+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My application returned twice with same issue but I am sure I applied in right categoy.

jay21

Apr 28, 2022
URGENT I submitted my application yesterday. Just Realized if below is my mistake or Not. IMM 5533 Document Checklist for Sponsoring Spouse.
I am Permanent Resident Living In Canada. I answered N/A to following question. My file is going to return?

Q2. Are you (the sponsor) a Canadian citizen living outside Canada? No or Yes
- I wrote N/A as I am not Canadian Citizen but Permanent resident living in Canada. Did I had to still select no?

However, in IMM 1344 under sponsor eligibility requirement, I answered NO for the same question and Yes for (Do you reside in Canada?)
Please guide what should I do? Will my file gonna be return for this mistake?
Should I submit my file again? and revoke the one I just summited yesterday?

Have anyone faced similar situation?
Thanks for help in advance.

SabyB

Mar 1, 2024
This is the third time my file was returned, so I will submit fresh file now. So exhausted.
These processes are always very tiring and stresses out a lot too. I thought you did a fresh file this time after consulting the lawyer with explanation letter. We have also asked our agent to get our file verified by a lawyer and let us know. So we haven't submitted it yet. Will update once will hear from them.

Apr 5, 2024
Yes, my lawyer did some changes in old file, and it was same result so this time we will do fresh application moreover many people applied in april and received AOR within 10 days, so strongly recommended to applying for new file to save time.

SabyB

Mar 1, 2024
Yes, my lawyer did some changes in old file, and it was same result so this time we will do fresh application moreover many people applied in april and received AOR within 10 days, so strongly recommended to applying for new file to save time.
Make sense, lucky guys getting AOR in 10 days. Lets do a new file then. