+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My experience across US/Canada border with expired PR card

Abul K

Dec 11, 2017
Hello,

There are a lot of people who question whether they can cross the border by land, by car/ walk/ cycle, through the US to Canada with an expired PR card and their Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR).
In my honest opinion, yes, you can. However it isn't recommended. There are many factors that determine whether this method of travel is safe.

I had entered the Canadian Rainbow Peace bridge around 8pm. My PR expired Feb 2018. Knowingly I took the risk of leaving Canada in March 2018 to take an important exam in the US in March 2018 as I could not postpone the exam. Before the expiration of my PR card I stayed in Canada for about a year and a half and so I was in breach of my Residency Obligations when I was at the point of entry on March 13th at the Canadian Border.

I was taken into secondary inspection. I was asked a bunch of questions.
Where did you go? New York
Why did you go to the US? Exam
How long have you been outside Canada? 10 days
Why haven't you met your 2 years. (I was in my home country before May 2016 for education--officer did not like it)?
Do you work in Canada?
Who are you living with in Canada?--Have family in Canada.
Where do you live and describe what's around you?-- Cinema, Malls, Go Bus. etc etc

Justification of why I wasn't reported according to officer was that I had lived in Canada for most of my 2 year requirement and that I have my family in Canada I was let go and he mentioned not to leave before renewing my PR card.

So this is just my opinion. Someone who is settled in Canada, stayed for most of the 2 years or have a real valid reason for leaving the country like employment purposes or maybe family member funeral (although this reason has been used many times and how officers respond to it varies), could be let go.

In the end. Don't leave Canada till you do your 2 years. If you do plan to leave, do remember this can only be a one time thing. Don't keep crossing the border if you are in breach of your RO by land, car. It will be likely that you will be reported.

Abul K

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I guess important parts of your experience are:
1. Your expired PR card was a red flag, hence secondary review.
2. They did dig into your Canada history and they have found that you were in breach of RO
3. The officer did have a valid option to report you.

So just because you were lucky, does not mean that other officers will be that generous.
So the bottom line again is, that it is safest to always meet your RO.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Hello,

There are a lot of people who question whether they can cross the border by land, by car/ walk/ cycle, through the US to Canada with an expired PR card and their Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR).
In my honest opinion, yes, you can. However it isn't recommended. There are many factors that determine whether this method of travel is safe.

I had entered the Canadian Rainbow Peace bridge around 8pm. My PR expired Feb 2018. Knowingly I took the risk of leaving Canada in March 2018 to take an important exam in the US in March 2018 as I could not postpone the exam. Before the expiration of my PR card I stayed in Canada for about a year and a half and so I was in breach of my Residency Obligations when I was at the point of entry on March 13th at the Canadian Border.

Why haven't you met your 2 years. (I was in my home country before May 2016 for education--officer did not like it)?
Do you work in Canada?
Where do you live and describe what's around you?-- Cinema, Malls, Go Bus. etc etc

Justification of why I wasn't reported according to officer was that I had lived in Canada for most of my 2 year requirement and that I have my family in Canada I was let go and he mentioned not to leave before renewing my PR card.

So this is just my opinion. Someone who is settled in Canada, stayed for most of the 2 years or have a real valid reason for leaving the country like employment purposes or maybe family member funeral (although this reason has been used many times and how officers respond to it varies), could be let go.

In the end. Don't leave Canada till you do your 2 years. If you do plan to leave, do remember this can only be a one time thing. Don't keep crossing the border if you are in breach of your RO by land, car. It will be likely that you will be reported.

Abul K
You are extremely lucky you got a very lenient CBSA officer. There are many other officers you could have gotten that would not have hesitated to report you and you would be facing termination of your PR status right now and needing to go through appeals process. Typically education related reasons for not meeting RO, are not accepted as genuine H&C reasons.

The best advice to anyone in a similar situation is not to attempt leaving Canada even once until you fully meet the 2 years residency obligation. Else you are putting your PR status up to complete luck based on what CBSA officer you happen to encounter upon return.

Abul K

Dec 11, 2017
@Rob_TO. You are absolutely right. I am very lucky and grateful that I was let go. But there have been quite a few people who have done this. This post was mostly for risk takers. There are always people who take the risk of traveling outside the country in breach of PR card for whatever reason they see fit.

