+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My application was returned by mistake, what should I do?

amrouoft

Jul 29, 2018
Hello,

I applied for citizenship online (group/family application) and I had my application returned stating that for two of my children had issues in the parent signature. They say the first name in my signature doesn't match the one in my application's personal info. I checked multiple times there is no mistakes at all, not even an extra space. I applied for my three kids, the applications of two of them were returned due to the signature issue, and the third had no problem. When I signed all the applications I just copied and pasted the same signature in the three, there is no single difference in the signature (which is literally my name!!). I tried to approach them by phone and by IRCC web form but to no avail.

Now, I am not sure what to do! Should I just sign them again while I know that I didn't make any changes from the first application and wait for another 5 weeks to receive another application return instead of the AOR? Or there is a way to contact them to make sure that there is no mistake and the application was returned by mistake? Or should I talk to MP, or to an immigration consultant?

Can anyone help me how to advance my application from this issue?

Thanks

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello,

I applied for citizenship online (group/family application) and I had my application returned stating that for two of my children had issues in the parent signature. They say the first name in my signature doesn't match the one in my application's personal info. I checked multiple times there is no mistakes at all, not even an extra space. I applied for my three kids, the applications of two of them were returned due to the signature issue, and the third had no problem. When I signed all the applications I just copied and pasted the same signature in the three, there is no single difference in the signature (which is literally my name!!). I tried to approach them by phone and by IRCC web form but to no avail.

Now, I am not sure what to do! Should I just sign them again while I know that I didn't make any changes from the first application and wait for another 5 weeks to receive another application return instead of the AOR? Or there is a way to contact them to make sure that there is no mistake and the application was returned by mistake? Or should I talk to MP, or to an immigration consultant?

Thanks
Did you try calling IRCC?

amrouoft

Jul 29, 2018
Multiple times per day, every day for a week. They don't even offer waiting times, they say all lines are too busy call later. I don't mind if I would wait hours on call, but now that is not even an option.

Also the IRCC webform response was: "Our agents do not have access to more information about your case status or processing times than you can access online". I expect the result of the phone call (if it worked out) to be something similar, but I am still trying anyways.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Multiple times per day, every day for a week. They don't even offer waiting times, they say all lines are too busy call later. I don't mind if I would wait hours on call, but now that is not even an option.

Also the IRCC webform response was: "Our agents do not have access to more information about your case status or processing times than you can access online". I expect the result of the phone call (if it worked out) to be something similar, but I am still trying anyways.
For calling IRCC try this - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/posts/10523591/

Are these paper application?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hello,

Thanks
I would suggest you to submit same application again and in optional documents submit a letter of explanation or cover letter mentioning error from their side .

Reactions: armoured

amrouoft

Jul 29, 2018
I would suggest you to submit same application again and in optional documents submit a letter of explanation or cover letter mentioning error from their side .
Thanks, I will do that and hopefully they don't return it again for the same reason.

May 16, 2019
Hello,

Thanks
Hi , can you please let me know how your issue is resolved. my son application rejected with same reason.

amrouoft

Jul 29, 2018
Hi , can you please let me know how your issue is resolved. my son application rejected with same reason.
Hi,

I ended up re-submitting the applications without any edits, and attached a letter in the additional documents in which I explained to them that the signatures were identical in the first submittal, showing them evidence with screenshots, etc. It worked out in the second submission, so I just lost 1 month most likely due to a technical glitch on the webform.

May 16, 2019
Hi,

I ended up re-submitting the applications without any edits, and attached a letter in the additional documents in which I explained to them that the signatures were identical in the first submittal, showing them evidence with screenshots, etc. It worked out in the second submission, so I just lost 1 month most likely due to a technical glitch on the webform.
Thanks for reply. I have entered my son's name instead of my name. we need to enter my parent name at the last page correct ?

amrouoft

Jul 29, 2018
Thanks for reply. I have entered my son's name instead of my name. we need to enter my parent name at the last page correct ?
It should be written clearly whom to sign. If it is written (Parent's or Guardian's Signature) it should be the parent's name; if it is written (Minor's Signature), it should be your son's. If he is less than 16, it should be the parent's signature only. If he is 16 or more, both of you will sign the application.

Engeng

Nov 4, 2020
any update on the above thread? I have the same concern - I did not put my own name (as parent and principal applicant) when signing my kid's citizenship applications online. We applied a group/family. Is there any way I can correct that mistake? Or I guess I will just wait until IRCC returns our application then resubmit a new one when that happens?
Any one there similar case as mine? Appreciate some ideas here..

Engeng

Nov 4, 2020
Hello, would you know by any chance if there's any discussion other than this thread that's specific for wrong signature on citizenship application? Thank you.

amrouoft

Jul 29, 2018
any update on the above thread? I have the same concern - I did not put my own name (as parent and principal applicant) when signing my kid's citizenship applications online. We applied a group/family. Is there any way I can correct that mistake? Or I guess I will just wait until IRCC returns our application then resubmit a new one when that happens?
Any one there similar case as mine? Appreciate some ideas here..
Yes I think you will have to wait until they return it (should be within a month). Then you will have to submit them again. In my application, I re-submitted and everything worked fine. I finished the background check and the citizenship test and waiting for the next steps.