+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My experience getting TRV approved for my Fiance

sg33

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
I recently did my soft landing in Canada and I am getting married in the last week of December. I am permanently shifting to Canada in Feb 2018 and then plan to apply for sponsorship. I had a couple of questions.

1) Can I apply for visitors while the sponsorship application is going in the background? I have heard that it usually gets rejected.
2) Let's say she gets the visitors visa and the sponsorship application is going on. Will this affect the sponsorship application?
3) If she gets the sponsorship application and she is still residing in Canada on a visitors visa, does she need to go back to finish any formalities?
1) You should wait till you land in Canada. Meanwhile, start collecting all the documents you need for TRV. Chances of getting TRV is better if you have a job in Canada and can prove you can support her financially.
2) No.
3) This can be done through US also, you don't need a US visa to do this.

Visalakshi

Oct 24, 2017
Hi sg33,
It's good to know that your application got processed successfully :)
Your documents look pretty exhaustive but as you said no harm in providing extra.
I just need some information from your end. I am gonna marry a PR and I am planning to apply for TRV before my marriage as fiance. We are planning to say the purpose of travel as honeymoon and planning to show our invitation card in India for marriage date as well for supporting documents. Does it bring credibility to the application?
Also can you say how did you book refundable tickets? Most of the airlines look costly and has huge penalty for cancellations. Your advice will definitely help us.
Can you also share the sample invitation letter you provided?
Thanks in advance!!

sg33

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Hi sg33,
It's good to know that your application got processed successfully :)
Your documents look pretty exhaustive but as you said no harm in providing extra.
I just need some information from your end. I am gonna marry a PR and I am planning to apply for TRV before my marriage as fiance. We are planning to say the purpose of travel as honeymoon and planning to show our invitation card in India for marriage date as well for supporting documents. Does it bring credibility to the application?
Also can you say how did you book refundable tickets? Most of the airlines look costly and has huge penalty for cancellations. Your advice will definitely help us.
Can you also share the sample invitation letter you provided?
Thanks in advance!!
I will suggest, don't put honeymoon (otherwise the visa officer can reject your application asking to apply after the marriage, put something to the line of "Shopping for the wedding", meet family and friends of your fiance.

I booked tickets from Air Canada, they have one that are very expensive (somewhere around $4000) but with 100% refund if you cancel.

Please add your wedding invitation card and a receipt for venue booking to indicate that you don't plan to marry in Canada.

Also, try to get all your receipts in English otherwise you will have to get them translated later when you apply for the PR.

sg33

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Following is how my invitation letter looked like:

To: The Visa Officer
The Canadian High Commission
United Kingdom
Sub: Invitation Letter – Request for Issuance of Canada - Visitor Visa
Respected Sir/Madam,
I, SPONSOR'S NAME, born on DOB, resident of <Address in Canada>, am a Permanent Resident of Canada. I hereby, would like to verify my purpose to invite my Fiancé Ms. Applicant's Name (born on DOB) to visit me in Canada for a little period of time starting on Jan 17, 2017 and ending on Jan 31, 2017. She will also be carrying medical insurance to cover her during her stay.
I am requesting to consider Ms. Applicant's Name application for a visitor’s visa for the following reasons:
Ms. Applicant's Name is a citizen of India and is currently working in the UK with Employer name on Tier 2 ICT Short Term Staff Migrant Work Permit. She resides in a rental apartment at <Address in current residing country>. On completion of her work assignment she plans to go back to India where she will continue working with ABC Company. We are getting married on Date of Marriage in Location, India(Receipt for Venue booking is attached with the application). Families of both of us live in India and the family members are Indian Citizens.
Both of us went to India in Nov, 2016 to do Roka ceremony (a traditional Indian wedding ritual) with our close relatives and friends. The purpose of her visit is to meet my friends here and see some of the major tourist attractions in Toronto and do some shopping for the marriage. Also, we plan to apply for Applicant's PR via spousal sponsorship after our marriage. We are aware the process may take from 6-8 months and during this period Applicant will work her full time job with NTT data.
During her short stay in Canada, Applicant will live with me in my condo apartment, which I rent from Landlord's name (rental agreement is enclosed). I vow to provide lodging, board and to pay for all expenses incurred regarding Applicant's visit to Canada and I vow to be legally responsible for her.
I hold enough funds to bear all the expenses mentioned in this. I work as an <JOB> in Toronto. I am attaching the recent bank statements as supporting documents. I undertake to make sure that Applicant will not remain in Canada further than the period allowed for her stay and that she will return as stated by the conditions of her visitor’s visa.
Taking into consideration the previous, I am requesting you to kindly grant a visitor’s visa to Ms. Applicant's Name. Should you need any further information, please feel free to contact me at Sponsor's Email or at Sponsor's Phone number
In addition to the documents submitted by my Fiancé, I am hereby attaching the following supporting documents to be submitted with her application:
1. My PR Card Copy
2. Passport Copy
3. Business Incorporation Document
4. Bank Statement for myself.
5. Rental Agreement.
6. Photocopy of my parent's passport.
Thanking you,
SPONSOR'S NAME
Address:
Mobile :
E-Mail :

