+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

my citizenship application in Calgary, uneventful procedure

snowcan

Jul 26, 2018
Application sent out in 02/2018;
IP in early 03/2018;

Towards late 06/2018. I received an email to take the test in early July. On the exact day of my scheduled test, I started to develop a pretty bad fever, very likely caused by the dental work that was done the previous afternoon. I was left with no other options but to write an email to IRCC, very hesitantly, describing my situation. I also attached the dental claim form. After my email was sent out, I browsed a couple forums (not here), and saw someone posting his/er experience of having to wait 4 months to be re-scheduled for the 2nd test.

While I was mentally trying to persuade myself of anticipating a long wait, my phone rang, ~ 2 hrs after my email to IRCC was sent. I could hear, the other side was a very nice and considerate lady, she expressed her understanding, and immediately rescheduled my interview/test to a date 2 weeks later. I was really happy about the quick reply. Not sure if this was just my good luck or the Calgary office is always like that.

Two weeks later, I went to Harry Hays. To get around the hassle of finding a parking spot, my husband drove me there. I entered the building at ~ 9:45 am. Following a quick check-in, I was seated in the test room, along with ~30 people.

The test started a couple minutes after 10 am. It was about 10:10, when finished all the questions and checked all the answers once. I turned my papers in, and sat close to the exit, waiting for my name to be called.

Close to 10:20, my name was called. I went to the interview desks, they were the same three desks where people checked in.

5 minutes later, my name was called. The lady behind the desk asked about my tooth. I quickly realized her voice, asking, "it was you who called me two weeks ago?" She nodded with a smile, very friendly. She then showed my score, 20/20.

The rest was pretty much the same as what other people posted here. My documents were checked, the passport stamps were matched with the presence calculator.

It's worth mentioning that I made two small mistakes in the original presence form that was submitted. (I had no clue at all how I made those two stupid mistakes when entering numbers in the on-line calculator) I realized those mistakes AFTER my application was submitted, so I made a new one with the right dates and brought it with me to the interview. I gave the new one to the nice lady, she compared and matched everything out. A couple of questions about life and work, then she said the ceremony would be scheduled, and that's it.

The time I called my husband to pick me up was 10:36 am.

The next day, the online status of my application changed to DM. But my son's is still IP as of now, hope it is not something concerning.

Overall, the Calgary IRCC office has been pretty responsive, and people are nice too. :)

Last edited:

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
But my son's is still IP as of now, hope it is not something concerning.
Nothing to worry about. It's a common situation. Kids stay on IP until the oath, because their application is tied to their parents' ones.
Both of you will get the oath invitation at the same time regardless of the ECAS status of your son.

Wishing you good luck with the last step of this little journey :)

snowcan

Jul 26, 2018
Both my child and I received notice to ceremony today, to appear in late August.

So, from early Feb to late August, we are approach this little journey's end.

Good luck for everyone else.

Reactions: qorax

Calgaryapp1990

Apr 14, 2016
Both my child and I received notice to ceremony today, to appear in late August.

Excellent news - congrats once again! May I know the date you appeared for the test/interview? I did my test on 25 July in Calgary and got DM the next day. Waiting to receive an oath invitation.

bbears27

Star Member
Oct 6, 2017

First of all, congratulations! Your family is very very lucky to have been processed so fast at Calgary office. Considering you have applied just in February.

Most of Calgarians' January applicants have not received test invite yet, according to the spreasheet. I received it a week ago with test scheduled still on Sept 27th. That messed up with my travel plans. I should say, I got a bit frustrated.

I don't understand how they process apps but it's still great to know at they are moving and other applicants are receiving good news! :)

Congratulations again!

bbears27

Star Member
Oct 6, 2017
Excellent news - congrats once again! May I know the date you appeared for the test/interview? I did my test on 25 July in Calgary and got DM the next day. Waiting to receive an oath invitation.
Hi, when did you apply?

