Interview........
31-01-2011
Passport Req..
31-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
31-01-2011
LANDED..........
01-02-2011
I wanted to write about my experience in Buffalo with my interview to help other people understand the process I went through and timeline. 1st I was notified by mail that I would have an interview and that it would take place in Buffalo, NY but not date was given on the letter for the actual interview. I was surprised to see Buffalo as an interview location since it is NOT listed as an option in the application and I had actually selected Detroit as an interview location when I applied. 1 month later I received an e-mail that stated my interview date and time which was 1 1/2months later. So total time line from 1st notice of interview to date of interview was 2 1/2 months. A few days later I received a letter with further instructions about the interview. MOST IMPORTANT in the letter I had to check the box indicating I WOULD attend the interview I then had to fax this to special fax #. The fax MUST be received at least 2 weeks prior to the interview or they will cancel the interview. The letter also included a list of things they wanted at the interview including addition proof of my relationship and original documents of passport, birth cert, divorce decree, and marriage cert.

Date of Interview.
The interview was scheduled for 1pm and started at 1:30pm. It took place in a booth with a door and I was separated from the IO with glass and had an opening to pass papers back and forth. I did NOT have to go through any special security clearance before the interview I only had to show my passport and Interview letter to the security officer to gain access to the consulate and to the receptionist. Interview involved answering questions about my relationship (how it began, marriage, and life since) It was very straight forward and the whole interview lasted about 1 hour including waiting for the IO to review my documents. I was informed at the end of the interview that she was satisfied that the relationship was genuine.
Since I had lived in Canada for more than 6 months while my application was being processed I was informed that I would need to have a RCMP background check done. The IO said she could submit it and it should come back in 3-5days and then after it that I would get an e-mail informing me I could submit my passport for my Visa. I asked if that meant that I would have to return to Buffalo for my visa and she told me that no I could mail my passport to them. After further discussion and explanation of my situation (I am currently 35 ½ weeks pregnant and have been waiting on my PR to be able to get health insurance for my pregnancy from Quebec) she offered to submit the RCMP check right away and have me wait to see if it would come back right away. I then waited 1 hr and was called back in with the good news the RCMP went through and she had issued my visa.
FYI I did not need to submit any more pictures for my visa they used the pictures I had already submitted. Also if you will be staying in Canada while your PR is processed and are in Canada for more that 6 months I would order a RCMP background check and bring it with to the interview so you will not be delayed further to get you visa. I think I was lucky that they were able to do it so fast.
I hope this information is useful for people in a similar situation.

Stumpedmom

Sep 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/03/2011 Receivd CPC-M
AOR Received.
16/06/2011
File Transfer...
06/05/2011 Received in Buffalo, 06/2011 to Los Angeles
Med's Done....
12/10/2010
Interview........
waived...obviously cuz we got the PPR
Passport Req..
16/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
24/8/2011 in our hands 8/29/2011
LANDED..........
3/9/2011
Congrats...glad it went easy and they were able to issue you your visa!! That's amazing news, finally and end to your means!!!!

jmni1

Star Member
Apr 8, 2010
USA
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
31-01-2011
Passport Req..
31-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
31-01-2011
LANDED..........
01-02-2011
Thanks for your reply yes I am happy to finally be done with immigration and to finally have health insurance so all I have to concentrate on now is having the baby.

Patricksgirls

Star Member
Oct 31, 2010
I am glad that she did the RCMP check for you there. Not sure why they don't do this anyway since you are right you would have to either mail the passport or go back there again for the visa. Congratulations on the PR!