+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Experience -- Please do not come to Quebec.. 95% jobs need fluent french.

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
I am currently in Quebec.

For all those who are trying to migrate to Quebec , a word of caution. Here the job market is only favorable for bilinguals that is fluent French & English speaking candidates. English only jobs are not there unless its a blue collar one. I got thru LMIA as a software developer job offer.

My wife is searching for jobs (accounting) and from her experience I am telling that unless you are a software engg. (which do not require french at all) , it will be very difficult to impossible finding a job in Quebec. You will have better chances in other provinces.

Mchd12

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
Barquisimeto, Venezuela
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cherti said:
I am currently in Quebec.

For all those who are trying to migrate to Quebec , a word of caution. Here the job market is only favorable for bilinguals that is fluent French & English speaking candidates. English only jobs are not there unless its a blue collar one. I got thru LMIA as a software developer job offer.

My wife is searching for jobs (accounting) and from her experience I am telling that unless you are a software engg. (which do not require french at all) , it will be very difficult to impossible finding a job in Quebec. You will have better chances in other provinces.
I hope your doing ok cherti.

Frankly, I find it unpolite (to say the least) to tell people NOT to do what have been their dreams for possibly close to a decade, just because YOU are not fluent in French. Maybe you should have thought a bit more about it befrore...you know, going to a French-speaking region?

advices here are always welcome, you're message? not so much.

Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: elchar

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
Mchd12 said:

Frankly, I find it unpolite (to say the least) to tell people NOT to do what have been their dreams for possibly close to a decade, just because YOU are not fluent in French. Maybe you should have thought a bit more about it befrore...you know, going to a French-speaking region?

Good luck to everyone!
I think I was not clear in my post. I am doing great in Montreal because I came to Quebec in an LMIA based senior software engineer job. What I was telling is about people who have "no fluency in french & not in software jobs" finding it difficult to find jobs. Since Quebec skilled worker program allows people without French skills to immigrate, I was just giving a heads up and the Quebec job market reality. I have always believed that if you want to achieve something you should wake up and not dream about it. Just getting a B2 level in French is not enough for jobs which need interaction with native French speakers.

I will leave it to the individual readers to take this as an advice or an impolite message.

Reactions: Sanjar718

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW

Good luck to everyone!
If you are still there, FYI , the dreams of people who have been waiting for many years for a CSQ has been shattered by the new CAQ government cancelling 18,000 applications. So my advice has more importance than ever before. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to understand that Quebec is a racist anti immigrant xenophonic province if you have been following the news from Quebec lately. What even worse is they have cut down the immigration levels at Federal level by 20%, so expect more wait times and backlog even if you managed to get a CSQ. The current wait time at Federal level is 20 months and is expected to go higher to 2 years !

So my advice is good and has far more importance than ever before with the current situation of Quebec immigration. I leave this here for anyone " to not have their dreams shattered " Do yourself a favor and keep Quebec as the last choice for your immigration if nothing works out.

Reactions: Immstu

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
If you are still there, FYI , the dreams of people who have been waiting for many years for a CSQ has been shattered by the new CAQ government cancelling 18,000 applications. So my advice has more importance than ever before. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to understand that Quebec is a racist anti immigrant xenophonic province if you have been following the news from Quebec lately. What even worse is they have cut down the immigration levels at Federal level by 20%, so expect more wait times and backlog even if you managed to get a CSQ. The current wait time at Federal level is 20 months and is expected to go higher to 2 years !

So my advice is good and has far more importance than ever before with the current situation of Quebec immigration. I leave this here for anyone " to not have their dreams shattered " Do yourself a favor and keep Quebec as the last choice for your immigration if nothing works out.
Couldn't agree more. Current government will completely destroy Quebec socially and economically

Henry C.

Mar 22, 2019

Totally agree with you!!

Maxsharma12

Jun 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

i wholeheartedly agree ......

ash1969

Apr 26, 2017

Totally agree with you

atish

Star Member
Jan 13, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Pretoria
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
3-11-2015
AOR Received.
03-02-2016
Med's Request
12-07-2018

Hi. Are you currently in Quebec? and why you say it's racist?

hsp_panesar

Sep 15, 2018
INDIA
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
16-08-2016
Please don't misguide others. There will be the case.
But many of friends are already in quebec and earn greatly with no french skills.

Even sometime they told me that, we asked the customer to speak in english.
Rather than you need to communicate in french... :D

Cheers.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Please don't misguide others. There will be the case.
But many of friends are already in quebec and earn greatly with no french skills.

Even sometime they told me that, we asked the customer to speak in english.
Rather than you need to communicate in french... :D

Cheers.
Obviously you haven't read his posts in entirety. He has given valuable inputs and judging him as someone misguiding is wrong.

Most of the people here agree with his views. You have right to disagree but not to judge.

Cheers

hsp_panesar

Sep 15, 2018
INDIA
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
16-08-2016
Obviously you haven't read his posts in entirety. He has given valuable inputs and judging him as someone misguiding is wrong.

Most of the people here agree with his views. You have right to disagree but not to judge.

Cheers
If you read mine post entirely. I said that "There will be the case."
That means somehow i agree with him.

Everyone have their own prospective. So, i just shared what i am getting from my sources.
Judging people is something different mate. It's all about the misguidance.

Cheers Again!

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
Hi. Are you currently in Quebec? and why you say it's racist?
You are from Mauritius, so you know French. But you are not pure lain. You will understand the kind of racism once you start applying for jobs with a non pure lain name.

As you have asked I have some links for you, but feel free to google "Quebec + Racism" or visit reddit Montreal or reddit Quebec threads.

https://globalnews.ca/tag/quebec-racism

I wish no more continue this thread as there are axe grinders here. Like I said, "To each his own"