+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Case

Shehram

Jun 20, 2009
Hi

I have specific question for people who can answer them and help me out

I am currently doing MS in TV production from Boston university and will graduate in May 2010

I am originally from Pakistan and hold an MBA and have worked for two years in Program Dvelopment/Management (A leading News Channel in Karachi, Pakistan)

Do I need a job offer from some Canadian firm to qualify for immigration under skilled program?

Should I apply from the US or wait till I go back after finishing my degree(I have to go back coz I am on J1)?

What could be the best possible way to make a successful case?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

quote author=Shehram link=topic=31814.msg194888#msg194888 date=1262549555]
Hi

I have specific question for people who can answer them and help me out

I am currently doing MS in TV production from Boston university and will graduate in May 2010

I am originally from Pakistan and hold an MBA and have worked for two years in Program Dvelopment/Management (A leading News Channel in Karachi, Pakistan)

Do I need a job offer from some Canadian firm to qualify for immigration under skilled program?

Should I apply from the US or wait till I go back after finishing my degree(I have to go back coz I am on J1)?

What could be the best possible way to make a successful case?
[/quote]

Unless you have at least one years experience in one the occupations on the "list" http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2008/2008-11-28a.asp then you don't qualify (unless you have worked or studied in Canada or have a job offer in Canada). If you have a certified job offer, then it depends when you degree will be finished. (The processing will take at least 10-14 months.)

PMM

PMM