Hope this helps

Reactions: PathFinder777

Visalakshi

Oct 24, 2017
Thank you so much. It really helps.
One more question - During POE, whether your fiance was married or not? What was the reason she said during POE?
Did they allow her to stay atleast for a period of 6 months?

afsal khan

Aug 20, 2015
Hi,
I got married last week and I am going back to Canada on 5th of Feb.
Can anyone suggest me from where should I apply spouse application from Canada or India?
Can I bring all the document to Canada and mail them once i reached to Canada ?
Is there any difference in processing time ?
Do I need job offer letter from Canada ?

Thanks

Nana75

Star Member
Feb 11, 2018
Hi all,

I am PR in Canada and recently got married in Feb. I applied for visitor visa for my wife when she was my fiance, but it was refused. Now I have replied for her visitor visa again after I have already applied for her Spousal PR. I am just waiting to hear back on visitor visa application.

RJ
Hello Raj,

Did you receive any answer to your wife's TRV?

Visalakshi

Oct 24, 2017
Hi All,
I am happy to inform that my Visitor Visa got approved. Thank you all in this forum who helped me in this journey. A special thanks to sg33 whose inputs helped a lot.

Reactions: PathFinder777

PathFinder777

Star Member
Apr 12, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
NDVO
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
30-03-2015/3rd line update on: 08-04-2015
Hi All,
I am happy to inform that my Visitor Visa got approved. Thank you all in this forum who helped me in this journey. A special thanks to sg33 whose inputs helped a lot.
Hi,
Congrats! I'm planing to apply Visitor Visa for my fiance shortly. Could you please share how you managed the purpose of your visit and what are all supported documents submitted?

Visalakshi

Oct 24, 2017
Hi,
Congrats! I'm planing to apply Visitor Visa for my fiance shortly. Could you please share how you managed the purpose of your visit and what are all supported documents submitted?
Hi,
I mentioned my purpose of visit as to do some shopping for marriage and get to know Canadian culture, food etc.

Documents from my end:
Passport copy
aadhar card and PAN xerox
Marriage Invitation
Venue Receipt
Planned itinerary
Flight reservations - Round trip - Mentioned like will book the tickets once Visa is approved
Visa copy
Travel stamps copy
US travel tickets
Employer NOC letter in company letter head
Employment joining letter
Employment appraisal letters
payslips - 6 months
bank stmts - 6 months
Income tax returns/Form 16 - 2 yrs
Cover letter
Invitation letter from my fiance
copies of parent's passport

Documents from my fiance:
Payslips - 3 months
bank stmts - 6 months
PR copy
Engagement travel tickets
Passport copy

Sarab26

Star Member
Apr 28, 2018
Hey guys, thought this post may help some of you so i would just like to share my journey to getting my TRV approved for my Fiance. Feel free to ask me any questions you may have.

My background:
- Indian Citizen.
- PR in Canada.
- Work as an IT consultant (IT Contractor).

My Fiance's Background
- Indian Citizen.
- Working in UK on deputation (Visa valid till 13 March, 2016).

We did a lot of research and put in a lot of effort and time to review and make sure that we give as much information as we can, i am just summarizing the documents we submitted below:
1) Invitation Letter from me (Indication when and where we are getting marriage and explaining the background in detail)
2) Cover Letter from her (confirming the reason for the application).
3) Bank Statement for me (Since i was the one sponsoring her trip).
4) Bank Statement from her Indian and UK accounts (Proof of funds with her).
5) My Business Incorporation documents (to prove i work).
6) My Business's bank account (proof of funds).
7) Her Passport.
8) My Passport photo copies.
9) Her UK visa.
10) MY PR card copy.
11) Her deputation letter and company's letter indicating there is no reason she won't come back for work after her trip.
12) Her boss's approval (indicating that she will return.)
13) Ticket booked from Jan 17- Jan 31st, 2016 for her visit to Canada (refundable in case she doesn't get the Visa)
14) Medical insurance for her trip here(a must).
15) Our marriage Venue booking (to prove that we are getting married in India).
16) Application form, checklist, family information forms.
17) Her and my parent's passport copies (since she didn't have property in India).
18) Her IT returns for last 3 years (proof that she is not doing tax evasion of any sort).
19) Her paystubs for past 6 months (to show steady salary income).
20) Her Rental Lease in UK (proof of residence in UK)
21) My rental lease in Canada (since she will live with me during my visit).
22) Our trip to India in November for a pre wedding ceremony (to prove she is my Fiance).
23) Photos with families for the ceremony (proof that we are getting married).
24) Snippets of our whatsapp chat and call history.

