+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Citizenship Interview Process Today

forumnewbie

Star Member
Feb 16, 2018
When you appear for your test/interview, do they have a list of all attendees and they check you against that list when you sign in?

ChippyBoy

Dec 5, 2016
When you appear for your test/interview, do they have a list of all attendees and they check you against that list when you sign in?
Yup, they did that here this morning. They delayed the start of the Test so that latecomers could have a chance to get in before they closed the exam room doors. Meanwhile, I'm busting to pee and thinking damn the stragglers.

Reactions: vasvas and qorax

tamu_anand

May 23, 2017
Quick question to everybody on this thread and the forum:

the citizenship applicant here is my 80 yr old elderly parent who will benefit with my assistance inside the IRCC building (Scarborough office). Does anyone know if they would allow me inside the Immigration Office along with my parent.

Can anyone share their experience along these lines

Thanks in advance..

Reactions: qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Quick question to everybody on this thread and the forum:

the citizenship applicant here is my 80 yr old elderly parent who will benefit with my assistance inside the IRCC building (Scarborough office). Does anyone know if they would allow me inside the Immigration Office along with my parent.

Thanks in advance..
1. It is permitted to take an Interpreter / Assistant (including from one's family) during citizenship interviews under certain conditions. Pls read >this< for the official info.
2. During my interview I had observed one senior gentleman in the next desk being assisted by his daughter.
3. The process requires you (the interpreter/assistant) to pre-notify IRCC of your visitation with the applicant. However, the required form, "Information on Accompanying Persons and Interpreters form" cannot be found online. Nonetheless, >here< is a member on this very forum posting the same.
4. The process also intimates "an IRCC official will require the accompanying person to fill out and sign the Accompanying Person Declaration and Interpreter’s Oath form in his/her presence" during the interview. This suggests that this action might supersede the previous requirement, however it is not guaranteed by me.
5. I'd send a webform asap intimating my presence along with my parent and request them for any prerequisite form/format to be heeded.

BOTTOMLINE: A relative is allowed to accompany as interpreter/assistant during the interview. I've observed it myself.

Last edited:

tamu_anand

May 23, 2017
1. It is permitted to take an Interpreter / Assistant (including from one's family) during citizenship interviews under certain conditions. Pls read >this< for the official info.
2. During my interview I had observed one senior gentleman in the next desk being assisted by his daughter.
3. The process requires you (the interpreter/assistant) to pre-notify IRCC of your visitation with the applicant. However, the required form, "Information on Accompanying Persons and Interpreters form" cannot be found online. Nonetheless, >here< is a member on this very forum posting the same.
4. The process also intimates "an IRCC official will require the accompanying person to fill out and sign the Accompanying Person Declaration and Interpreter’s Oath form in his/her presence" during the interview. This suggests that this action might supersede the previous requirement, however it is not guaranteed by me.
5. I'd send a webform asap intimating my presence along with my parent and request them for any prerequisite form/format to be heeded.

BOTTOMLINE: A relative is allowed to accompany as interpreter/assistant during the interview. I've observed it myself.
Thanks a lot Qorax. Can you please elaborate/guide me when you say "I'd send a webform asap"

How does one send a webform

punk

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ly parent who will benefit with my assistance inside the IRCC building (Scarborough office). Does anyone know if they would allow me inside the Immigration Office along with my parent.

MODS - Is it possible to merge all the interview experience threads ?