+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My experience from ITA to PPR to landing

hmanso02

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
Hi Folks,

I am writing this update a bit late as I received my PPR and immigrant visa stamp in August! Just wanted to thank this forum and post my timeline and other app specs in case this information may help some other people with similar applications. Here are my details:

Program: FSW - Outland
Nationality: Pakistan
NOC: 4012 (Teaching/Research Assistant - I completed 2 years working 20 hrs/week as a PhD student in USA)
IELTS: W: 8, R: 9, L: 9, S: 9
Education: Masters
Proof of Finances: Received a gift of $8000 from my parents along with a simple signed statement that it was a gift
ITA: Feb 21st
AOR: Mar 10th
Medical Passed: Apr 10th
Background check started: Aug 3rd
PPR: Aug 10th
COPR: Aug 24th
Landed: Oct 12th

I drove through the Windsor ON tunnel from Detroit. The border staff was super nice and did not ask much. Asked me 2 questions: Committed any crime and have you been denied entry in Canada ever? Did not ask for proof of income etc. Asked me to sign COPR, stamped my passport and told me that my PR card will be sent to the address I gave and Welcome to Canada! The whole thing took ~20 mins. After spending a week in Windsor, I returned to USA to finish up my PhD in about 2 years.

This forum has been very helpful throughout the process. I wish all of you well!

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hi Folks,

I am writing this update a bit late as I received my PPR and immigrant visa stamp in August! Just wanted to thank this forum and post my timeline and other app specs in case this information may help some other people with similar applications. Here are my details:

Program: FSW - Outland
Nationality: Pakistan
NOC: 4012 (Teaching/Research Assistant - I completed 2 years working 20 hrs/week as a PhD student in USA)
IELTS: W: 8, R: 9, L: 9, S: 9
Education: Masters
Proof of Finances: Received a gift of $8000 from my parents along with a simple signed statement that it was a gift
ITA: Feb 21st
AOR: Mar 10th
Medical Passed: Apr 10th
Background check started: Aug 3rd
PPR: Aug 10th
COPR: Aug 24th
Landed: Oct 12th

I drove through the Windsor ON tunnel from Detroit. The border staff was super nice and did not ask much. Asked me 2 questions: Committed any crime and have you been denied entry in Canada ever? Did not ask for proof of income etc. Asked me to sign COPR, stamped my passport and told me that my PR card will be sent to the address I gave and Welcome to Canada! The whole thing took ~20 mins. After spending a week in Windsor, I returned to USA to finish up my PhD in about 2 years.

This forum has been very helpful throughout the process. I wish all of you well!
Congratulations

Reactions: hmanso02

jessy_tim

Dec 18, 2018
Hi,Congratulations and thank you for the information it helps a lot. How did WES access your phd as masters? Also did u mention that u will be returning back to US.

Last edited: