+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My experience getting TRV approved for my Fiance

Sarab26

Star Member
Apr 28, 2018
Was there couple name and wedding date everything on it?
And one more thing, we are thinking if we should show the return tickets for both of us? We are planning to show same that he is just visiting for pre wedding shopping and we will both be gng back to india for wedding. Does showing return tickets for both together makes the case stronger?

Visalakshi

Oct 24, 2017
And one more thing, we are thinking if we should show the return tickets for both of us? We are planning to show same that he is just visiting for pre wedding shopping and we will both be gng back to india for wedding. Does showing return tickets for both together makes the case stronger?
I think that should make the case stronger as you are demonstrating that visitor will definitely return.

Visalakshi

Oct 24, 2017
How did u submit ur chat logs? With names or phone number on it? We will be submitting watts app chat.
We did not submit any chat messages however you can if you wish. Also check if you can submit your engagement photos which will make the case stronger.

sg33

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
How did u submit ur chat logs? With names or phone number on it? We will be submitting watts app chat.
You can submit chat logs with some conversation for each week to show regular communication. You can put the chat with just names and capture the screenshot with name and number separately.

amlinumaaldao

Dec 10, 2014
Hey guys, thought this post may help some of you so i would just like to share my journey to getting my TRV approved for my Fiance. Feel free to ask me any questions you may have.

My background:
- Indian Citizen.
- PR in Canada.
- Work as an IT consultant (IT Contractor).

My Fiance's Background
- Indian Citizen.
- Working in UK on deputation (Visa valid till 13 March, 2016).

We did a lot of research and put in a lot of effort and time to review and make sure that we give as much information as we can, i am just summarizing the documents we submitted below:
1) Invitation Letter from me (Indication when and where we are getting marriage and explaining the background in detail)
2) Cover Letter from her (confirming the reason for the application).
3) Bank Statement for me (Since i was the one sponsoring her trip).
4) Bank Statement from her Indian and UK accounts (Proof of funds with her).
5) My Business Incorporation documents (to prove i work).
6) My Business's bank account (proof of funds).
7) Her Passport.
8) My Passport photo copies.
9) Her UK visa.
10) MY PR card copy.
11) Her deputation letter and company's letter indicating there is no reason she won't come back for work after her trip.
12) Her boss's approval (indicating that she will return.)
13) Ticket booked from Jan 17- Jan 31st, 2016 for her visit to Canada (refundable in case she doesn't get the Visa)
14) Medical insurance for her trip here(a must).
15) Our marriage Venue booking (to prove that we are getting married in India).
16) Application form, checklist, family information forms.
17) Her and my parent's passport copies (since she didn't have property in India).
18) Her IT returns for last 3 years (proof that she is not doing tax evasion of any sort).
19) Her paystubs for past 6 months (to show steady salary income).
20) Her Rental Lease in UK (proof of residence in UK)
21) My rental lease in Canada (since she will live with me during my visit).
22) Our trip to India in November for a pre wedding ceremony (to prove she is my Fiance).
23) Photos with families for the ceremony (proof that we are getting married).
24) Snippets of our whatsapp chat and call history.

Other information:
1) She submitted the application in person and not online, because we wanted to submit all the supporting documents as well and i believe no one wants to open all the PDFs to look at on a computer. With in person application it is very easy to just look and confirm that all the documents are there (doubt they read all the documents though) plus the VFS officer will let you know in case you miss anything.
2) I didn't want to lie on the application to avoid problems down the line when her PR application is in progress.
3) Processing time was 1 day.
4) Her visa is multiple entry valid till 2020 (her passport expires in 2020).
5) Your Visa office may say that they don't need that many documents but we had to insist and they took it.
Hi SG33 ,
I was reading your replies on here and i want to thank you for your valuable feedback and sharing your experience.I am planning to apply TRV for my fiancé who is currently working as a full time employee in India.Can you please send me sample documents if you can :
1) Leave letter from employer (indiacating that she will return to work)
2) Any other company documents you've submitted from her employer.
3) Marriage Venue booking document ( what did you write in this document )

I will really appreciate if you can share these documents.

