+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Experience -- Please do not come to Quebec.. 95% jobs need fluent french.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
YOU SEE, THIS POST WAS NOT INTENDED FOR YOU.. AS FOR MY PARENTS, THEY TAUGHT ME THE RIGHT MANNERS AND I AM THANKFUL FOR THAT. BUT THEN IF YOUR PARENTS TAUGHT YOU THAT TYPING UPPERCASE LETTERS IS CONSIDERED 'YELLING' I AM INTERESTED TO KNOW WHAT OTHER KEYBOARD MANNERS THEY TAUGHT YOU.
https://newrepublic.com/article/117390/netiquette-capitalization-how-caps-became-code-yelling
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/07/23/us/all-caps-typography-history-tweets-trnd/index.html
A simple search would of sufficed

Reactions: Immstu

Soroush_sab

Nov 6, 2018
iran
Experience to move from quebec to Vancouver, is any body have experience to do that?
Is there any governmental support like Quebec?
Appreciated if any one advise
Thanks

Patience17

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
Hello,

I have recently applied for membership with CPA Quebec and despite having studied French from age 5 till age 18 - full time education (13years), they are still saying I do not qualify as I don't have 3years full time education in French.

Anyone came across similar situation? Any suggestion how to qualify for the 3years full time education in French?

Thank you.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hello,

I have recently applied for membership with CPA Quebec and despite having studied French from age 5 till age 18 - full time education (13years), they are still saying I do not qualify as I don't have 3years full time education in French.

Anyone came across similar situation? Any suggestion how to qualify for the 3years full time education in French?

Thank you.
You might not have studied in Quebec or Canada.

You can sit for a standardized test to prove your French ability. I guess that might be considered as equivalent proof

Patience17

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
You might not have studied in Quebec or Canada.

You can sit for a standardized test to prove your French ability. I guess that might be considered as equivalent proof
Yes indeed I did not study in Canada. Unfortunately they did not accept the TEF test I did neither :( !!

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
Yes indeed I did not study in Canada. Unfortunately they did not accept the TEF test I did neither :( !!
Québec do not accept most foreign education professional degrees ( IT is an exception) and other provinces Canada too to a lesser extent, though not rabid like Québec.

You will have to jump thru hoops to get your credentials recognized or take supplementary courses. Sorry you are in this situation. When Canada tells they need skilled immigrants, take it with a pinch of salt. There are professional guilds in Canada who do not want foreigners to take their jobs. So they make it very hard for a foreigner to practice their profession in Canada. Eg: Nurses, Doctors, Non Computer Science Engineers. I agree with them in part because some schools in certain countries are not that great when it comes to professional education.

Addendum:

If you have been watching Canadian news, for example the shortage of doctors & nurses in Nova Scotia and hospitals shutting down. Huge delays in getting healthcare in Nova Scotia because of this.

A surgeon who had his degree from a foreign country says he is not allowed to practice in Nova Scotia because Canada do not accept his degrees !

Oh by the way, Quebec is the most openly racist province in Canada. Far right nationalist groups and a CAQ government which plays identity politics reigns freely in Québec. Immigrants in Quebec are treated like second class citizens.

Last edited:
Reactions: Immstu

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes
Pls advice can we survive without French in Montreal

Yes there are English sections in and around Montreal and most people are bilingual in a Western Quebec. The issue is getting a job if you are not bilingual. If you are in IT it’s not such a big deal but it is in most other industries. Your children will also have to go to French school if you are a PR.

sabbirmsayem

May 17, 2019
Yes

Yes there are English sections in and around Montreal and most people are bilingual in a Western Quebec. The issue is getting a job if you are not bilingual. If you are in IT it’s not such a big deal but it is in most other industries. Your children will also have to go to French school if you are a PR.

Y I got the PR visa but don’t know French and I was accountant, what u think can I get a job to run my 4 members family.