+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Aunt( Father’s Sister) Visitor Visa Rejected

Anjali20

May 26, 2018
Hi all,
This is Anjali and I am new to Canadavisa and I am hoping to get everyone’s advise on how to proceed with the below scenario.

My Aunt ( Father’s Elder Sister ) visitor visa has been rejected 4 times.

About my Aunt:
She is Single and 63 years old and she is living in India and is now retired.

Three times the application was rejected which is twice from India and once from USA

Last Visitor Visa Application:
- Applied from Canada through an immigration consultant
- rejection reason: strong ties, financial income and economic reasons etc

Documents submitted:
1. Property in her name
2. She had no recurring income so we transferred money into her bank account approximately $10000 as she has always been dependent on us
3. She takes tuition and we showed those receipts as income but they are all cash transactions in India
4. She has visited USA several times and gone back to India and in addition to that she has visited 3 other foreign countries Dubai, Singapore, Malaysia
5. Retirement certificate
6. My dad is a full time employee and he applied and sent her the invitation to apply for visitor visa
7. My dad as an invite took the responsibility for all her travel and stay expense

Our question is:
is there anyway this application can be re applied as we are out of options because we have literally submitted every document in the past 4 applications.

Please advise and if there is any strong lawyers or immigration officers who can take up
Please let me know

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi all,
This is Anjali and I am new to Canadavisa and I am hoping to get everyone’s advise on how to proceed with the below scenario.

When did she submit each of those applications?

What is the purpose of her intended visit? And for how long?

Documents submitted:
1. Property in her name
Do post the complete list of documents that she had submitted for her fourth application.

2. She had no recurring income so we transferred money into her bank account approximately $10000 as she has always been dependent on us
Unfortunately, your consultant gave you bad advice.

3. She takes tuition and we showed those receipts as income but they are all cash transactions in India
Anyone can issue receipts for cash payments. She could have checks/bank transfers for the tuition income.

Does her income from tuition match her ITRs?

4. She has visited USA several times and gone back to India and in addition to that she has visited 3 other foreign countries Dubai, Singapore, Malaysia
Only the US visits help.

Again, important questions:
How long did she stay on an average for each US visit? And which months did she typically visit the US?

7. My dad as an invite took the responsibility for all her travel and stay expense
Your dad's support is supplementary. Your aunt must prove she has finances of her own to afford the visit + she has reasons to return home

Please advise and if there is any strong lawyers or immigration officers who can take up
Please let me know
Did your dad apply for GCMS notes?

mapleleafland

Star Member
Mar 13, 2014
Hi Anjali,

Did you ever managed to get visa from for your aunt ? I also wants to try to file an application for my aunt. She is 60 years old with no job experience ? She has always been dependent on my father financially. My father is now retired and have a PR in Canada. Can he invite her? What documents can he submit to get a visa ? Are there any chances ?

Hi all,

About my Aunt:
She is Single and 63 years old and she is living in India and is now retired.

Three times the application was rejected which is twice from India and once from USA

Documents submitted:
1. Property in her name
5. Retirement certificate
6. My dad is a full time employee and he applied and sent her the invitation to apply for visitor visa

Our question is:
is there anyway this application can be re applied as we are out of options because we have literally submitted every document in the past 4 applications.

Please let me know

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Anjali,

Did you ever managed to get visa from for your aunt ? I also wants to try to file an application for my aunt. She is 60 years old with no job experience ? She has always been dependent on my father financially. My father is now retired and have a PR in Canada. Can he invite her? What documents can he submit to get a visa ? Are there any chances ?
The fact that she is financially dependent on your father will make it very hard for her to get a visa.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Anjali,

- Does she own property in her name?
- Can she show a bank balance with savings in her name?
- Does she have previous travel to countries requiring visas such as the US or UK?
- Does she have children? (Assume not but asking just in case.)
- Will she travel alone or does your father plan to come with her?

SBW

Star Member
Oct 6, 2021
- Does she have previous travel to countries requiring visas such as the US or UK?
Does her father traveling with her Aunt help the application in any way?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Does her father traveling with her Aunt help the application in any way?
I would say it's the opposite if she lacks proof of ties. If she has few ties and the father is sponsoring her trip and also going, then I would lean towards saying that may work against her.

mapleleafland

Star Member
Mar 13, 2014
Does she own property in her name? No
- Can she show a bank balance with savings in her name? No
- Does she have previous travel to countries requiring visas such as the US or UK? No
- Does she have children? (Assume not but asking just in case.) Yes, she is divorced and her children are all married
- Will she travel alone or does your father plan to come with her? It will likely that my father would visit her and bring her to Canada. I can also go and bring her may be

what options do we have to get her visa approved ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Does she own property in her name? No
- Can she show a bank balance with savings in her name? No
- Does she have previous travel to countries requiring visas such as the US or UK? No
- Does she have children? (Assume not but asking just in case.) Yes, she is divorced and her children are all married
- Will she travel alone or does your father plan to come with her? It will likely that my father would visit her and bring her to Canada. I can also go and bring her may be

what options do we have to get her visa approved ?
Will be very difficult because her application is so weak. Unfortunately you may have to go and visit her. Order GCMS notes to get more information on the reasons for refusals.