26-05-2011
File Transfer...
15-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made April 15, 2013
LANDED..........
20-06-2013
RockyMish said:
good lord... gosia is a polish name... polish girl's name... poland=beautiful girls=blondes .... ahem let me start over... dammit where are my cigarettes?? here they are... 8) .. :-*

There are lots of jobs in Calgary, especially in the oil and gas industry. And they pay good, real good. Now that you have a PR its much easier to move. God bless you, you are single.
There are girls who make your heart stop and everything moves in slow motion, girls you would love to open the door for, stand up when she leaves the room, stand up when she comes back in, and you feel like doing it all your life. Every guy has this feeling for this special girl, well that's what I felt for Amanda. A brief description of her, blonde (as you well know), straight hair with black streaks in them (like jen anniston) which makes you think the base of the hair is black, shines white in the sunlight. For the first date (hard rock cafe) she was wearing an off shoulder dress, knee length with simple sandals and handbag. Took my breath away. I was so proud of walking with her on my side. We did not have much money. As you know she was a waitress, I was still at school. We found things we could do together anyway. For example we used to hang out at starbucks after 10 pm right when it was closing time because at 1030 the baristas would walk around with trays of free food. Starbucks does not sell stale food. They dispose it end of every day and each morning they get fresh stock. There you go, free dinner. Another example was Ikea's 1$ breakfast. Toast, eggs, hash browns, bacon.. wow. All for little more than 1$. If a girl likes you and wants to be with you when you have nothing, she wants to be with you all your life. Now that I have everything, I don't have her. But that is life. I think of her often and wonder why I did what I did to spoil everything (long story for later).

What I am trying to convey through all this is life is beautiful, Toronto is beautiful, Canada is beautiful. I agree there are challenges which may be difficult to overcome, but not impossible. Its been 18 months since I went home to India, I am going home this christmas. I go back to the same streets, same home and wonder how my life has changed in the last 2 years. See familiar landmarks around india and think that the last time I was here I was a nobody. Now I have an amazing job, wonderful friends around me, all the money I would ever need and most importantly the love of 2 wonderful women. Does wonders for a guys confidence. I got this from Canada. Canada owed me nothing but she still opened her arms and welcomed me. Just give yourself time and patience, Canada would come through for you.
Ok that was a bit off track. Will come back to my story later.

PS: done with work, now this is where I swagger to my beemer with a cigarette between my lips hoping to catch the eye of the lovely receptionist Rochelle. She has been ignoring me forever now. Have to do something about it. Maybe I should quit smoking. Hmm food for thought.
Yes Gosia is a polish name ;D

But wow..how do you handle 2 women? Be careful though, and please don't break these poor women's hearts:( Do they know you are dating both of them?

alq814

Apr 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
AOR Received.
17-09-2013
RockyMish said:
What I am trying to convey through all this is life is beautiful, Toronto is beautiful, Canada is beautiful. I agree there are challenges which may be difficult to overcome, but not impossible. Its been 18 months since I went home to India, I am going home this christmas. I go back to the same streets, same home and wonder how my life has changed in the last 2 years. See familiar landmarks around india and think that the last time I was here I was a nobody. Now I have an amazing job, wonderful friends around me, all the money I would ever need and most importantly the love of 2 wonderful women. Does wonders for a guys confidence. I got this from Canada. Canada owed me nothing but she still opened her arms and welcomed me. Just give yourself time and patience, Canada would come through for you.

PS: done with work, now this is where I swagger to my beemer with a cigarette between my lips hoping to catch the eye of the lovely receptionist Rochelle. She has been ignoring me forever now. Have to do something about it. Maybe I should quit smoking. Hmm food for thought.
+1 for you RockyMish...not because I'm blonde or you look cool puffing that ciggy but because your story made me smile and laugh at some point...i like it when you order a "tall blonde" (i was imagining the face of the barista haha). I hope ta have a latte with you when Quebec will choose to open her arms for me one day :D

RockyMish

Jun 20, 2013
Gosia: Amanda left me. I did not deserve her, she was too good for me. I guess money got into my head. Thats a long story will explain soon.

