+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My experience landing at Queenston-Lewiston Bridge.

juarezse

Star Member
Aug 27, 2015
Hello there. I just wanted to share my experience landing at the Queenston-Lewiston Bridge in Niagara.
First I want to thank everybody here for being so helpful with all the immigration questions I have had.
Now to the story.
I dropped off my Fiancee, daughter, and sister in law at the Niagara outlets while I drove to the US to do my landing. I told them to be prepared to wait for me as the waiting times can change drastically.
I arrived at the US and I handed in my passport. I was asked what my nationality was and the purpose of my trip. I specifically told the US Customs agent I needed to turn back to do my landing at Canada. He understood very well and he just told me to go park and wait in the car for another agent to deliver my administrative refusal.
I drove back to Canada and I waited in traffic for 10 minutes as all the booths were busy. When it was finally my turn I told the CBSA officer why I was here and he told me where the Immigration Office was and told me to head there.
I parked my car and walked in to the building and was called immediately to the counter as it was not busy. Handed the officer my passport and letter of refusal and he told me to wait.
I waited for about half an hour until I got called back. I was just asked if I had ever been convicted and if I had any dependents coming in with me. I said no as my dependent was born in Canada.
I waited for like 2 more minutes and I was told the famous words "Congratulations, you are a permanent resident now". The officer signed my COPR letters and told me that is what I hand in at Canada Service to get my new SIN.
Overall, it was about a 1 hour long process. I was expecting it to be longer and to be interrogated and I came very prepared.

Anyway, thanks again to all of you.

Good luck to you.

cmoncanada

Mar 22, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.