But yes don't leave Canada. I won't repeat such a thing.

qureishi

Dec 9, 2011
Hello,

Do you work in Canada?

Abul K
Good to hear that you managed to enter Canada without any problem.
Just want your opinion, what will be the case if some one entering the Canada from the Airport with a valid PR card but not meeting the RO i.e staying outside more then three years ? What are the chances of being reported if dont have any valid reasons ??

Appreciate your guidance.. Thanks

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Good to hear that you managed to enter Canada without any problem.
Just want your opinion, what will be the case if some one entering the Canada from the Airport with a valid PR card but not meeting the RO i.e staying outside more then three years ? What are the chances of being reported if dont have any valid reasons ??

Appreciate your guidance.. Thanks
You have to be lucky every time you do this. There is no guarantee that you will not be diverted to Secondary, found to be in non-compliance and reported. It all depends on the specific CBSA officer that deals with you. There is no statistical data available for this. Let's call it 50:50. You are either lucky, or you are not.

Abul K

Dec 11, 2017
@qureishi
Usually it should not be a problem till your PR card at the airport is valid, even if you haven't met the RO (stayed more than three years outside). I was in a similar situation as you. Traveled to the United States 5 times and back with a valid PR card and was a bit more than 3 years away from the country before that. I know family members who came to Canada 6 months before expiry without stepping into Canada after getting PR who haven't had issues.

But don't take my word for it. Consult and get other opinions (professional). Things change every couple of months at the border. This is just my experience. I've taken many risks and advise you to avoid traveling if you can.

If you're coming right now to stay in Canada for the next couple of years, there is a possibility, a slim chance imo to be reported at the airport but if I were you I wouldn't worry to much. In the end get a consultants opinion. You will feel more comfortable.

Reactions: qureishi

qureishi

Dec 9, 2011
@qureishi
Usually it should not be a problem till your PR card at the airport is valid, even if you haven't met the RO (stayed more than three years outside). I was in a similar situation as you. Traveled to the United States 5 times and back with a valid PR card and was a bit more than 3 years away from the country before that. I know family members who came to Canada 6 months before expiry without stepping into Canada after getting PR who haven't had issues.

But don't take my word for it. Consult and get other opinions (professional). Things change every couple of months at the border. This is just my experience. I've taken many risks and advise you to avoid traveling if you can.

If you're coming right now to stay in Canada for the next couple of years, there is a possibility, a slim chance imo to be reported at the airport but if I were you I wouldn't worry to much. In the end get a consultants opinion. You will feel more comfortable.
Thanks for your guidance.Yes you are right , its always better to follow the rule and regulations..

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
CAUTION: the anecdotal experience reported in this thread is just one isolated experience. There have been some misleading conclusions proffered which demand sobering, contextual counsel.

(I will offer some more direct commentary about the OP's observations in a separate post. Indeed, this is a very long post and may need to be divided into multiple posts.)

If a friend reports he had been drinking quite a bit, and was under-the-influence (or perhaps even hammered) when he drove home from the bar the night before, and did not get arrested for driving-while-impaired, not even a fool would conclude that means it is OK to drink much and then drive. And, even the individual who has driven home drunk would be reckless, irresponsible, to encourage others at a bar to go ahead and drive home after drinking much, to say based on his experience that yeah, go ahead, it is "usually" OK, no problem, you are not likely to get arrested.

But that is probably true. Odds are even the rather drunk driver does not get arrested. And many take the gamble. Unfortunately. Even with no consideration given to safety factors, still NOT something any responsible person would encourage someone else to do NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES he has done it and gotten away with it himself. After all, even apart from the safety risks, the chances of getting caught are enough to make it a foolish gamble.

Most of those who do drive after drinking a lot, and get away with it, do not drive through a roadside check where police have set up a check point to screen vehicles and drivers. Driving into a roadside check will dramatically increase the risk the drinking driver will be charged with an offence.

For comparison with the PR in breach of the PR Residency Obligation, the analogy is more like encouraging someone who has been drinking to drive home down a road where it is known the police are doing a roadside check.

