Med's Request
20-02-2013
Med's Done....
14-03-2013 "Med Received" 11-04-2013 "In Process" 10-05-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
04-07-2013 "Decision Made" 08-07-2013
I figured I should write a guide for fellow forum mates who wants to be on this Canadian Permanent Residency journey. I only have experience with BCPNP - Skilled Workers and International Student Stream and if you are looking to immigrant to other provinces, please refer to their own PNP website.

Let's get this started.

http://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate/immigrate/Provincial-Nominee-Program-Home.aspx

The above website is your friend. Everything you need to know is on the website. If you still have questions after reading through the website, I will be happy to answer them.

First, let's determine NOC code for your job title. This part is just as important as filling out the forms. You will need to send an email to Human Resources and Skills Development Canada with a detailed description of the main duties, the education required for entry into the occupation and the type of establishment in which the work is performed. And for privacy and security reasons, please DO NOT send any personal documentation electronically, such as resumes. Their system removes any attached files automatically. The email address is noc-cnp @ workingincanada.gc.ca

While waiting for HRSDC to get back to you, let's work on your forms.

The application for Skilled Workers and International Graduate Stream are much the same. The following forms you need in order to complete your application for BCPNP:

1) Application Checklist (http://www.welcomebc.ca/welcome_bc/media/Media-Gallery/docs/immigration/come/strategicoccupations_application_checklist.pdf)

2) Nominee Information form (http://www.welcomebc.ca/welcome_bc/media/Media-Gallery/docs/immigration/come/nominee_information.pdf)

3) Guaranteed Job Offer form (http://www.welcomebc.ca/welcome_bc/media/Media-Gallery/docs/immigration/come/guaranteed_job_offer.pdf)

4) Information Release form (http://www.welcomebc.ca/welcome_bc/media/Media-Gallery/docs/immigration/come/information_release_nominee_applicant.pdf)

5) Fee Payment form (http://www.welcomebc.ca/welcome_bc/media/Media-Gallery/docs/immigration/come/fee_payment.pdf)

6) Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008] (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM0008ENU_2D.pdf)

7) Schedule A – Background Declaration [IMM 5669] (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5669E.PDF)

8 ) Additional Family Information [IMM 5406] (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5406E.PDF)

9) Schedule 4: Economic Classes - Provincial Nominees [IMM 0008 SCHEDULE 4] (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm0008_4e.pdf)

For 6 to 9, You must include photocopies of the COMPLETED CIC forms listed above, with your BC PNP application. Submit only photocopies of completed CIC forms to the BC PNP – not the originals. Do not submit police certificates to the BC PNP.

The forms are pretty standard, I did not have any problems fill them. Regarding the CIC forms, I will get into detail on later on the Federal part.

HRSDC should get back to you by now. Based on the information that you provided, they will determine which NOC code may be appropriate for the occupation that you described. Please print out the email that you sent and the reply you get back from them and submit along with your application. I will explain why this is necessary later.

The tricky part is to get your employer to fill out the Job Offer form and obtain the necessary documentations from them. You will need:

1) A Recommendation Letter from Employer

2) Job Offer Letter

3) Company Information

4) Valid BC Business License

5) Certificate of Incorporation

From what I've seen, most of employers are more than happy to help you with the process. Don't be discouraged if they don't want to help, there are other ways to obtain your permanent residency such as Canadian Experienced Class and Federal Skilled Workers.

After you have all your documents ready, please double check with the Application Checklist and make sure you have everything you need. And now I will explain why it is necessary to have HRSDC to determine your NOC code.

From my experience with BCPNP, a lot of the time, your BCPNP case officer will determine your NOC code based on your title only. In my case, my job duties are under skill level 0, however, my job title falls under skill level C because this is my first job fresh out of college and based on the title I had, my case officer put me under skill level C and requested a structured plan for career progression. I had the HRSDC's letter backed me up and that changed case officer's mind. And if I did not do that, there could be a chance that my application would be refused.

I do not agree how BCPNP determine the NOC codes, I think it is just biased. However, we cannot change how they operate things and because of that all we could do is to make our application "perfect".

Based on the number of applications BCPNP receives, they should be able to process your application with 12 weeks of time frame.

This is the first part of my experience and I will write up my Federal part and landing in the next couple posts.

Hope this helps.

anser0131

Star Member
Aug 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2012
Doc's Request.
09-11-2012
Nomination.....
13-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-02-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
24-05-2013
Med's Request
20-02-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
RESERVED FOR FEDERAL APPLICATION

anser0131

Star Member
Aug 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2012
Doc's Request.
09-11-2012
Nomination.....
13-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-02-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
24-05-2013
Med's Request
20-02-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
RESERVED FOR LANDING EXPERIENCE

enue

Jul 21, 2013
Hi, im planning process my boyfriend's paper so he can come here but my biggest problem is how to get an employer, It seems that you did not have much problem with your employer, can I ask how you found an employer? My bf is process line operator or machine operator, I read that it falls on noc o 9641 or 9461(gotta doble check) so im pretty sure he's most likely fit for a job but weve been sending resumes to diff companies but no one answers. Is ther a way or a site specific for looking out on employers? I read about bcpnp and I believe this is the best province for him. Thanks so much!!!!

anser0131

Star Member
Aug 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2012
Doc's Request.
09-11-2012
Nomination.....
13-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-02-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
24-05-2013
Med's Request
20-02-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
enue said:
Hi, im planning process my boyfriend's paper so he can come here but my biggest problem is how to get an employer, It seems that you did not have much problem with your employer, can I ask how you found an employer? My bf is process line operator or machine operator, I read that it falls on noc o 9641 or 9461(gotta doble check) so im pretty sure he's most likely fit for a job but weve been sending resumes to diff companies but no one answers. Is ther a way or a site specific for looking out on employers? I read about bcpnp and I believe this is the best province for him. Thanks so much!!!!
To answer your question, there are multiple ways to find an employer. There are monster.ca, indeed.ca and also jobbank.gc.ca. You can also find job postings on LinkedIn and don't forget to search on company's career website. And the last option is to find a recruiting agency like aerotek.

Hope this helps.

brattilee

Jun 19, 2013
thanks for this thread...really informative.

i've been wanting to go to Canada, unfortunately, I am discouraged to apply via FSW because my NOC which is 1112 is considered as hot NOC. CAP might have been filled by this time. Since we plan on residing in BC because my husband's family and relatives currently resides there, why not try BCPNP instead.

question is, I have sent my resume to some companies. but I'm not actually sure how to approach or to ask them if they are willing to sponsor me. How do you actually tell them that? Also, I have deposited my resume at indeed.ca, if an employer is listed under indeed.ca, does this guarantee that they are open to sponsoring a foreign worker? what are the odds?

please help. thanks a lot in advance.

hannayangyang

May 3, 2013
Hi anser,

Thank you very much for your sharing! This is very helpful!

I have a question, is the 12 weeks of time frame starting from the day the application is sent, or the day AOR is received? Since I still haven't received the AOR since July 19th 2013, when the application was sent... Is it normal? The employer asked a lawyer to help but the lawyer has been difficult to access. And is it possible to be delayed even if the application didn't lack any materials?

Thank you so much for your help in advance :)

Hanna

brattilee

Jun 19, 2013
Hi Hanna,

May I ask how were you able to obtain a nomination? Is it thru an employer sponsorship? and you're under what occupation? Thank you.

ajoni

Star Member
Sep 7, 2012
Visa Office......
chd chc
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello ma friend... Can u plz help me n guide me ... M confused that in which category m fitted...

I also want to apply in BCPNP ..ma profile is as below
Age -26
Status-married
Education- becholers degree n after that I did MBA in hospital management
Experience- 1 year

Also I want to share that I got refusal in live in caregiver category (ma maternal uncle applied me ,,he is their in Surrey)
N my maternal uncle is doctor n can he apply me again as a employer ( I mean giving me job at his clinic as I did hospital management) ... It ll be great help.. Plz help me... Also ma real brother n sister r their in Surrey bc ...

nes

Sep 8, 2013
hannayangyang said:
Hi anser,

Thank you very much for your sharing! This is very helpful!

I have a question, is the 12 weeks of time frame starting from the day the application is sent, or the day AOR is received? Since I still haven't received the AOR since July 19th 2013, when the application was sent... Is it normal? The employer asked a lawyer to help but the lawyer has been difficult to access. And is it possible to be delayed even if the application didn't lack any materials?