Alq814: would love to have a latte with you, make sure you have a high pony tail with your hair ;D

immanueluna: my story gets sadder, but its got a happy ending.

Go-Canada-Go

Star Member
May 1, 2013
alq814 said:
+1 for you RockyMish...not because I'm blonde or you look cool puffing that ciggy but because your story made me smile and laugh at some point...i like it when you order a "tall blonde" (i was imagining the face of the barista haha). I hope ta have a latte with you when Quebec will choose to open her arms for me one day :D
oohhh Lord!! why do you want him to swing between toronto, calgary and quebec...too much swinging may loose the pendulum, lol. my vision says this RockyMish will definitely end up in some BLONDE'S REHABILITATION CENTRE, sooner or later, or will be diagnosed with Blonde's chronic disease...lol....nothing offensive rocky, just trying to be part of the fun. So guys/girls hear the most from him now.

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09
Doc's Request.
02-Oct-09
File Transfer...
06-Oct-09
Med's Request
18-08-10
Med's Done....
09-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-01-2011 - Passport sent on 22-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
19th May 2011- Thanks to Almighty!
Rocky u ROCK MAN ..!!! 8)

Cheers...

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Suddenly RockyMish's blog falls silent and his loyal readers are left to wonder how long they will have to wait for his story to continue. Floods threaten Calgary. Sandbags need to be filled. "Aha!", thinks RM, "another opportunity to meet Blondes!!" He pulls on his boots and Arcteryx and leaps out the front door. He reaches the curb and turns to dash back in the condo. He must grab his cigarettes. Never know when he might need them..........but it is going to be tough finding Blondes with water proof matches in this weather!!!!

Lucky777

May 5, 2011
read all your story, i got a actual scenario over Canada economy, job markets, challenge and possibilities as well as Canadian girl...
Thanks a lot... but do not end.. plz keep writing

Go-Canada-Go

Star Member
May 1, 2013
Pippin said:
Suddenly RockyMish's blog falls silent and his loyal readers are left to wonder how long they will have to wait for his story to continue. Floods threaten Calgary. Sandbags need to be filled. "Aha!", thinks RM, "another opportunity to meet Blondes!!" He pulls on his boots and Arcteryx and leaps out the front door. He reaches the curb and turns to dash back in the condo. He must grab his cigarettes. Never know when he might need them..........but it is going to be tough finding Blondes with water proof matches in this weather!!!!
Is he gonna hire a Boat Taxi ? ? Naa Man, I am sure this man knows how to swim...or at least he'll catch a blonde's hair, until he stops by for a FAG break.....

PA5510N

Oct 21, 2011
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2009
VISA ISSUED...
12-07-2013
LANDED..........
In Sha Allah on 03/09/2013
RockyMish said:
good lord... gosia is a polish name... polish girl's name... poland=beautiful girls=blondes .... ahem let me start over... dammit where are my cigarettes?? here they are... 8) .. :-*

There are lots of jobs in Calgary, especially in the oil and gas industry. And they pay good, real good. Now that you have a PR its much easier to move. God bless you, you are single.
There are girls who make your heart stop and everything moves in slow motion, girls you would love to open the door for, stand up when she leaves the room, stand up when she comes back in, and you feel like doing it all your life. Every guy has this feeling for this special girl, well that's what I felt for Amanda. A brief description of her, blonde (as you well know), straight hair with black streaks in them (like jen anniston) which makes you think the base of the hair is black, shines white in the sunlight. For the first date (hard rock cafe) she was wearing an off shoulder dress, knee length with simple sandals and handbag. Took my breath away. I was so proud of walking with her on my side. We did not have much money. As you know she was a waitress, I was still at school. We found things we could do together anyway. For example we used to hang out at starbucks after 10 pm right when it was closing time because at 1030 the baristas would walk around with trays of free food. Starbucks does not sell stale food. They dispose it end of every day and each morning they get fresh stock. There you go, free dinner. Another example was Ikea's 1$ breakfast. Toast, eggs, hash browns, bacon.. wow. All for little more than 1$. If a girl likes you and wants to be with you when you have nothing, she wants to be with you all your life. Now that I have everything, I don't have her. But that is life. I think of her often and wonder why I did what I did to spoil everything (long story for later).