Sarab26

Star Member
Apr 28, 2018
Hi, my fiance is in India and is studying. I have my canada p r file in process. We were almost ready to apply for his visitor visa. But some agent said that the chances are less coz i m not p r yet (in process). He says how can i take his responsibility if i m not p r. We have mentioned in letter that we want to do some shopping fornthe wedding and will go back to india for the wedding. Along with papers from my job and other documents he will be providing:
1.His property papers
2. His father’s property papers
3. Bank balance
4. Enrolment letter from his school
We have mentioned that he is still in school and will finish lastvyear of studies after mariage while his p r will be in process
5. We r getting married in india so invitation card and venue receipt
6. Return tickets to india for both of us
7. Itinerary
8. Hotel booking in vancouver wen he arrives
I have mentioed in invitation letter that my p r is in process and we will be applying for spousal sponsorship after our wedding in india.
What u think guys, should we apply now or wait for my p r?

sg33

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Hi, my fiance is in India and is studying. I have my canada p r file in process. We were almost ready to apply for his visitor visa. But some agent said that the chances are less coz i m not p r yet (in process). He says how can i take his responsibility if i m not p r. We have mentioned in letter that we want to do some shopping fornthe wedding and will go back to india for the wedding. Along with papers from my job and other documents he will be providing:
1.His property papers
2. His father’s property papers
3. Bank balance
4. Enrolment letter from his school
We have mentioned that he is still in school and will finish lastvyear of studies after mariage while his p r will be in process
5. We r getting married in india so invitation card and venue receipt
6. Return tickets to india for both of us
7. Itinerary
8. Hotel booking in vancouver wen he arrives
I have mentioed in invitation letter that my p r is in process and we will be applying for spousal sponsorship after our wedding in india.
What u think guys, should we apply now or wait for my p r?
There is always a risk applying for the Visitor Visa. But i have seen in most of the cases if you apply with the proper documentation the application is generally approved.

Apart from the documents you mentioned, i will suggest you put some supporting documents of yours like : Your rental agreement, your bank statements, your undertaking that you will be responsible for any shortfall in his finances etc.

For your fiance, try and see if you can get the university send a document indicating that he is currently enrolled in the university. If not, you can put the admission documents as proof of his enrollment.

Rule of thumb is that anything you are writing in your invitation letter should be accompanied by a proof. If you mentioned your fiance is a student then you should put a proof.

The checklist mentioned in the thread has some other documents as well that if you can arrange will strengthen your application.

Sarab26

Star Member
Apr 28, 2018
There is always a risk applying for the Visitor Visa. But i have seen in most of the cases if you apply with the proper documentation the application is generally approved.

Apart from the documents you mentioned, i will suggest you put some supporting documents of yours like : Your rental agreement, your bank statements, your undertaking that you will be responsible for any shortfall in his finances etc.

For your fiance, try and see if you can get the university send a document indicating that he is currently enrolled in the university. If not, you can put the admission documents as proof of his enrollment.

Rule of thumb is that anything you are writing in your invitation letter should be accompanied by a proof. If you mentioned your fiance is a student then you should put a proof.

The checklist mentioned in the thread has some other documents as well that if you can arrange will strengthen your application.
Thank you so much for the reply. I will add up documents from my side like rental agreement, prrof of funds, tax slips, job letter, pay stubs etc. and we have lots of property on his name. We will be providing his proof of univ. so we were all set to apply just confused about my staus as my p r is in process. So u think i can still invite him? I dnt have be permanent resident to invite my fiance. The immigration agent kind of scared us. I didn’t even want to go to any agent but my fiance did.

sg33

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Thank you so much for the reply. I will add up documents from my side like rental agreement, prrof of funds, tax slips, job letter, pay stubs etc. and we have lots of property on his name. We will be providing his proof of univ. so we were all set to apply just confused about my staus as my p r is in process. So u think i can still invite him? I dnt have be permanent resident to invite my fiance. The immigration agent kind of scared us. I didn’t even want to go to any agent but my fiance did.
I think you can still apply. There is always a chance for a rejection even if you have a PR. As long as the officer can identify that your fiance doesn't intend to overstay (because of his ties to India, studies etc.), they shouldn't have a problem giving a visa.

Another document (not sure if mentioned before) that is important is a health insurance to show you are covered in case your fiance gets sick while in Canada. You can get them from travel sites (who give it for pretty cheap for a 2-3 week period)

Sarab26

Star Member
Apr 28, 2018
I think you can still apply. There is always a chance for a rejection even if you have a PR. As long as the officer can identify that your fiance doesn't intend to overstay (because of his ties to India, studies etc.), they shouldn't have a problem giving a visa.

