Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 March 2013
LANDED..........
18 Jan 2014
Hi Guys,

I have written my post on How's life in Canada. I'm here on student visa. Read it here : http://shrutispointofview.blogspot.ca/2012/05/hows-life-in-canada-my-life-in-canada.html and share with me your comments, your success and failures and if you need any query, write me down. I'll surely try to help

Keep me posted!!

Shruti

avi_15

Jul 18, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with the App
AOR Received.
16-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
16-Dec-2010
Med's Request
25-July-2011 reached 02-Aug-2011
Med's Done....
30-Aug-2011 reached 8-Sep-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-Nov-2011 reached 7-Nov-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-Nov-2011 reached 25-Nov-2011
LANDED..........
03-Feb-2012
Good one shruti...i can appreciate ur direct words and attitude..
i have seen people here (read reatives) telling you that you have to do menial jobs to survive and stuff..
i got a job offer before coming to canada and hence escaped this torture but i still remember the looks i got from people on learning that i wasnt in a survival job....some still werent ready to accept that i had a decent job...this is the weakness of our community here.. people want to drag u down..

avi

s.gupta1487

Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 March 2013
LANDED..........
18 Jan 2014
Thanks Avi for your reviews. I just wanted to convey people that if they wish to come to Canada, then they should be strong and optimistic and should never think that their relatives will help them. Attitude of our community in Canada towards their relatives and friends are not really nice and considerable.

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
In other word, may be you becoming bourdon on them that why they telling you to do survival job ! What's wrong if they ask you to do so , don't do if you don't want .

But one should not look negatively .

If you got talent + right skills with enough money to support yourself till you get your so called good job then that fine else is 100 time better to do survival job (after all that is also work and better then clerical work in India ) instead of sitting on relatives/friend head .

Be positive , try to understand what behind the scence .

s.gupta1487

Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 March 2013
LANDED..........
18 Jan 2014
Hello Aquib,

Thanks for your point of view. Firstly, I'm not being negative in my post. I'm sharing my point of view, how Canada treated me. I was never burden on my relatives. I had sufficient savings and was also paying rent around $700 to them each month. The point is that they never encouraged us. Everyone was sort of astonished when they realized my husband has got a good job. All I'm saying is if one needs to come to Canada, then one should be independent and optimistic. They should not feel as if they are being harrased by others. One leaves their home country and family, and comes to other country, especially for good living, isn't it..then it is very important that one's attitude and motivation should not be hurt by forcing him to do poor jobs.

I'm not saying anything about others, this post is about my experience in Canada!!

Regards,
Shruti

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
s.gupta1487 said:
Hi Guys,
I have written my post on How's life in Canada. I'm here on student visa. Read it here : http://shrutispointofview.blogspot.ca/ and share with me your comments, your success and failures and if you need any query, write me down. I'll surely try to help
Keep me posted!!
Shruti
Nice to read that your efforts brought good result. Canada do have good opportunities but to grab these opportunities landed immigrants have to come up with a planned approach. Knowing the requirement of getting a job should be done at the stage of immigration process and not after landing. These days virtually every info is available on net. New Immigrants need exceptional preparation to compete with the Canadians, so they would have to raise their skills. Finding fault in Canadian system would not be of much use, finding ways to raise the skill would serve better.

Why it is difficult to compete with Canadians ?
I work for a Canadian bank and one of my job is to profile the clients and on profiling I found that :-
1. Most of the Canadians start working at early age 16-17-18 as soon as they reach legal working age limit of the province. First job they do is during summer vacation is mostly in recreational parks.
2. 2nd year break they work in food chains ( food basics, freshco etc)etc.
3. 3rd year during break Tim Hortons, restaurants , Mc D, and some upper level food chains / franchises.( walmart, sobeys etc)
4. 4th year - office work or campus placement and so on .............5,6,7....

So, the Directors, managers, hiring managers etc all go through this phase before they start with the profession they are in after completing their college and by that time they have already worked for many many years at different positions. Keeping this in their mind they disregard a resume of new immigrant. So most of the new immigrants have to start from a scratch and for that some of us do not have patence as we want to take up the same position which we had back home. Getting a lower level of job and they moving up is a better idea than getting frustrated, cursing, writing big blogs and then leaving Canada.

