+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My experience during Permanent Residency Process

arcab25

Mar 20, 2018
Hey sharing my experience here might help someone.

Feb 5th - Profile created
Feb 12th - ONIP interest received
March 23rd - applied to ONIP (was waiting for lower score)
Mid June - got query for WES applications (forgot to provide access for OINP)
end June - got OINP approved
July 1st - Express Entry filed
Aug 25th - Passport being requested
Aug 29th - Passport being sent
Sept 18th - got query for passport. (IRCC sent passport to me but it got returned.. Bummer!! I had to purchase express post online and send IRCC a copy)
Sept 21nd - passport received. pheww!!
Sept 27th - after so many failed attempt to connect with IRCC, decide to go to USA boarder. I do not have USA visa, went to niagra falls rainbow bridge around 2:45 pm. was thinking that some canadian officer would be there to tell me what to do, but i was wrong. went to usa boarder and office took my passport and told me to park the car and go to 2nd floor, was told that somebody will call. after long wait, around 4:20 officer take me in and gave me white paper. and encourage me to apply for USA visa, "go to NYC, time square, there are nice places to see!" he came with me down stairs and told me to pull my car. he opened door for me to make a u-turn and return to Canada(at USA paid 4.75$ toll fee). officer gave me yellow paper and told me to see someone inside office.(do not park your car under canopy). lady officer took my all documents and told me to wait. after again lot wait, around 6:05 got called by officer. verify my information, and told me sit back. around 6:15 called me back to sign few paper, cancelled my work permit, and told me with smile, "you are permanent resident now, out of 5 years, you are required to stay at least 2 year" rest i did not heard anything, was just nodding in happiness.

hoping this post give you some information. if you have any question let me know below.

PS: before deciding to do flag pole, I made call to CBSA to make sure they are processing for immigration and USA border agency to confirm that without having visa would they allow me to do flag pole, i read somewhere that this refusal would hurt in future, while visiting USA. I asked the same to officer and he told me that's a myth, flag pole refusal is administrative refusal, you had to do it, there is no harm for it.