For PRs in breach of the PR RO who travel abroad, there is ALWAYS the equivalent of a roadside check when they return to Canada: the PoE examination. While not every time, many times or even most times the returning PR will be asked something similar to "how long have you been outside Canada?" Kind of like the roadside officer asking "how much have you had to drink tonight?"

I have shared a bottle of wine with my partner over the course of a long, leisurely dinner in a fine restaurant, and then driven a few km to the place we were staying the night, driving into a roadside check on the way there. I was honest. Yes, my partner and I shared a bottle of wine over dinner at such-n-such restaurant, I told the officer through an open window. The officer thanked me for being honest and then waived me through. The officer was clearly persuaded I consumed the equivalent of only two glasses of wine over the course of nearly two hours, and I was not impaired or over the limit, mostly because that was the truth, the facts.

BUT I do not interpret this personal experience as reason to encourage anyone that it is OK to drink and drive. To the contrary.

WHAT's LUCK Got to Do With It? NOT Much:

It is also important to emphasize that even if there is some element of chance, of "luck" some might say, what matters the most, what determines the odds, what influences how it will go, is mostly the facts. Contrary to popular opinion, it is NOT a lottery. It is NOT a roll of dice.

There are, rather, some key factors which loom large. Others and I have discussed these in depth more than occasionally in a variety of threads here. Most are not on/off factors (even not being in possession of a valid PR card is not an on/off factor, although not having a valid PR card AND being in breach of the PR RO puts the PR at a very high risk for being reported at the PoE).

Most factors involve ranges of risk.

Moreover, there are two tiers of risk factors, the risk of a referral to Secondary, and the risk of being Reported when there is a referral to Secondary.

Most of the risk factors are relevant in both tiers. But the difference in tiers is important.

In particular, the most important factor in whether a PR in breach is Reported when returning to Canada is whether or not the PR is referred to Secondary and examined in Secondary about compliance with the PR RO. That is, what facts or circumstances are more likely to trigger a referral to Secondary is the first tier of risk factors. Once referred to Secondary, the PR in breach has a high risk of being Reported. No referral to Secondary means NOT getting Reported.

In particular, almost all (but not quite all) instances in which the returning PR (in breach) escapes being Reported at a PoE, the PR was waived through at the PIL and NOT referred to Secondary.

Here is a key element in this: just the fact the PR is in possession of a valid PR card does indeed increase the PR's chances of being waived through without a referral to Secondary.

The crux of it is what factors increase the risk a PR in possession of a valid PR card will be referred to Secondary.

First, flagged PRs:

A key factor which tends to dictate how things will go (almost but not quite an on/off trigger), in both tiers, is whether the PR has been flagged for PR RO compliance concerns. To avoid confusing complexities I will leave what might lead to being flagged, and how being flagged influences things, to another discussion another time. BUT it would be a mistake to overlook the influence of being flagged (and PRs can be flagged without their knowing it), and in particular how dramatically that increases the risks the next time the PR is examined, whether at a PoE or in the process of assessing RO compliance for a PR card or PR TD application. It warrants noting, here, that if a PR has been previously asked questions at a PoE about compliance with the RO, the odds are fairly high there is some kind of flag in FOSS, even though the PR was waived into Canada on that occasion.

Ultimately, a PR in breach who is flagged in FOSS for RO compliance concerns, is at very high risk for being Reported the next time (if still in breach). The flagged PR is probably at greater risk for being reported the next time than a PR without a PR card.

Bottom-line, once questioned at the PoE about compliance with the PR RO, it would be very foolish, very risky, to leave Canada again until there is full compliance with the PR RO. Odds of being flagged are high, and odds a flagged PR still in breach will be reported are probably quite if not very high.

. . . additional factors and further observations to be continued . . .

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
. . . continued from previous post . . .

Appearance, or lack thereof, the PR is settled and permanently living in Canada:

This factor demands separate consideration. On its face this does NOT directly indicate whether or not a PR is in compliance with the PR RO. Even though the clear intention (as stated many, many times by IAD panels and often by Federal Court justices as well) of the grant of PR status is so the individual can and will settle and live permanently in Canada, it is NOT a requirement. The PR RO is the requirement.

