+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Cic Photograph help?? please

t_p

Sep 20, 2016
Hi Guys...need some help around the digital photo scan, this is what I see for all visa applications in CIC's website -

The following must be included on the back of one photo:
The name and complete address of the photo studio and the date the photo was taken. The photographer may use a stamp or handwrite this information. Stick-on labels are unacceptable.
Your guarantor must clearly write: "I certify this to be a true likeness of (applicant's name)" and sign (guarantor’s name and surname). If you are renewing an adult passport, a guarantor is not needed.

Now as we all know for e-APR, we do have to submit a digital photo, would this photographer's stamp as well as guarantor's name and surname at the back holds true even for e-APR applications, getting a perfectly scanned photo itself is becoming a challenge, I'm wondering if I need to get the back also filled with the above and scan it in the same doc? How can I do that for jpeg. they mention that it shouldn't be a PDF.

chew118

Jul 24, 2017
Thank you for your email correspondence to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) mailbox.

You are only required to scan/upload the front of your photograph. You must ensure that your photograph meets the following specifications:

• Dimensions: final frame size of the photo must be at least 35mm by 45mm (1 3/8” x 1 3/4”), 300dpi or 413 pixels x 531 pixels or greater, showing full front view of the head, with the face in the middle of the photograph and including the top of the shoulders.
  • Head, from chin to crown, must be between 31mm and 36mm (1 1/4” or 1 7/16”).
  • The background of the photo must be white.
  • Note: Photographs that are not clear or are of low-quality will not be accepted.

The maximum file size is 5MB per document with the exception of passport pages which have a maximum file size of 10MB.

It is recommended that you scan your documents at a lower resolution to reduce the size of your documents and allow for a faster upload.

If your document is still too large, you may split the document into smaller documents order to meet the file size limit. While it is recommended that all pages for a specific document are uploaded into one file, you will not be disqualified if you are unable to do so.

We hope this information will assist you. Once again, thank you for your email and for your interest in the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program.

TenzinP

Star Member
Nov 24, 2017
Do. We need to scan the back of the photo as well and send to them.. So. That they can see the proof.. Of the applicant.. M so Con

TenzinP

Star Member
Nov 24, 2017
Yes I have written.. Everything ready.. But my confusion is do I need to scan that as well.. Coz m gonna send through we form

rk12

Feb 23, 2018
@Justin86

Basically you need a Software Like Photo Shop or any Other Image Editing Software to fix the resolution and Dimensions of this Scanned / Digital Camera Picture. BY using that Image Editing Software you should only fix the Resolution and Size as per CIC specs, You should not re-touch that photograph with that software ( e.g Air Brush or any other effects ) .

I checked your Pic which u have uploaded following are my findings.

I think may be in your case file size is not matching with Specs The physical dimensions in pixels must be at least 420 x 540. But your Image has 342 x 480

In your pic Size : 59.7 KB and Size on Disk is 60.0 KB so try to increase the Size a little bit.
Because Server might verify the Size

I hope this helps.

Specs I got from MyCIC :

Dimensions:
• The final frame size of the photo must be at least 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8" x 1 ¾").
• The photographs must show the full front view of the head, with the face in the middle of the photograph, and include the top of the shoulders.
• The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31 mm (1 ¼") and 36 mm (1 7/16").
• Digital dimensions are often expressed in pixels or DPI (dots per inch). The physical dimensions in pixels must be at least 420 x 540.
Quality/Resolution:
• If an existing photo is being scanned, the minimum resolution must be 600 pixels per inch.
File Format:
• The file may be submitted in JPEG or JPEG2000 format.
File Size:
• The final size of the image should be ideally 240 kB (kilobytes), but not less than 60 kB.
Colour:
• The image must be in color (24 bits per pixel) in sRGB colour space which is the common output for most digital cameras.

Did you also upload the back side of the photo with details of the photographer, name, address and data? As this is not mentioned in their MyCIC specs, but it is mentioned on this page: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html#document_checklist

k0nduire

Star Member
Dec 21, 2015
Did you also upload the back side of the photo with details of the photographer, name, address and data? As this is not mentioned in their MyCIC specs, but it is mentioned on this page: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html#document_checklist
Wondering about this too. Have you gotten an answer yet?

simon.mathai

Jan 6, 2020
Hi All,

The photo specification for PR application says:
  • File size: approximately 240 kB, no more than 4 MB.
Does it mean the digital photo has to be more than 240KB ? The photo which i have taken is just 100KB but well above the resolution they have specified.
Is there any minimum size for Digital photo? Is anyone got rejected because of difference in photo specification?