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Oh my, Rocky!
Reading your first post got me hooked and kept me wondering what would happen next....Did he make up with Lori? And what happened to Amanda? I kept asking myself :eek: :eek: :eek:

I must admit, this was the first thread I looked for when I logged on this morning....just to read your experience of Canada with a twist...(not just one's professional aspirations, but the social bit which seem to be relegated..... :D in most stories here...

I am not there yet, haven't even gotten my MR yet...but I can just vividly imagine from you narrative how things can go really bad (when you make the wrong choices - lived above your budget for instance, misplaced priorities etc) and how you can make amends (not afraid to do any kind of job (washing dishes) and volunteering etc).

The articulation is so apt that you could pass for a writer.....

Looking forward to reading more from you... :p

*Mandie*

Go-Canada-Go

Star Member
May 1, 2013
mandiebraxton said:
Oh my, Rocky!
Reading your first post got me hooked and kept me wondering what would happen next....Did he make up with Lori? And what happened to Amanda? I kept asking myself :eek: :eek: :eek:

I must admit, this was the first thread I looked for when I logged on this morning....just to read your experience of Canada with a twist...(not just one's professional aspirations, but the social bit which seem to be relegated..... :D in most stories here...

I am not there yet, haven't even gotten my MR yet...but I can just vividly imagine from you narrative how things can go really bad (when you make the wrong choices - lived above your budget for instance, misplaced priorities etc) and how you can make amends (not afraid to do any kind of job (washing dishes) and volunteering etc).

The articulation is so apt that you could pass for a writer.....

Looking forward to reading more from you... :p

*Mandie*
off course you are right!.... he can be a very gud writer, I would like to advise him on the title : RockyMish - The Blonde Hunter/ Cool luking Fagger/ The smoking man lol!!!!!!!

parry1901

Mar 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2010
Med's Done....
1st nov 2013 & 20 march 2014 (new born)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Interesting.. so far.. keep going... :)

RockyMish

Jun 20, 2013
Thanks everyone for your lovely comments.
I guess every country has their own 'isms' like hydro, eh for Canadians. Some of the strange Indianisms which would be out of place in Canada would be 'fag'. In india it means having a smoke, for canadians its just gay (no offense meant or taken)
Anyone can be a writer, everyone has a story in them, their own, their life experience. This is mine. This is the only story I can write.
Its true that I feel like a super hero when I have a cigarette between my lips, I feel I can approach any girl and engage her in a meaningful conversation and have her giggling in no time. Otherwise I am very shy and blush when a girl looks at me ‘meaningfully’.
Let me describe why I feel confident with a smoke (fag :p) between my fingers. It’s the way I hold it, with my thumb and middle finger and cupping the flame. The eyes automatically squint and wrinkles at the side (crow’s feet) and I assume I look like a young brown Clint Eastwood (yeah right!!)

Well Amanda liked it, and there was a time when that’s all I wanted to do. Just make her giggle and blush. I like the way some women tuck their hair behind their ears, its so endearing. I was never the jealous boyfriend. I used to love it when she got second looks from guys. At the restaurant too where she worked as a waitress (dishwasher me) guys used to flirt with her and I used to enjoy it when she told me about it. She meant me to be jealous, but I was not. If someone likes your woman, then you have the feeling that you have the right one. That’s how I think. Well that’s not what she thought, unfortunately this led to our break up (long story again). My break up with Amanda came about because of my greediness, I took her for granted. The main reason being my nemesis, my culture – tradition of India.

Lori meanwhile had moved on, we were still best friends, my first and closest friend in Canada. When I see the Maple leaf, I see Lori in the background. She represents all that is good about Canada. She got back to her ex boyfriend Alex who I must say did not deserve her, well neither did I.