While this factor is overtly addressed in IAD and Federal Court decisions, I have not seen any reports suggesting that PoE officers will ask direct questions about this. However, questions indirectly implicating this factor are very common, especially for those referred to Secondary, but even at the PIL. Just the commonly asked question "where do you live?" implicates this factor. "What do you do" (as in, are you employed and if so what work do you do)? Moreover, and importantly, many collateral circumstances readily project indications of this one way or another.

Note, for example, a PR with a valid PR card driving a vehicle the PR owns and which is registered in a Canadian province, pulling up to the PIL booth at a crossing from the U.S. into that same province, has very, very good odds of being waived through with no referral to Secondary. It APPEARS, and clearly so, the PR is settled and living in Canada. Unless there is some outstanding flag or alert in the PR's record, or something else triggering suspicion about the PR, a PIL officer screening a returning PR with a valid PR card driving the PR's own Canadian registered car will readily recognize the PR as someone settled and living in Canada and thus very unlikely to be in breach of the PR RO. Result: Waived Through.

While this is a very particular situation what it illustrates, what it illuminates, is that the overall impression a PR makes upon arrival at the PoE can and will influence whether the PR is waived through or referred to Secondary. Waived through equals NOT Reported. If referred to Secondary, that leads to a closer examination of the various factors which can influence whether the PR is Reported. Not all PRs in breach, and referred to Secondary, are Reported. The difference at that stage demands a more complicated discussion of the relevant factors. For now, suffice to note that many of the factors which can influence whether there is a referral to Secondary will also influence how it goes in Secondary.

But this one, whether or not it appears the PR is settled and permanently living in Canada, is a BIG ONE. And, in turn, there are many factors or circumstances which can influence the impression made, influence whether or not the PIL officer perceives the traveler to be a RETURNING resident or a PR who is visiting Canada.

This is NOT to say that the PR who is settled and permanently living in Canada, and who makes that impression at the border, gets a free pass. BUT the odds are a lot, lot better. Even if the PoE officers see indications the PR might be in breach of the PR by some, a little, the odds appear to still be good the PR (one thought to be settled in Canada) will be more or less easily waived through. It appears that so long as the PR appears to be genuinely settled or on track to be settled in Canada, and is not clearly too seriously in breach of the RO, border officers are still fairly lenient if not generous.

In contrast, a PR who appears to be visiting Canada or otherwise not living in Canada, or otherwise infrequently coming to Canada for relatively short periods of time, has a much greater risk of being examined more extensively, being referred to Secondary and potentially subject to a formal PR RO compliance examination (there are many reports now this is often done by requiring some PRs to complete a written questionnaire in Secondary at the border).

SOME (just some, not anywhere near most) RELEVANT FACTORS:

As noted above, key overriding factors which can have a big influence in whether a PR in breach is referred to Secondary (and thus, if referred to Secondary, then at much higher risk for being Reported), include:
-- possession of a valid PR card; this alone gives the PR better odds of being waived through
-- flagged PRs; flagged PRs are at high risk for a Secondary referral at the PoE
-- appearance (or NOT) of being settled and living in Canada; this is a much bigger factor than many realize, and is a lot more apparent to examining officers than many might realize​

Beyond that, there are numerous other factors with variable influence. Many of these factor into whether the PR appears to be settled and living in Canada but also can be important apart from that (for example, among the most obvious, is the duration of the PR's last absence from Canada, the longer the PR has been abroad the more it is a factor itself tending to raise questions about PR RO compliance but it is also a factor affecting whether the PR appears to be returning to his home in Canada or is coming from a home abroad).

A list of additional factors: For a PR who is in breach of the PR who presents a valid PR card at the PoE, the risk factors include:
-- extent of the breach; the bigger the breach the more the risk of being reported
-- duration of most recent absence; the longer the absence, the greater the risk of a referral to Secondary (absence for three years or more is definitively a breach)
-- apparent enter/exit history; generally the more frequent it appears the PR has been coming and going, the lower the risk of a referral to Secondary BUT the opposite if there is a readily recognized pattern suggesting the PR comes to Canada to visit
-- general indications the PR is living outside Canada (or in Canada); obviously, a PR who is living outside Canada is more likely to fall short of meeting the RO, and thus indications the PR is living outside Canada increases the risk of a referral to Secondary​

Again, the above is but a small sample of more general factors. These are offered as illustrations. It should be easy to extrapolate from these to many other quite obvious factors which can increase or decrease how much it appears the PR might be in breach of the PR RO.

