05-07-2016
File Transfer...
12-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-05-2016
Passport Req..
12-10-2016
Hi,

Just a quick question (as I have been trying to find a similar question on this forum but I haven't been successful).

My husband received the passport request email with 2 photos BUT the background check on myCIC still says that it has 'not started'.

Nothing has changed on ECAS either. Is this normal? I know CIC might be a bit slow at certain things but what I got from mostly everyone who has gotten the passport request email, that their background checks were started.

Is there any way this can be an error?? That they accidentally sent out the PPR to early???

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Cheers!!!

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
this is quite common. ECAS and MyCIC are not reliable sources for knowing what's going on with your file. there are many people who never receive status updates in ECAS. I can't speak to MyCIC reliability since it's new, however i will take a guess it is also not updated regularly.

It's important not to go by what is in or what is not in ECAS or MyCIC. The applicant wants to go by what is sent by CIC. If they sent a PPR, then that is where their application process is at. More than likely, background checks will not be "completed" until right before approval as it is generally the last step in the process.

Updates not being made in ECAS or MyCIC is no indication of application status. all it means is the officer did not update the system.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
MyCIC is updated real-time according to all that CIC published on it.

aylar10

Jun 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-09-2016
File Transfer...
27-09-2016 (SA)
Med's Done....
30-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2016
LANDED..........
10-11-2016
AladdinsGirl said:
Hi,

Just a quick question (as I have been trying to find a similar question on this forum but I haven't been successful).

My husband received the passport request email with 2 photos BUT the background check on myCIC still says that it has 'not started'.

Nothing has changed on ECAS either. Is this normal? I know CIC might be a bit slow at certain things but what I got from mostly everyone who has gotten the passport request email, that their background checks were started.

Is there any way this can be an error?? That they accidentally sent out the PPR to early???

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Cheers!!!
Check to see if your ECAS is updated. We got PPR, the same day as yours and they just updated the ECAS to decision made.

AladdinsGirl

Dec 3, 2014
Cairo, Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2016
AOR Received.
05-07-2016
File Transfer...
12-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-05-2016
Passport Req..
12-10-2016
aylar10 said:
Check to see if your ECAS is updated. We got PPR, the same day as yours and they just updated the ECAS to decision made.
Nope, nothing......I check everyday. Maybe tomorrow since Friday/Saturday is the weekend here.
I expect the background check to at least say "started" or "in progress".
I checked the CIC website and everything looks good.
My husband arrives on Tuesday so he will courier his passport with the 2 pictures then. Hopefully it won't take long to get the passport back, since he has to go back to work ASAP.

Keep me updated on your situation :)

AladdinsGirl

Dec 3, 2014
Cairo, Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2016
AOR Received.
05-07-2016
File Transfer...
12-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-05-2016
Passport Req..
12-10-2016
CDNPR2014 said:
this is quite common. ECAS and MyCIC are not reliable sources for knowing what's going on with your file. there are many people who never receive status updates in ECAS. I can't speak to MyCIC reliability since it's new, however i will take a guess it is also not updated regularly.

It's important not to go by what is in or what is not in ECAS or MyCIC. The applicant wants to go by what is sent by CIC. If they sent a PPR, then that is where their application process is at. More than likely, background checks will not be "completed" until right before approval as it is generally the last step in the process.

Updates not being made in ECAS or MyCIC is no indication of application status. all it means is the officer did not update the system.
Thank you for the info, hopefully that is the case :)

profiler said:
MyCIC is updated real-time according to all that CIC published on it.
I personally think it's unreliable, it's only as good as the person who inputs the information :)

aylar10

Jun 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-09-2016
File Transfer...
27-09-2016 (SA)
Med's Done....
30-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2016
LANDED..........
10-11-2016
AladdinsGirl said:
Nope, nothing......I check everyday. Maybe tomorrow since Friday/Saturday is the weekend here.
I expect the background check to at least say "started" or "in progress".
I checked the CIC website and everything looks good.
My husband arrives on Tuesday so he will courier his passport with the 2 pictures then. Hopefully it won't take long to get the passport back, since he has to go back to work ASAP.

Keep me updated on your situation :)
I will..
The most important thing is that you got the PPR email.. your visa officer could be a lazy one who doesn't bother to update anything :) hopefully, you'll have your visa soon and can come home for Christmas. Enjoy the warm weather in Egypt :)

AladdinsGirl

Dec 3, 2014
Cairo, Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2016
AOR Received.
05-07-2016
File Transfer...
12-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-05-2016
Passport Req..
12-10-2016
aylar10 said:
I will..
The most important thing is that you got the PPR email.. your visa officer could be a lazy one who doesn't bother to update anything :) hopefully, you'll have your visa soon and can come home for Christmas. Enjoy the warm weather in Egypt :)
I'm actually leaving Monday night for the long flight back home, so I have to say goodbye to this lovely (hot) weather until the beginning of February!!
And I'm pretty sure they don't update myCIC or ECAS much from this end, it's a different work ethic over here :p