Another document (not sure if mentioned before) that is important is a health insurance to show you are covered in case your fiance gets sick while in Canada. You can get them from travel sites (who give it for pretty cheap for a 2-3 week period)
Yes we will buy an insurance for him. But i could not find refundable tickets for him. Any suggestions??

upendrakumars

Dec 11, 2018
Hey guys, thought this post may help some of you so i would just like to share my journey to getting my TRV approved for my Fiance. Feel free to ask me any questions you may have.

My background:
- Indian Citizen.
- PR in Canada.
- Work as an IT consultant (IT Contractor).

My Fiance's Background
- Indian Citizen.
- Working in UK on deputation (Visa valid till 13 March, 2016).

We did a lot of research and put in a lot of effort and time to review and make sure that we give as much information as we can, i am just summarizing the documents we submitted below:
1) Invitation Letter from me (Indication when and where we are getting marriage and explaining the background in detail)
2) Cover Letter from her (confirming the reason for the application).
3) Bank Statement for me (Since i was the one sponsoring her trip).
4) Bank Statement from her Indian and UK accounts (Proof of funds with her).
5) My Business Incorporation documents (to prove i work).
6) My Business's bank account (proof of funds).
7) Her Passport.
8) My Passport photo copies.
9) Her UK visa.
10) MY PR card copy.
11) Her deputation letter and company's letter indicating there is no reason she won't come back for work after her trip.
12) Her boss's approval (indicating that she will return.)
13) Ticket booked from Jan 17- Jan 31st, 2016 for her visit to Canada (refundable in case she doesn't get the Visa)
14) Medical insurance for her trip here(a must).
15) Our marriage Venue booking (to prove that we are getting married in India).
16) Application form, checklist, family information forms.
17) Her and my parent's passport copies (since she didn't have property in India).
18) Her IT returns for last 3 years (proof that she is not doing tax evasion of any sort).
19) Her paystubs for past 6 months (to show steady salary income).
20) Her Rental Lease in UK (proof of residence in UK)
21) My rental lease in Canada (since she will live with me during my visit).
22) Our trip to India in November for a pre wedding ceremony (to prove she is my Fiance).
23) Photos with families for the ceremony (proof that we are getting married).
24) Snippets of our whatsapp chat and call history.

Other information:
1) She submitted the application in person and not online, because we wanted to submit all the supporting documents as well and i believe no one wants to open all the PDFs to look at on a computer. With in person application it is very easy to just look and confirm that all the documents are there (doubt they read all the documents though) plus the VFS officer will let you know in case you miss anything.
2) I didn't want to lie on the application to avoid problems down the line when her PR application is in progress.
3) Processing time was 1 day.
4) Her visa is multiple entry valid till 2020 (her passport expires in 2020).
5) Your Visa office may say that they don't need that many documents but we had to insist and they took it.

Hi SG,
Thank you so much first of all for your valuable advice and post.

Need your help to understand , How can I proceed with re applying for TRV for my Fiance. Below are the details provided while applying the TRV :
1. She have her sister studying in Windsor University so she had invited her mom and my fiance for a trip to canada
2. Purpose of this trip on cover letter by my fiance : Short visit to meet her and spend some time.
3. Her mom was primary applicant as her annual income was not that much to be primary applicant so my fiance was secondary applicant under same file ( as suggested by consultant ).
4. we provided property and assets evaluation by CA owned by mom
5. Bank statement paper of her mom
6. My fiance employment NOC letter ( mentioning leave has been granted) , pay slips , employment letter , income tax return of past 2 yr
7. Mentioned travel ticket will be booked after getting visa

Visa office has granted the visa for her mom but refused her application.

Now , I have below concern :
1. I am PR holder in canada and got engaged to my fiance in Jun 2018.
2. I moved with above approach because of her blood relation contact ( her sister) was already studying.
3. Below are refusal ground sated by Visa Office :
--I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
--I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
--I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
4. Her status in India :
-- Have employment with current mnc since Jun 2018. But have work experience more 3+ yrs
-- Don't have any abroad travel history
-- don't have any investment into home loan, car or properties.

My wedding is planned in Feb 2019 so which will be better approach to reapply for TRV:
1. Re apply with same purpose as did first time but submit her bank statements , booked flight ticket, insurance , 2.5 weeks travel itinerary of canada , hotel stays ( mention she will be roaming Toronto , Montreal) .
2. I invitee her as fiance with the purpose of wedding shopping and know the culture of Canada
3. Apply TRV after marriage then apply PR after her landing in Canada so that she can get work permit and look for job.

Highly appreciate your/others suggestion on this matter !!
- Upendra