It warrants cautioning that many factors can have variable influences. EXAMPLE: The amount of baggage a PR has upon returning to Canada after a rather long absence can have various implications and thus have variable influence. Arriving with a small amount of baggage after a long absence might contribute to the impression the PR is living abroad and merely visiting Canada, elevating the risk of a Secondary referral and more extensive RO related examination. But arriving with a large amount of baggage including items indicating the PR is coming to Canada to live after a time living abroad, can have MIXED influences; it can indicate the PR has been living abroad so is more likely to be in breach of the RO, BUT it also can indicate the PR is genuinely settling in Canada permanently and should be allowed some leniency EVEN if in breach of the PR RO. How this will go in a particular instance will depend on many other factors, not the least of which is just how much the PR has been abroad, and including, of course, how strict the examining border officer is (so yes, there is some LUCK, just some not a lot).

Edit to Add Recent Entry and Continuing Canadian Ties Factors:

A relatively recent entry into Canada can be a factor which pushes the scales toward a waive through, toward NO referral to Secondary. BUT not always.

I do not want to digress into even more complicated aspects of the factors. BUT extent of continuing ties in Canada is also, itself, a huge factor. HOWEVER it is so broad, and the appearance of being settled permanently in Canada covers most aspects of this factor, and the other factors cover the other aspects, I have been hesitant to specifically discuss it on its own.

But it would be remiss to skip the importance of continuing-ties, or the absence thereof, as a factor which can significantly influence whether there is a waive-through or a referral to Secondary at the PoE. And in many situations (but not all), recent entries into Canada are an indicator of continuing ties in Canada.

(for more direct observations about OP's conclusions, see next post)

Last edited:

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
(continued from previous posts)

More directly in response to OP's conclusions:

There are, indeed, many anecdotal reports from and about PRs who are in breach of the PR Residency Obligation who are, nonetheless, NOT REPORTED when they arrive at a PoE to return to Canada.

BUT IT IS A MISTAKE, OUTRIGHT MISLEADING, TO SUGGEST THIS IS HOW IT "USUALLY" GOES FOR PRs IN BREACH EVEN WHEN THEY HAVE A VALID PR CARD.

It happens. It happens fairly often. BUT PRs in breach of the PR RO are very much at risk for being reported any time they might be examined by CBSA or IRCC . . . and, in particular, this is every time they arrive at a PoE to enter Canada, and every time they have an application processed for a new PR card or for a PR Travel Document.

Prior to 2012 or so, maybe 2010 or 2011, the anecdotal reports, and actual cases officially reported in IAD and Federal Court decisions, did suggest that PRs arriving at a PoE with a VALID PR card had a rather LOW RISK of being examined about compliance with the PR Residency Obligation. That changed due to a broad and intensive crackdown on enforcing immigration laws by the Harper government which specifically included a concerted effort to more strictly enforce the PR Residency Obligation.

Since then there are numerous official IAD decisions illustrating actual cases in which PRs have been Reported, and have lost their appeal, even though they were still within the first five years since landing and had a PR card still valid for MORE than a year, a YEAR and A HALF, right up to some cases where the PR card was valid for ALMOST TWO more years, indicating the PR was only a little in breach of the PR RO. Search for relevant decisions here: https://www.canlii.org/en/ca/irb/

For a PR who landed less than three years prior to his or her arrival at a PoE, there is no PR RO compliance issue. Once three years have passed since landing, the factors I address above loom large in terms of recognizing the RISK of referral to Secondary. The longer the card is still valid for, the better the odds of no referral to Secondary, BUT again, the factors I've discussed play a big role in how it will go.

For example, if it is obvious the PR has been outside Canada for three years since last being in Canada, even if the PR card is still valid for another two years it is obvious the PR has breached the PR RO and a referral to Secondary is very, very likely, and thus the PR has a serious risk of being Reported and losing PR status.