Thank you so much for your help in advance :)

Hanna
Hi Hanna!
I put mine in the post on June 14th. I didn't hear anything until 9th July when I got my AOR email saying that they received it on the 17th June. They gave me a 8-12 week time frame from date it was received (17th June) and I finally got the acceptance in the mail on the 5th of September, 1.5 weeks after they received it!
Hope this helps!

nes

Sep 8, 2013
Hi anser,

I was wondering if you were able to post the stage in between getting your BCPNP acceptance and applying to CIC... did you need to extend your work permit?
My current work permit is soon to expire and have the work permit support letter from PNP but not sure of how to get the actual visa. Is this anything like what you went through?
Thanks!

manindersinghgill

Sep 6, 2013
anser0131 said:
I figured I should write a guide for fellow forum mates who wants to be on this Canadian Permanent Residency journey. I only have experience with BCPNP - Skilled Workers and International Student Stream and if you are looking to immigrant to other provinces, please refer to their own PNP website.

Let's get this started.

The above website is your friend. Everything you need to know is on the website. If you still have questions after reading through the website, I will be happy to answer them.

First, let's determine NOC code for your job title. This part is just as important as filling out the forms. You will need to send an email to Human Resources and Skills Development Canada with a detailed description of the main duties, the education required for entry into the occupation and the type of establishment in which the work is performed. And for privacy and security reasons, please DO NOT send any personal documentation electronically, such as resumes. Their system removes any attached files automatically. The email address is noc-cnp @ workingincanada.gc.ca

While waiting for HRSDC to get back to you, let's work on your forms.

The application for Skilled Workers and International Graduate Stream are much the same. The following forms you need in order to complete your application for BCPNP:

1) Application Checklist
2) Nominee Information form
3) Guaranteed Job Offer form

4) Information Release form

5) Fee Payment form

6) Generic Application Form for Canada

7) Schedule A – Background Declaration
8 ) Additional Family Information

9) Schedule 4: Economic Classes - Provincial Nominees

For 6 to 9, You must include photocopies of the COMPLETED CIC forms listed above, with your BC PNP application. Submit only photocopies of completed CIC forms to the BC PNP – not the originals. Do not submit police certificates to the BC PNP.

The forms are pretty standard, I did not have any problems fill them. Regarding the CIC forms, I will get into detail on later on the Federal part.

HRSDC should get back to you by now. Based on the information that you provided, they will determine which NOC code may be appropriate for the occupation that you described. Please print out the email that you sent and the reply you get back from them and submit along with your application. I will explain why this is necessary later.

The tricky part is to get your employer to fill out the Job Offer form and obtain the necessary documentations from them. You will need:

1) A Recommendation Letter from Employer

2) Job Offer Letter

3) Company Information

4) Valid BC Business License

5) Certificate of Incorporation

From what I've seen, most of employers are more than happy to help you with the process. Don't be discouraged if they don't want to help, there are other ways to obtain your permanent residency such as Canadian Experienced Class and Federal Skilled Workers.

After you have all your documents ready, please double check with the Application Checklist and make sure you have everything you need. And now I will explain why it is necessary to have HRSDC to determine your NOC code.

From my experience with BCPNP, a lot of the time, your BCPNP case officer will determine your NOC code based on your title only. In my case, my job duties are under skill level 0, however, my job title falls under skill level C because this is my first job fresh out of college and based on the title I had, my case officer put me under skill level C and requested a structured plan for career progression. I had the HRSDC's letter backed me up and that changed case officer's mind. And if I did not do that, there could be a chance that my application would be refused.

I do not agree how BCPNP determine the NOC codes, I think it is just biased. However, we cannot change how they operate things and because of that all we could do is to make our application "perfect".

Based on the number of applications BCPNP receives, they should be able to process your application with 12 weeks of time frame.

This is the first part of my experience and I will write up my Federal part and landing in the next couple posts.

Hope this helps.
Hi Anser,

I had a couple of questions if you could help me with. Is it possible to PM me manindersinghgill @ live.ca

Thanks a lot for your time

rutvi

Jun 5, 2014
please help me

Hey,
I have my doubt.
My husband has filed for his BC PNP. Its been 8 week and we got married. I am in ON right now on student visa.
We got our marraige certificate.
How can my husband add my name to the PNP program?
Please help me
thank you