+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My aunt's Egyptian husband keeps getting denied for a visit.

AngelB

May 13, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 7th 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 26th 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov 11th 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 23rd 2010
LANDED..........
Nov 26th 2010
My aunt is divorced in Canada, and moved to Egypt 6 years ago and married her current husband there. She has wanted to bring him to Canada for a visit to meet the rest of the family, including her mother who was diagnosed with cancer last year. He was denied two or three times at this point, each time the reason for denial was because immigration/the border didn't believe he would return home.

He has children in Egypt, a home business, and the rest of his family. They have no plans to immigrate here right now, but he keeps getting denied. No criminal record, and no previous visits with bad outcomes.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how we can convince the officials that he just wants to come meet her family? We all wrote letters along with the visa application prior, including having his business partner confirm he needs to be back to work. He's only asking to come for two weeks.

Everyone is very frustrated, and we are worried he will never get the opportunity to meet his wife's mother and family.

Thanks for any guidance!

furrukhrao

Jun 13, 2015
She can sponsor her husband otherwise Hire a Lawyer it happens when a Spouse apply for a visit they reject on the same basis. There is no point for a Husband to live separately in a different country.

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
I agree with @furrukhrao .

The situation is unusual, from what you have said. It appears your aunt has been married for 6 years, but her husband lives in Egypt while she lives in Canada. You say he has kids. Are they young and in his care? He has a home business. How much income does it produce and what has he shown as funds for travel and how long a visit was requested? Has he travelled to countries requiring visas, such as U.S., U.K., etc.? I can see the IRCC thinking he might come here to join his wife and not return.

With 2 or 3 refusals already, I doubt he can now bootstrap the application and succeed on yet another try. We tried 3 times for my wife, over several years. Denied thrice. We wanted her to come to Canada for a summer visit and to see if she might like what she sees and decide to apply for PR. No way. So, we applied for PR, recently approved. A pain in the butt. Slow and expensive. We might still end up living in her country, where I lived before. No way the IRCC was going to let her come for a look around first on a TRV. I think your aunt and husband are in same situation. It's PR or bust.

AngelB

May 13, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 7th 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 26th 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov 11th 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 23rd 2010
LANDED..........
Nov 26th 2010

The situation is unusual, from what you have said. It appears your aunt has been married for 6 years, but her husband lives in Egypt while she lives in Canada. You say he has kids. Are they young and in his care? He has a home business. How much income does it produce and what has he shown as funds for travel and how long a visit was requested? Has he travelled to countries requiring visas, such as U.S., U.K., etc.? I can see the IRCC thinking he might come here to join his wife and not return.

With 2 or 3 refusals already, I doubt he can now bootstrap the application and succeed on yet another try. We tried 3 times for my wife, over several years. Denied thrice. We wanted her to come to Canada for a summer visit and to see if she might like what she sees and decide to apply for PR. No way. So, we applied for PR, recently approved. A pain in the butt. Slow and expensive. We might still end up living in her country, where I lived before. No way the IRCC was going to let her come for a look around first on a TRV. I think your aunt and husband are in same situation. It's PR or bust.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. She has been living in Egypt with him. They have a flat, and are looking to buy a flat in Alexandria. She just wants to bring him for a visit to meet her family, she is here now by herself because he hasn't been able to come over. She just wants him to meet all of us here in Canada.

The kids are not young. They are 17, 18, 16 years old. The 17 year old son lives with them.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Aunt lives in Egypt. See the first part of OP's post. She moved there 6 years ago.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Sorry, I wasn't clear. She has been living in Egypt with him. They have a flat, and are looking to buy a flat in Alexandria. She just wants to bring him for a visit to meet her family, she is here now by herself because he hasn't been able to come over. She just wants him to meet all of us here in Canada.

The kids are not young. They are 17, 18, 16 years old. The 17 year old son lives with them.
is the aunt a PR or citizen?

AngelB

May 13, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 7th 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 26th 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov 11th 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 23rd 2010
LANDED..........
Nov 26th 2010

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020

Thank you for that info. I now understand much better.

Given that your aunt lives there with him and they have an established life there, then I am a bit surprised the IRCC has taken a hard-nosed approach. You might gain some insight by ordering GCMS notes. I would do that before trying again. But, from my TRV experience, the notes do not always add much to the deny letter.

It would seem that @furrukhrao was labouring under the same misapprehension as I, thinking that aunt was living in Canada and husband in Egypt, hence the only way to make it look legitimate to the IRCC would be a permanent residence application. But that does not seem to make much sense if they plan to continue to live outside Canada. If they applied for PR, they would have to prove to Canada an intent to live here, which out seems they do not.

So, I do not now see much to try except for a further TRV application. But I would not do it without the GCMS notes first. A fresh application will have to address every conceivable reason to deny and every reason to allow. It will have to be put together with some care. Maybe even with the help of a Canadian immigration attorney.