PS: came into work, groggy and tired with all the beer I had yesterday. I don't care, Rochelle gave me a sunny smile. So apt for the first day of summer.

Go-Canada-Go

Star Member
May 1, 2013
RockyMish said:
Thanks everyone for your lovely comments.
I guess every country has their own 'isms' like hydro, eh for Canadians. Some of the strange Indianisms which would be out of place in Canada would be 'fag'. In india it means having a smoke, for canadians its just gay (no offense meant or taken)
Anyone can be a writer, everyone has a story in them, their own, their life experience. This is mine. This is the only story I can write.
Its true that I feel like a super hero when I have a cigarette between my lips, I feel I can approach any girl and engage her in a meaningful conversation and have her giggling in no time. Otherwise I am very shy and blush when a girl looks at me ‘meaningfully'.
Let me describe why I feel confident with a smoke (fag :p) between my fingers. It's the way I hold it, with my thumb and middle finger and cupping the flame. The eyes automatically squint and wrinkles at the side (crow's feet) and I assume I look like a young brown Clint Eastwood (yeah right!!)

Well Amanda liked it, and there was a time when that's all I wanted to do. Just make her giggle and blush. I like the way some women tuck their hair behind their ears, its so endearing. I was never the jealous boyfriend. I used to love it when she got second looks from guys. At the restaurant too where she worked as a waitress (dishwasher me) guys used to flirt with her and I used to enjoy it when she told me about it. She meant me to be jealous, but I was not. If someone likes your woman, then you have the feeling that you have the right one. That's how I think. Well that's not what she thought, unfortunately this led to our break up (long story again). My break up with Amanda came about because of my greediness, I took her for granted. The main reason being my nemesis, my culture – tradition of India.

Lori meanwhile had moved on, we were still best friends, my first and closest friend in Canada. When I see the Maple leaf, I see Lori in the background. She represents all that is good about Canada. She got back to her ex boyfriend Alex who I must say did not deserve her, well neither did I.

PS: came into work, groggy and tired with all the beer I had yesterday. I don't care, Rochelle gave me a sunny smile. So apt for the first day of summer.
I donno what's it called in India, but its a FAG all over the UK. and I am happy that you didn't misunderstood it otherwise. Anyone can be a writer, a poet or a singer its all up to what extent one can entertain, and I really have to say, you are doing a fair job since you have started off here as RM. its gives a very clear picture of what you have seen, experienced personally, and I like the way you narrated vividly.
don't presume that smoke will enlighten you and will make you a super hero, I remember you said its been only couple of years since you got into the habit and you agreed regretting about it already, and I am quite sure no body has encouraged you to quit smoking not even on this forum, So I would like to take this opportunity as a task and Advise you to move on by quitting smoking, even Clint Eastwood wouldn't be happy hearing that you made him as a role model to damage your air bags. ( I am saying all this after seeing the damage it did to millions ). Remember, if you really feel it from heart towards women, you don't need a fag or even a toothpick which will make you look super cool.
My heart all goes out to you on Amanda as well as Lori and I would only say, If you love someone, let them go. If they come back to you, they are yours forever. and If they don't, then they were never meant to be.
Also, its not just about pony tails,curly hairs,blondes,brunettes, whatever their ethnicity is, its about Women, how ever they are, with their sensible smile they always spark that unconditional love, romantic love or whatever other label you may have, putting the word love in it, takes it to a whole new level.
One last thing, how wonderfully you have made them special, treated and loved them like no other-but even then who is left with you ? ? no one-except left with the reasons why you split, you may have with you the many reasons for this, but you don't have at least one love along with you-never remain and left over with reasons, so I hope you'll find peace with someone else soon.

Go-Canada-Go

Star Member
May 1, 2013
Sorry I just thought to add more - think your love just started off was so awesome and amazing then imagine how wonderful it would be in the end of a life course !!!!!!!!!!!!. If you want to feel and experience that Ocean size love, you would feel it only when you age old by loving only " 1 ".