For PRs past the first five years, factors such as those I address above play a much bigger role, bigger than how long the PR card is valid for, in whether or not there is likely to be a referral to Secondary. A relatively recently issued PR card will typically improve the PR's odds of no referral because it suggests IRCC has recently assessed the PR's RO compliance. But that factor is easily overshadowed by other factors, and especially so if it appears the PR is not settled and living permanently in Canada.

BOTTOM-LINE:

A PR in breach of the PR RO is always at RISK of being reported when arriving at a PoE. Even if the PR has a valid PR card in possession. Quantifying the risks is a gambler's game. Some people are in compelling situations which virtually necessitate taking a gamble.

A PR in breach and abroad, who wants to come to Canada and live as a PR, has no choice but to gamble.

Otherwise, make no mistake, going abroad while still in breach of the PR RO is NOT a good bet, NOT a good gamble. To suggest otherwise is MISLEADING. The primary calculation to make is not about weighing the risk of being reported but to balance priorities: is the reason for going abroad a higher priority than keeping PR status.

Sure, it can and often does get a lot more complicated than that. Real life scenarios tend to be complicated, and the decision whether to take a chance can get very complicated. And in some situations one might decide to weigh the risks of being reported against how important the reason for going abroad is. A PR who is only a little in breach and who has in fact settled in Canada, is living in Canada, and whose family is settled and living permanently in Canada, can probably reasonably risk going abroad for three weeks to attend a brother's funeral. Sure. But the variables in real life are many, many, many, and ultimately the decision is for each individual PR (PR in breach of the PR RO) to make for himself or herself.

BUT IT WOULD BE A MISTAKE TO ASSUME HAVING A VALID PR CARD "USUALLY" IS ENOUGH TO NOT BE REPORTED.

Abul K

Dec 11, 2017
I wanted to just share my experience and opinion so that people know I took a huge risk, and because I was so lucky, I urge others never to take such risks. My priorities were different back then and since then have changed.
Dpenabill makes many valid points and I trust his/her opinions.

But the ideal situation would be to get a consultant's opinion no matter how simple or complicated your case may be.

I trust everyone will make the right decisions for their benefit.
Peace.

Shankar6

Apr 28, 2010
I have a question and would really appreciate members's kind guidance on this. I traveled out of Canada with a valid card for a temporary assignment in May 2018. I had applied for renewal of my PR card in March 2018 (expiring in June 2018) but hadn't received it before my travel. I was hoping to receive My PR card before my scheduled return journey on Aug 26, 2018, but due to a name change request there seems to be a delay and I am not sure if I will receive it before my travel date. From the time of my entry in Dec 2012 till date I have met my residency obligations in Canada (1263 days). I am intending to take a ride share from Seattle to Vancouver as I do not drive. Should I be concerned about any problems at the border, since I am doing a ride share in a private vehicle as opposed to driving on my own. I would be grateful for your kind guidance and response which I eagerly await before making my arrangements. Thank you!

bricksonly

Mar 18, 2018
I have a question and would really appreciate members's kind guidance on this. I traveled out of Canada with a valid card for a temporary assignment in May 2018. I had applied for renewal of my PR card in March 2018 (expiring in June 2018) but hadn't received it before my travel. I was hoping to receive My PR card before my scheduled return journey on Aug 26, 2018, but due to a name change request there seems to be a delay and I am not sure if I will receive it before my travel date. From the time of my entry in Dec 2012 till date I have met my residency obligations in Canada (1263 days). I am intending to take a ride share from Seattle to Vancouver as I do not drive. Should I be concerned about any problems at the border, since I am doing a ride share in a private vehicle as opposed to driving on my own. I would be grateful for your kind guidance and response which I eagerly await before making my arrangements. Thank you!
You are 100% fine. Tell the officer what's happened and they have all your data in their system. Everything matches, you go.

bricksonly

Mar 18, 2018
Hello,

Do you work in Canada?

Abul K
If I'd be the officer I will let you go too. I think you didn't hide anything. You were taking the risk to take an important exam (positive point) and you could stay safe in Canada if you were passitive. You expressed yourself an honest and positive person. I like this. The rule is the rule, and is designed to be flexible for good will. Good job!