+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Citizenship Interview Process Today

Andame

Nov 22, 2018
Emailed you the form brother.

And reg. your query. I'd say there's very little chance that they'd try to see your kid's passports. This is b'coz minors do not need to meet the residency requirements. However, I'd suggest you to carry their passports as well, but without having their stamps translated. Just in case the IO asks and you're caught unprepared. You can always say that since the kids didn't receive their "Notices to Appear" - you didn't get their stamps translated, but if the IO wants you can mail him/her the translations. This could likely get you a sympathetic waiver.
How are you qorax, great post and lots of knowledge, I have a question and would be great if you can advise, before I came to Canada as a PR. Juy 2015 I had my old passport but unfortunately it is fallen with the last 5 years, so it is required to be presented during interview, however I don't have with me in Canada and I will ask to be sent from back home if they still can find it,( it was expired 6 months before I came to Canada ), so m question to you is if they can send me this old passport then do I need to translate the stamps on it which goes to almost 10 years back? and if they couldn't find the passport for me would that create any problems during the interview?

appreciate your answer as I m totally confused !

Reactions: qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
How are you qorax, great post and lots of knowledge, I have a question and would be great if you can advise, before I came to Canada as a PR. Juy 2015 I had my old passport but unfortunately it is fallen with the last 5 years, so it is required to be presented during interview, however I don't have with me in Canada and I will ask to be sent from back home if they still can find it,( it was expired 6 months before I came to Canada ), so m question to you is if they can send me this old passport then do I need to translate the stamps on it which goes to almost 10 years back? and if they couldn't find the passport for me would that create any problems during the interview?

appreciate your answer as I m totally confused !
You have to carry each and every passport that falls within the eligibility period. And if they have immigration stamps in languages other than English &/or French - they have to be translated as well.

cursor18

May 31, 2015
You have to carry each and every passport that falls within the eligibility period. And if they have immigration stamps in languages other than English &/or French - they have to be translated as well.
quick question on that, if the immigration stamp is for a period outside of 4 year period, does it still need to be translated?
eg. my 4 year eligibility period is from Mar2015-Mar2019 and the stamp was June2014. Do you reckon its still needs to be translated?

Edit: its a UAE stamp on june2014, with "exit" and "entry" written in english. But the rest on the stamp is arabic. Any good recommendations for translations in Toronto (besides Google searches)? Too many Qs, but thanks for any answers. Cheers

Last edited:

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
quick question on that, if the immigration stamp is for a period outside of 4 year period, does it still need to be translated?
eg. my 4 year eligibility period is from Mar2015-Mar2019 and the stamp was June2014. Do you reckon its still needs to be translated?

Edit: its a UAE stamp on june2014, with "exit" and "entry" written in english. But the rest on the stamp is arabic. Any good recommendations for translations in Toronto (besides Google searches)? Too many Qs, but thanks for any answers. Cheers
UAE stamps needs no translation. If you have Saudi etc get it translated.

canvan14

May 8, 2014

Technically speaking any stamps outside the eligibility period shouldn't be checked. But they might have been on the same pages with others that are within the eligibility period and some people got called out for not having them translated by the officer during their interview. I recommend all stamps, whether within eligibility period or not, should be translated to avoid any issues.

Reactions: YazCanada

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010

a) If that date is clear in Gregorian calendar ~ No need. Else, get it translated.
b) As KRP correctly opined, UAE stamps do not need translation.

Reactions: cursor18

Leaf-fan

Dec 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
Doc's Request.
29-07-2015
AOR Received.
4-3-2015
File Transfer...
10-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-11-2014
Interview........
None. App Denied September 2015. Appeal Allowed August 2016.
Passport Req..
19-1-2017
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 6-3-17
LANDED..........
24-3-17
Hi qorax, could I please have a copy of your Entry/Exit form as well? E-mail address is eptuttle@gmail.com. Many thanks.

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
Hi Qorax Bro, Recently came across your You Tube videos under user name Qorax Stan. Great videos.