has less. Corruption has decreased and it will improve, older generation retiring, new ideas are coming up but we have too many people in India so who get chance to go out they go out for betterment but i hate who leave India but saying India is bad, India has corruption. Why you are saying bad for India, go and do your bit in Canada stop calling India bad/corruption, it is because one has got the visa. If Canada change its laws in a way that only those people allowed who has job offers from Canadian employers then half of them has to stay in India lol, those who say all this they forget that you will remain Indian no matter where you will go cuz you will remain kids of your parents who are Indians one would not forget that, you have brothers and sisters who are Indians, we will always sound Indian, our name will sound Indian, Canadians (most of em) look at you (racism i am talking about).

Canada need truck drivers, they need helpers, they need cleaners, they pay $ for that. Sorry if i have said something wrong...but 99% of Indians are not doing bad in India seriously.

Canada want immigrants to come (keeping lawyers alive with our applications), buy a house (keep the housing market alive), open a Bank account (keeping the Banking Industry alive) and spend money (keeping everyone else alive) cuz Immigration has become industry and if CIC is not lying and everyear 250000 immigrants immigrating then they are bringing billions i guess in total which they are spending....

Toronto has so many international students that even getting a survival job is challenge if not impossible, they are ready to work on less than provincial minimum salary.. East coast is empty of jobs, Vancouver no jobs only left Alberta, Sask and MB and has survival jobs to start with.

Charollate is right that Canada is not that Canada of 1985 or 2002.

@ Rahul Here those doctors are driving cabs who have passed the provincial exams everything is fine but not getting Residency because of Canadian system and that is making them doing all this, FAKE Institution guys are not working as docs (There are no Fake institutes who give MBBS training hahahahahaha) and not even getting immigration to Canada. Nadella left for US on Student visa (Money well spent) and did his masters there and then MBA and then got a job there. US is land of opportunities as USA don't call people like that, if you have job offer in your field, then only US Govt give you visa and not like that open the door and struggle with nowhere to go...so Charollate is right ready to go 5 years back...But no-one will understand this part, one will understand when he/she will land and experience. It's like when doctor says leave alcohol then the alcoholic won't leave but he will leave alcohol when he got Cirrhosis. I would say if one is doing good then dont come to Canada...Australia is much better than Canada i would say but i have only heard of it....Yea you can buy a BMW/Mercedes/Toyoto SUVs easily even if you are working in Walmart 11$ an hour in Canada that you cant' in India unless you are super rich but you can buy a car that's for sure. Yea you can spend quality of time in India with your family if you are doing average or above that in India than in Canada (talking about immigrants)..Yea those who land there and dont get a chance to become physiotherapist/docs or get a good job but they call their home countries tell their relatives a lie that yea they become doctors or physios, no one will tell that they are working in Walmart or driving taxis so in their relatives eyes they remain a lie, but You enjoy Canada...Pas de probleme....bonne chance. I am sorry if i said something bad..

Read comments...under the post, here is the link...add www
canadianimmigrant.ca/community/why-some-immigrants-want-to-leave-canada

rahulk9

Star Member
Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ht711 said:
@ Rahul Here those doctors are driving cabs who have passed the provincial exams everything is fine but not getting Residency because of Canadian system and that is making them doing all this, FAKE Institution guys are not working as docs (There are no Fake institutes who give MBBS training hahahahahaha) and not even getting immigration to Canada. Nadella left for US on Student visa (Money well spent) and did his masters there and then MBA and then got a job there. US is land of opportunities as USA don't call people like that, if you have job offer in your field, then only US Govt give you visa and not like that open the door and struggle with nowhere to go...so Charollate is right ready to go 5 years back...But no-one will understand this part, one will understand when he/she will land and experience. It's like when doctor says leave alcohol then the alcoholic won't leave but he will leave alcohol when he got Cirrhosis. I would say if one is doing good then dont come to Canada...Australia is much better than Canada i would say but i have only heard of it....Yea you can buy a BMW/Mercedes/Toyoto SUVs easily even if you are working in Walmart 11$ an hour in Canada that you cant' in India unless you are super rich but you can buy a car that's for sure. Yea you can spend quality of time in India with your family if you are doing average or above that in India than in Canada (talking about immigrants)..Yea those who land there and dont get a chance to become physiotherapist/docs or get a good job but they call their home countries tell their relatives a lie that yea they become doctors or physios, no one will tell that they are working in Walmart or driving taxis so in their relatives eyes they remain a lie, but You enjoy Canada...Pas de probleme....bonne chance. I am sorry if i said something bad..

Read comments...under the post, here is the link...add www
canadianimmigrant.ca/community/why-some-immigrants-want-to-leave-canada
If you will move towards smaller towns in India then you will understand what I mean about FAKE institutes. Just check a recent news about people in Punjab lost there vision thanks to some doctors from such institutions. I don't feel sorry for these immigrants. If you build a dream or life on the base of a lie and misconceptions then your are destined to be doomed. Though I feel bad for there spouses and children who get caught up in fictitious dreams of their partners.
Canada never promised anyone anything. You apply for immigration on your sole discretion. No one is forcing you to come to Canada. The misconception people have is that if our credentials are not landing us good jobs in our home country, then we should move some where else. It is a wrong notion to have and one should self assess what he is getting into and what are the possibilities of success.

I have read all the post of the OP. She is no doubt a wonderful person but as no one is perfect, she also have some shortcomings. She is a soft person and loves being around positive things. But that only paints one side of the picture of her, and when she come across the other side then she faces all the problems.
Maintain the right balance in life of positive and negative.

ht711

Dec 6, 2014
All the best Rahul. Seriously man...i wish all the best for you and pray that you get what you dreamt of. Trust yourself, stay away from people who give negative thoughts and all the best buddy. India will always welcome you no matter where you are. All the best