+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My current marital status is single or divorced?

blancajose

Jul 1, 2020
My apologies for posting a question about a topic that has being discussed extensively, but I didn't find the answer in the previous threads.
I am applying for a visitor extension and I can't find the right term for my marital status:
I was in in a common law relationship for several years (From 2011, but we never got married, that relationship ended in the beginning of 2018, it was reported to Immigration canada when I got my Visa)
I am currently living in Canada with my fiance for 6 months, so still no a common law relationship.
My question is:
What is my current marital status???
Single: This means that you have never been married and are not in a common law relationship.
Divorced: This means that you are officially separated and have legally ended your marriage.

I am a bit overwhelmed with the all process, and I do not want to make a mistake.
I appreciate your attention.

mashulia_26

Apr 6, 2018
My apologies for posting a question about a topic that has being discussed extensively, but I didn't find the answer in the previous threads.
I am applying for a visitor extension and I can't find the right term for my marital status:
I was in in a common law relationship for several years (From 2011, but we never got married, that relationship ended in the beginning of 2018, it was reported to Immigration canada when I got my Visa)
I am currently living in Canada with my fiance for 6 months, so still no a common law relationship.
My question is:
Single: This means that you have never been married and are not in a common law relationship.
Divorced: This means that you are officially separated and have legally ended your marriage.

I am a bit overwhelmed with the all process, and I do not want to make a mistake.
I'm not sure but I think you answered your own question lol

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
My question is:

You're single.