London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Last edited:

wolfpack27616

Apr 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@qorax Congrats on your interview. Thanks a lot for the detailed description about your experience.

Your tip about parking at Cineplex came in very useful. I had my test today at 10:15 and parked it at Cineplex. While walking to the test centre, I noticed that their (test centre) parking lot was full. You ended up saving me some $ as well as potential stress!

I've been a long time reader of your posts, and have benefited a lot- especially during my PR applications. Thanks for all the help/assistance you give to everybody!

Reactions: qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
@qorax Congrats on your interview. Thanks a lot for the detailed description about your experience.

Your tip about parking at Cineplex came in very useful. I had my test today at 10:15 and parked it at Cineplex. While walking to the test centre, I noticed that their (test centre) parking lot was full. You ended up saving me some $ as well as potential stress!

I've been a long time reader of your posts, and have benefited a lot- especially during my PR applications. Thanks for all the help/assistance you give to everybody!
Thank you for those warm words my friend.

Reactions: wolfpack27616

wolfpack27616

Apr 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
End Note: Even tho it is a document check and ID verification exercise, it still is an interview. And as with all interviews we need to dress well, appropriately. And maintain a professional demeanour alongwith extreme courtesy. Your attire, preparedness and positivity makes a difference.)
+1

Appearance and positive body language really helps your case. I wore a business suit (without a tie), and felt a bit overdressed, especially there were lots of people in sweatpants and shorts. But, I really think it helped my case during the interview- which felt more like a conversation and document check than an interview.

To people who are about to have their tests/interview soon, for the test- make sure you read "Discover Canada" twice and take as many practice tests as possible.

For the interview- have the documents (it would me mentioned in the whiteboard in that room) ready when your name is called. Smile, make eye contact and speak slowly and clearly.

Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: qorax