I do not accept with the view that there is no life for immigrant landing after they reached the age of 30 yrs. Experience of any sort ( back home experience) matters after one gets first job in Canada , the problem is in regard to first break only. The good position left back home can be reached again also. The age of 30-40-50 do not matter, all that matters is WILL to succeed. I am over 40 now and find that I am still good to compete with any age. So guys over the age of 30, do not get dishartened, we still have long way to go, so keep rocking, Canada belongs to you also.

harry_aussie

Jun 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/05/2011
AOR Received.
25/07/2011
File Transfer...
15/08/2011
Med's Request
15/12/2011
Med's Done....
19/12/2011
Interview........
WAIVED !!!!!/ Casual interview with visa officer on 5/3/2012
Passport Req..
21/2/2012, submitted on 27/2/2012
VISA ISSUED...
1/3/2012, valid till 20/12/2012, collected on 5/3/2012
LANDED..........
Landed,16 September 2012
I like your post, specially your views about relatives and young immigrants.

One thing you still need to learn and respect is your terming of "Survival jobs" as shitty jobs. I strongly recommend you to amend your post and show some respect.

Regards
Harry

s.gupta1487

Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 March 2013
LANDED..........
18 Jan 2014
Thanks explorer101 and harry_aussie,

@explorer101 : you might be right but I have contacted many people who were between 35-45 years of age and they all have returned to their home country after spending all the savings they brought. They do leave their children over here so that they could attain good knowledge from school and university and their Children are well settled here now. You are right that Canada is land of opportunity but you cannot refuse that more opportunities are for those who are young.

@harry_aussie: I have corrected that. Thanks for your review!!

harry_aussie

Jun 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/05/2011
AOR Received.
25/07/2011
File Transfer...
15/08/2011
Med's Request
15/12/2011
Med's Done....
19/12/2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Landed,16 September 2012
Thanks Shruti, yes immigrants in the age group you have mentioned mostly come to settle their children.

I can understand your relatives point of view as i am an Indian as well and very well know the mentality of people from our culture. I have been through all this as a student in Australia and my wife is still going through this being a student in Canada.

s.gupta1487

Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 March 2013
LANDED..........
18 Jan 2014
Yes Harry,

That's so true. I'm lucky that my husband is with me and I was always having him in support in such difficult time. I wish good luck to your wife too!!

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
s.gupta1487 said:
@ explorer101 : you might be right but I have contacted many people who were between 35-45 years of age and they all have returned to their home country after spending all the savings they brought.
"To be a winner stay in the que of winners, dont see the ones who have left the que".
I know Directors, Senior Managers, General Managers and so many Financial Advisors in the bank I work, all landed in 30-40's and and they started from the lower positions and have reached to this level. Young and mighty can get side tracked easily anytime but the people in the age group of 30-40 and more ard more focused and their chance to succeed in Canada is also extremely bright.

s.gupta1487

Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 March 2013
LANDED..........
18 Jan 2014
Thanks explorer101, I guess your view is also very beneficial. I shall incorporate that in my other blog too. After reading your views, I am really feeling to write one from your perspective too.

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
Not only do I love your post and those contributors, I felt so good reading this type of debate. I've read many blogs about Canada +ves and -ves but the the fact is we have same goal - i.e to make Canada our dreamland!

Some behaviours are absord to us bcos of our background and I noticed that these attitude is from us from Africa and Asians + middle east.

I've read the good,bad and ugly. The most important thing as even emphasised by Steve Jobs, is to leave your life. Be determine to succeed just as Explorer said. If there's will there's a way.

Age at times does not determine success. I read about successful pple in USA 60% of them started at 50+. Its never too late to land or succeed. Age is nothing but figure and it also depends on you. You ability and determination will put you at the age you belong!

My fellow friends, pls continue this debate as am really enjoying it !
Gupta 1487, weldone for your effort! Keep it up. And may your God continue to bless you as you keep your promise with Him. I love your maturity in writing. Your swift way of accepting ur error is wonderful.

To all, I say weldone.

harry_aussie

Jun 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/05/2011
AOR Received.
25/07/2011
File Transfer...
15/08/2011
Med's Request
15/12/2011
Med's Done....
19/12/2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Landed,16 September 2012
I second you Right, this sort of discussion is healty and interesting.

I wonder thousands have come on this forum to seek help and not even a fraction of those come back to share their positive experience. To pay back the help sought and to make others experience pleasant, people should come back and share about their successful immigration .

s.gupta1487

Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 March 2013
LANDED..........
18 Jan 2014
Thanks Right for your review. It is crucial for people to realize the ground realities of life. It is very important to understand that in order to succeed, one needs to know the true attributes of the same.