Other information:
1) She submitted the application in person and not online, because we wanted to submit all the supporting documents as well and i believe no one wants to open all the PDFs to look at on a computer. With in person application it is very easy to just look and confirm that all the documents are there (doubt they read all the documents though) plus the VFS officer will let you know in case you miss anything.
2) I didn't want to lie on the application to avoid problems down the line when her PR application is in progress.
3) Processing time was 1 day.
4) Her visa is multiple entry valid till 2020 (her passport expires in 2020).
5) Your Visa office may say that they don't need that many documents but we had to insist and they took it.
Hi, did u mention ur plans
Hey guys, thought this post may help some of you so i would just like to share my journey to getting my TRV approved for my Fiance. Feel free to ask me any questions you may have.

My background:
- Indian Citizen.
- PR in Canada.
- Work as an IT consultant (IT Contractor).

My Fiance's Background
- Indian Citizen.
- Working in UK on deputation (Visa valid till 13 March, 2016).

We did a lot of research and put in a lot of effort and time to review and make sure that we give as much information as we can, i am just summarizing the documents we submitted below:
1) Invitation Letter from me (Indication when and where we are getting marriage and explaining the background in detail)
2) Cover Letter from her (confirming the reason for the application).
3) Bank Statement for me (Since i was the one sponsoring her trip).
4) Bank Statement from her Indian and UK accounts (Proof of funds with her).
5) My Business Incorporation documents (to prove i work).
6) My Business's bank account (proof of funds).
7) Her Passport.
8) My Passport photo copies.
9) Her UK visa.
10) MY PR card copy.
11) Her deputation letter and company's letter indicating there is no reason she won't come back for work after her trip.
12) Her boss's approval (indicating that she will return.)
13) Ticket booked from Jan 17- Jan 31st, 2016 for her visit to Canada (refundable in case she doesn't get the Visa)
14) Medical insurance for her trip here(a must).
15) Our marriage Venue booking (to prove that we are getting married in India).
16) Application form, checklist, family information forms.
17) Her and my parent's passport copies (since she didn't have property in India).
18) Her IT returns for last 3 years (proof that she is not doing tax evasion of any sort).
19) Her paystubs for past 6 months (to show steady salary income).
20) Her Rental Lease in UK (proof of residence in UK)
21) My rental lease in Canada (since she will live with me during my visit).
22) Our trip to India in November for a pre wedding ceremony (to prove she is my Fiance).
23) Photos with families for the ceremony (proof that we are getting married).
24) Snippets of our whatsapp chat and call history.

Other information:
1) She submitted the application in person and not online, because we wanted to submit all the supporting documents as well and i believe no one wants to open all the PDFs to look at on a computer. With in person application it is very easy to just look and confirm that all the documents are there (doubt they read all the documents though) plus the VFS officer will let you know in case you miss anything.
2) I didn't want to lie on the application to avoid problems down the line when her PR application is in progress.
3) Processing time was 1 day.
4) Her visa is multiple entry valid till 2020 (her passport expires in 2020).
5) Your Visa office may say that they don't need that many documents but we had to insist and they took it.
Hi, u mean u applied for just a visit to canada as ur fiance. And u mentioned that u will be getting married in india?

Sarab26

Star Member
Apr 28, 2018
Hi,
I mentioned my purpose of visit as to do some shopping for marriage and get to know Canadian culture, food etc.

Documents from my end:
Passport copy
aadhar card and PAN xerox
Marriage Invitation
Venue Receipt
Planned itinerary
Flight reservations - Round trip - Mentioned like will book the tickets once Visa is approved
Visa copy
Travel stamps copy
US travel tickets
Employer NOC letter in company letter head
Employment joining letter
Employment appraisal letters
payslips - 6 months
bank stmts - 6 months
Income tax returns/Form 16 - 2 yrs
Cover letter
Invitation letter from my fiance
copies of parent's passport

Documents from my fiance:
Payslips - 3 months
bank stmts - 6 months
PR copy
Engagement travel tickets
Passport copy
Hi, what kind of venue reciept did u show?

sg33

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Hi, did u mention ur plans

Hi, u mean u applied for just a visit to canada as ur fiance. And u mentioned that u will be getting married in india?
Yes we applied as a visit for fiance and will be getting married in India