Congrats for having done the test! You're almost there!

snowcan

Jul 26, 2018
Thanks. This is what this forum is for, right? exchanging information so we kinda get some idea about this sort of "black box" process...
I guess our case is relatively straightforward.

Although I do not understand why your test was scheduled to late September, it IS a good news.

First of all, congratulations! Your family is very very lucky to have been processed so fast at Calgary office. Considering you have applied just in February.

Most of Calgarians' January applicants have not received test invite yet, according to the spreasheet. I received it a week ago with test scheduled still on Sept 27th. That messed up with my travel plans. I should say, I got a bit frustrated.

I don't understand how they process apps but it's still great to know at they are moving and other applicants are receiving good news! :)

Congratulations again!

bbears27

Star Member
Oct 6, 2017
Thanks. This is what this forum is for, right? exchanging information so we kinda get some idea about this sort of "black box" process...
I guess our case is relatively straightforward.

Although I do not understand why your test was scheduled to late September, it IS a good news.

Yes it is! I'm still lucky to have the scheduled test already although it's still by end of September. I'm one of the first Calgary January apps on the spreadsheet to receive the invite. I guess we will never understand how they process ;-)

sonu_rp

Feb 17, 2011
I also did my test on 25 July in Calgary and got DM next day. Now waiting to receive an oath invitation.

sonu_rp

Feb 17, 2011
Same here, i also did my test on 25 July in Calgary and got DM next day. Now waiting to receive an oath invitation.

flywith2010

Star Member
Mar 14, 2013
Application sent out in 02/2018;
IP in early 03/2018;

Towards late 06/2018. I received an email to take the test in early July. On the exact day of my scheduled test, I started to develop a pretty bad fever, very likely caused by the dental work that was done the previous afternoon. I was left with no other options but to write an email to IRCC, very hesitantly, describing my situation. I also attached the dental claim form. After my email was sent out, I browsed a couple forums (not here), and saw someone posting his/er experience of having to wait 4 months to be re-scheduled for the 2nd test.

While I was mentally trying to persuade myself of anticipating a long wait, my phone rang, ~ 2 hrs after my email to IRCC was sent. I could hear, the other side was a very nice and considerate lady, she expressed her understanding, and immediately rescheduled my interview/test to a date 2 weeks later. I was really happy about the quick reply. Not sure if this was just my good luck or the Calgary office is always like that.

Two weeks later, I went to Harry Hays. To get around the hassle of finding a parking spot, my husband drove me there. I entered the building at ~ 9:45 am. Following a quick check-in, I was seated in the test room, along with ~30 people.

The test started a couple minutes after 10 am. It was about 10:10, when finished all the questions and checked all the answers once. I turned my papers in, and sat close to the exit, waiting for my name to be called.

Close to 10:20, my name was called. I went to the interview desks, they were the same three desks where people checked in.

5 minutes later, my name was called. The lady behind the desk asked about my tooth. I quickly realized her voice, asking, "it was you who called me two weeks ago?" She nodded with a smile, very friendly. She then showed my score, 20/20.

The rest was pretty much the same as what other people posted here. My documents were checked, the passport stamps were matched with the presence calculator.

It's worth mentioning that I made two small mistakes in the original presence form that was submitted. (I had no clue at all how I made those two stupid mistakes when entering numbers in the on-line calculator) I realized those mistakes AFTER my application was submitted, so I made a new one with the right dates and brought it with me to the interview. I gave the new one to the nice lady, she compared and matched everything out. A couple of questions about life and work, then she said the ceremony would be scheduled, and that's it.

The time I called my husband to pick me up was 10:36 am.

The next day, the online status of my application changed to DM. But my son's is still IP as of now, hope it is not something concerning.

Overall, the Calgary IRCC office has been pretty responsive, and people are nice too. :)
Hello - Did you signed any form during interview ? One of my friend has been asked to sign a form and he is worried if everything is good or not ?
he also mentioned that officer wrote his exam score on that form and asked to sign. Its white form.
Thanks in advance.