+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My child visitor record expired how to restore

stoopy

Sep 7, 2022
Hello,

I could not find enough useful information online to answer the question I have, so hope to find some help here.
My daughter's (9yo) status has expired less than 90 days ago and we did not apply for renewing it in time so as I understand restoration process is necessary right now. We were under the wrong impression that she would receive an update on her status automatically as we (her parents) update our work permits.
What are the consequences for us if she will be without status?
And the main question - as far as I understand it is required to fill out IMM5708e to restore visitor record status, however, the form would not let enter the expired date of current status, as well as asking for employment information -- so what should go in there?

Thanks in advance!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

I could not find enough useful information online to answer the question I have, so hope to find some help here.
My daughter's (9yo) status has expired less than 90 days ago and we did not apply for renewing it in time so as I understand restoration process is necessary right now. We were under the wrong impression that she would receive an update on her status automatically as we (her parents) update our work permits.
And the main question - as far as I understand it is required to fill out IMM5708e to restore visitor record status, however, the form would not let enter the expired date of current status, as well as asking for employment information -- so what should go in there?

Thanks in advance!
No there are never any automatic applications. You always need to initiate any applications. Yes you need to apply for restoration as soon as possible followed by study permit.

stoopy

Sep 7, 2022
No there are never any automatic applications. You always need to initiate any applications. Yes you need to apply for restoration as soon as possible followed by study permit.
Thanks for your response. Is there any chance you could advise on what should be specified as the current status and employment for her in that restoration form(IMM5708e if I'm not mistaken)? It would not validate my form without those filled in

charuk369

Oct 11, 2023
Hello,

Thanks in advance!
Hi,

I know its been long, but i am in the same situation. My son passport and visa got expired yesterday. We couldnt extend his visa and we recieved passport today. What steps you took to restore your childs visa and how much time it took. Was she able to attend school till the decision was made?

charuk369

Oct 11, 2023
Hello,

Thanks in advance!
Hi,

I know its been long, but i am in the same situation. My son passport and visa got expired yesterday. We couldnt extend his visa and we recieved passport today. What steps you took to restore your childs visa and how much time it took. Was she able to attend school till the decision was made?