+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

my brother-dependent child

fiveyears

Jan 12, 2011
Hi,

Please help me to see my case, I sponsored my parents and my brother(17 years old in 2005 when i applied). now my brother just graduated from university this year and find a job.

1. what he earned is not enough to support himself.
2. at the time he applied, he is under 22, it is the processing time extended

"Dependent children must meet the above requirements both on the day the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-M), Ontario, receives a complete sponsorship application and, without taking into account whether they have attained 22 years of age, on the day a visa is issued to them." does this mean, he is disqualified now?

Attached:
A. is under the age of 22 and not married or in a common-law relationship; or

B. married or entered into a common-law relationship before the age 22 and, since becoming a spouse or a common-law partner, has

been continuously enrolled and in attendance as full-time students in a post secondary institution accredited by the relevant government authority and
depended substantially on the financial support of a parent; or
is 22 years of age or older and, since before the age of 22, has

been continuously enrolled and in attendance as full-time students in a post secondary institution accredited by the relevant government authority and
C. is 22 years of age or older, has depended substantially on the financial support of a parent since before the age of 22 and is unable to provide for him/herself due to a medical condition.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fiveyears said:
Hi,

Please help me to see my case, I sponsored my parents and my brother(17 years old in 2005 when i applied). now my brother just graduated from university this year and find a job.

1. what he earned is not enough to support himself.
2. at the time he applied, he is under 22, it is the processing time extended

"Dependent children must meet the above requirements both on the day the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-M), Ontario, receives a complete sponsorship application and, without taking into account whether they have attained 22 years of age, on the day a visa is issued to them." does this mean, he is disqualified now?

Attached:
A. is under the age of 22 and not married or in a common-law relationship; or

B. married or entered into a common-law relationship before the age 22 and, since becoming a spouse or a common-law partner, has

is 22 years of age or older and, since before the age of 22, has

C. is 22 years of age or older, has depended substantially on the financial support of a parent since before the age of 22 and is unable to provide for him/herself due to a medical condition.
No, he's not disqualified now as his age was locked in as of the date the application was received. However, he should not get married or enter into a common-law relationship.

fiveyears

Jan 12, 2011
Thanks rjessome for your promote respond. he doesn't have a grilfriend yet so that is good. But still I am worried because his status right now is working instead full time study....

fiveyears

Jan 12, 2011
Hi,

online waiting!

my parents received a letter. It request to submit my brother's family form, completed immigration form and "unmarried" certificate. he will fill the history since the age of 18. I see from other post, once he left the school and he worked, he will be disqualified. Can anyone let me know if this is true?

many thanks

dcams

Feb 3, 2011
@fiveyears: hi! looks like your brother & i are in the same situation. our application is under family (parents & sibilings) sponsorship. my sister submitted the application when i was 21. i am now 25 and just last month my sis got the result and we will be submitting the KIT & needed docs here in manila. but my problem is, after i graduated from college i did not enroll for another full time studies, same case with your bro. that's why i'm quite worried with my application... :(

fleo

Star Member
Nov 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2011
Med's Done....
23-12-2010
fiveyears said:
"Dependent children must meet the above requirements both on the day the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-M), Ontario, receives a complete sponsorship application and, 'without taking into account whether they have attained 22 years of age, on the day a visa is issued to them."
This part is what rjessome referred to as "locked in age". It means that as long as the applicant was under 22 years of age when Mississauga received the application, he or she will for immigration purposes stay in the "under 22" category until the end of the process - they won't take into account his/her age provided that the other condition (not married/in a common-law relationship) is met.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dcams said:
@ fiveyears: hi! looks like your brother & i are in the same situation. our application is under family (parents & sibilings) sponsorship. my sister submitted the application when i was 21. i am now 25 and just last month my sis got the result and we will be submitting the KIT & needed docs here in manila. but my problem is, after i graduated from college i did not enroll for another full time studies, same case with your bro. that's why i'm quite worried with my application... :(
You are still ok. Remaining in school is not a requirement for those whose age is under 22 and locked in.

dcams

Feb 3, 2011
rjessome: hi! thanks for the response, i really hope my application is still ok. do you know someone who has been in the same situation like mine? what did they do to prove that the sibling is still dependent to the parents? thanks in advance! :)

fiveyears: what's the status of your brother's application?