+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My ex broke up with me when I moved to Canada

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pharoh said:
Thank you guys, I am sure that s/he is going to come back again. May be s/he is bepolar... We have to get the hammer ready so we can drop it on her/his toes.....Ouch!

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
u gotta move on. she found soemone else. maybe she did a wrong thing, but u cant get money from her cause of that. she didnt break any law did she?
from some point it might even sound that: u were sick, no job, she sponsored u, u lived with her parents. its like u were getting benefit cause of her. maybe not in bad way.
but now cause she left u, u want to get money from her. that doesnt sound right either.
gotta look for a job and adjust here. or go home and look for job there. nothing else to do. best fo luck. hope u deal with it.

sieb

May 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2010
AOR Received.
07-07-2010
Med's Done....
07-11-2009
Heartbroke,

Though it won't be easy, the best thing is to move on.
I've had the same thing happen to me. During the applicationprocess (outland) my wife decided to end the process, cleaned out my bankaccount and garbaged all of my stuff. And started a relationship with someone else. As I already gave up my job and house I had to start all over again back home.
It is still tough but at the end of the day it may be better this way. No sense in staying in a relationship that isn't meant to be.
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Good luck!

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asta said:
u gotta move on. she found soemone else. maybe she did a wrong thing, but u cant get money from her cause of that. she didnt break any law did she?
from some point it might even sound that: u were sick, no job, she sponsored u, u lived with her parents. its like u were getting benefit cause of her. maybe not in bad way.
but now cause she left u, u want to get money from her. that doesnt sound right either.
gotta look for a job and adjust here. or go home and look for job there. nothing else to do. best fo luck. hope u deal with it.
What are you waiting for? Drop the hammer on his toes, he will move...

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sieb said:
Heartbroke,

Though it won't be easy, the best thing is to move on.
I've had the same thing happen to me. During the applicationprocess (outland) my wife decided to end the process, cleaned out my bankaccount and garbaged all of my stuff. And started a relationship with someone else. As I already gave up my job and house I had to start all over again back home.
It is still tough but at the end of the day it may be better this way. No sense in staying in a relationship that isn't meant to be.
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Good luck!
Wow! We were in the same boat but I did not give up and now I am here where I can see a light at the end of the tunnel.

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
beauhoe said:
What are you waiting for? Drop the hammer on his toes, he will move...
u are really funny! you made me smile at the end of a very long hard day at work! :) :)

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HoneyBird said:
u are really funny! you made me smile at the end of a very long hard day at work! :) :)
I can read in the sky this phrase: "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED". That is the reason why I am here.
Cheers my friend,

sierra_rose

Jun 15, 2010
There is one very important factor in all of this.His wife signed an undertaking when she sponsored him here,she promised immigration canada that she will be responsible for him for the 3 year duration and he will not go on welfare.it seems she has forgotten that promise in short order.i don't know what has gone on in their relationship,but if she no longer want to married to him,she should at least try to help if she can.if he goes to welfare,then she has defaulted on her sponsorship agreement. it will come right back to her later,she will have to repay whatever money he gets from the government,and can never sponsor again until such time when she has reimbursed the government and believe me,it does not go away.i wish you good luck.

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
me....errrrr five is it???

and what kind of hammer????

Look seriously, there are lots of jobs out there, if you truly wanted to work you could do. I have a Phd....when I needed to work I took anything, anyone offered me that gave me a LMO and work visa. It was in retail and no one was bothered that I was too qualified either.

So if I can do it, anyone can. Right now, with the Xmas season coming up as well, everyone is hiring even temporary so there should be no problem what so ever getting a job.

Hycore

Star Member
Dec 12, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2010
AOR Received.
did not receive any
Med's Done....
March 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov.09, 2010
heartbroke said:

"I had a hard time adjusting in Canada and was not the best boyfriend"

Later, he stated that:

" my ex used me and made me lose everything I had."

I personally don't think it is fair to place all the blame on your ex, when you clearly stated in your first post that you were not being the best boyfriend. So, if she left you, due to your own behaviour, she doesn't owe you anything. Also, I find it completely difficult to believe that she used you and made you lose everything. You are an adult and you, along with her made the decision to leave your country and everything there. She didn't make you do it, she didn't hold a gun to you and make you come to Canada. So, my advice, quit looking for someone else to blame, accept what happened, get a job and move on.

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
angelbrat said:
me....errrrr five is it???

and what kind of hammer????
any kind, Angelbrat haha

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sierra_rose said:
There is one very important factor in all of this.His wife signed an undertaking when she sponsored him here,she promised immigration canada that she will be responsible for him for the 3 year duration and he will not go on welfare.it seems she has forgotten that promise in short order.
That is because she dealt with it like a cell phone contract, do not read it, sign the form and get the instant gratification, - now she is bored and wants a free upgrade :)

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
Baloo said:
That is because she dealt with it like a cell phone contract, do not read it, sign the form and get the instant gratification, - now she is bored and wants a free upgrade :)
oh lol! too funny. recently this forum has its perks...i have been smiling all week with the cracks you guys make! thanks! i needed it...i was on some stressful days at work!

mrs B

Star Member
Dec 5, 2009
heartbroke said:
Poland, I am not from Poland. I am not Linda's ex boyfriend. I just though it was strange that she sounds like my ex, but is not. Listen Honeybird, you don't understand what I'm saying. My problem is that returning back home would only mean one thing, that is my ex used me and made me lose everything I had. Staying in Canada would mean that I'm here to stay and fight this. I want to survive here, I love it here even though it has been the loneliest time of my life.

Yeah, I moved here because I loved my partner to death. I still love her and hope that she sees in her heart that I love her and don't to make her life a living hell.

I'm not returning home because again health care in the USA is expensive. I don't have healthcare there and returning without a job would mean I would be heavily in debt. I suffer from a few medical conditions that need attention. I'm looking for work here and trust me every job has hundred of applicants. I have lost so much weigh because I don't have anything to eat- but I drink a ensure a day to keep me ticking at least.

Yes, my family back home don't care about me because they always warned me this decision was wrong. I already owe my father 7K dollars and he has nothing else to give. That was his savings......
sounds like you realy want to stay in Canada, Wellll if thats true get a JOB, dont expect an EX to take care of things, and dont come to a country expecting to go on WELFARE , if you want to make it in life youre gonna have to take care of things yourself, and NOT expect a country to do so....