+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Assumption

tanzirmahim

Mar 26, 2020
Paper applications will take longer time than online ones, don't worry, keep the faith.

I wanna ask, when your friend got refusal?
Also, did you check if your review of eligibility has started?
his refusal came on may 21st, although i should mention this was his second time applying for a SP.
and yes, my review of eligibility and background check started right after i received the biometrics correspondence letter and the 'medical passed' update on 17th of may, hope this helps.

Raman91

Dec 11, 2019
his refusal came on may 21st, although i should mention this was his second time applying for a SP.
and yes, my review of eligibility and background check started right after i received the biometrics correspondence letter and the 'medical passed' update on 17th of may, hope this helps.
So, I have this feeling, if they are taking long enough to check your file then it could be an approval. Why don't you raise webform to see what outcome you got?

Reactions: tanzirmahim

Raman91

Dec 11, 2019
So, if you both applied on the 17th March, then let's assume he got medical clearance and review of eligibility on the same day as yours (which is 17th of May). Now, generally rejection comes within a week of starting of review of eligibility. Which your friend got but you didn't, so there are chances that you'll get some good news.

P.s. it's purely based on my assumptions and not related to any official sourced material.

tanzirmahim

Mar 26, 2020
So, I have this feeling, if they are taking long enough to check your file then it could be an approval. Why don't you raise webform to see what outcome you got?
you think i should? i was considering this for quite a while now but a little skeptical about it. doesn't raising webforms paint negative vibes on your application(?) also, i should mention the fact that from where i applied, our applications gets redirected to high commission of canada in singapore and the singapore vac + high commission remains closed till now but about to be reopened by 13th of july. shall i wait a little longer or raise a webform now?

Raman91

Dec 11, 2019
you think i should? i was considering this for quite a while now but a little skeptical about it. doesn't raising webforms paint negative vibes on your application(?) also, i should mention the fact that from where i applied, our applications gets redirected to high commission of canada in singapore and the singapore vac + high commission remains closed till now but about to be reopened by 13th of july. shall i wait a little longer or raise a webform now?
I think it's okay to raise webform if your file has exceeded normal processing time.

You can wait till 13th July then apply!

ceuazul

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
So, if you both applied on the 17th March, then let's assume he got medical clearance and review of eligibility on the same day as yours (which is 17th of May). Now, generally rejection comes within a week of starting of review of eligibility. Which your friend got but you didn't, so there are chances that you'll get some good news.

P.s. it's purely based on my assumptions and not related to any official sourced material.
Hi I am interested in what you said: ''generally rejection comes within a week of starting of review of eligibility''.
How do you know that?
Thanks

Raman91

Dec 11, 2019
Hi I am interested in what you said: ''generally rejection comes within a week of starting of review of eligibility''.
How do you know that?
Thanks
Actually it happened with so many people I know, they will not keep you waiting so long if they want to give you rejection, once your review of eligibility has started, but this is just an assumption!

ceuazul

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
Actually it happened with so many people I know, they will not keep you waiting so long if they want to give you rejection, once your review of eligibility has started.
Hi thanks for replying. I have applied for SP and OWP for hubby and only his review has started like 3 weeks ago more or less, which is a bit odd as I am the main applicant. We are waiting since Feb 20. I had to give my biometric twice as the first time it had poor results. So, on 9th March my biometrics was completed and Hubby's was on 17th Feb, so maybe they started to review his file before because of the date?! Not sure, but the waiting is annoying as I wanted to start my course now in September even if online... I know I am not the only one in the situation and I hope the result will positive after all the waiting :)

Raman91

Dec 11, 2019
Hi thanks for replying. I have applied for SP and OWP for hubby and only his review has started like 3 weeks ago more or less, which is a bit odd as I am the main applicant. We are waiting since Feb 20. I had to give my biometric twice as the first time it had poor results. So, on 9th March my biometrics was completed and Hubby's was on 17th Feb, so maybe they started to review his file before because of the date?! Not sure, but the waiting is annoying as I wanted to start my course now in September even if online... I know I am not the only one in the situation and I hope the result will positive after all the waiting :)
Wish you best of luck, we all are in the same situation.

Last edited:
Reactions: ceuazul

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
Based on my experience with PR application, it's not always first come first serve in regards to processing of applications, even if you apply from the same country/city/VAC.
This might be different for SP applications, but it's something to consider.

tanzirmahim

Mar 26, 2020
Actually it happened with so many people I know, they will not keep you waiting so long if they want to give you rejection, once your review of eligibility has started, but this is just an assumption!
my friend too received his rejection letter unfortunately three days after biometrics correspondence letter.

Harshit20

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
no they are , i know 5 ppl who gt refused after 1 july, bad news s canada s giving lots n lots of refusal only
Can you provide any proof in light of that? Also what semester they applied for ? & you have any direct contact with those people or you heard from some where?