+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My experience applying for a PRTD through email

Tonia62

May 18, 2021
My father's PR card expired while on an emergency family trip. I'm hoping sharing this may help others in a similar situation, as I haven't seen many recent experiences on here.

Documents I've scanned and attached to the email to IRCC:

1. The completed document checklist
2. Completed PRTD application form with 1 photo attached to the first page
3. Two photos meeting the requirement, with 1 of the photos having the required information on the back
4. Copy of the whole passport
5. Copies of 24 months worth of bank statements
6. Copies of 18 months worth of phone bills
7. Copies of driver's license and health card
8. Copies of last 5 years of flight itineraries (which are also helpful for calculating the number of days)
9. Copy of return itinerary to Canada
10. Copy of fee receipt ($50 for application)

5-8 is what I used to prove residency. Keep in mind you only need to prove you were in Canada for 730 days, not the whole 5 years. Proof in the form of statements do not need to be consecutive.

If you have a return ticket within the next 6 weeks, mark your application "urgent" in your subject heading. It'll help move things quicker. Here's my processing timeline:

May 20th: Emailed application to IRCC's COVID email
May 20th: Received acknowledgment of receipt email
May 25th: Received email from VAC requesting original passport to be mailed
May 26th: Mailed original passport via courier with a copy of the email from the VAC, signed consent form, as well as receipt for bank transfer for payment of return courier

I assume the next steps will be that he will get his passport returned soon with a stamped PRTD on it shortly.

Reactions: tricky5311

kris8646

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2016
File Transfer...
aug 01
Med's Done....
passed
My father's PR card expired while on an emergency family trip. I'm hoping sharing this may help others in a similar situation, as I haven't seen many recent experiences on here.

3. Two photos meeting the requirement, with 1 of the photos having the required information on the back
8. Copies of last 5 years of flight itineraries (which are also helpful for calculating the number of days)

5-8 is what I used to prove residency. Keep in mind you only need to prove you were in Canada for 730 days, not the whole 5 years. Proof in the form of statements do not need to be consecutive.

If you have a return ticket within the next 6 weeks, mark your application "urgent" in your subject heading. It'll help move things quicker. Here's my processing timeline:

May 26th: Mailed original passport via courier with a copy of the email from the VAC, signed consent form, as well as receipt for bank transfer for payment of return courier

I assume the next steps will be that he will get his passport returned soon with a stamped PRTD on it shortly.
Thanks for sharing your timelines here.
even i have applied for PRTD from india on may 20th and received acknowledgment. but i did not get anything after that.
may i know from which country did you applied?

Tonia62

May 18, 2021
Thanks for sharing your timelines here.
even i have applied for PRTD from india on may 20th and received acknowledgment. but i did not get anything after that.
may i know from which country did you applied?
No problem! He applied from Hungary. We might have gotten a quicker response due to having a return flight booked for mid-June.

kris8646

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2016
File Transfer...
aug 01
Med's Done....
passed
No problem! He applied from Hungary. We might have gotten a quicker response due to having a return flight booked for mid-June.
oh ok. But I think it is based on the country you are applying from.

Dec 31, 2019
Can you apply before you know your return flight date? I'm worried I might have a last-minute call back to Canada (because of a citizenship test)
How long is it valid for?

thand

Aug 19, 2021

Hi

How you attached photos? because we are sending soft copy how we need to add details back side of photo?

Tech_girl123

Jan 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
30-DEC-2017

Hey when did you receive the document ?

hector10

Star Member
Nov 9, 2021
I will (most likely) face a similar situation. I am a CEC candidate and its high probability that my application will be approved before I have to travel back home for wedding.

If anyone can share their experience of applying PRTD from India, please share the process and if there is an option to apply via email. I believe that not every VFS considers applications via email.

Your experience/feedback will be very valuable.

Floje

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2015
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2015
Med's Request
May 11, 2015
Med's Done....
May 20, 2015 Med's Passed.: May 28, 2015 Refused........: June 3, 2015 Second App...: June 4, 2015
Passport Req..
June 15, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 15, 2015
LANDED..........
August 21, 2015

Thank you for sharing. May I ask how you attached all the files since it would be a very large file and emails are limited to a certain file attachment size?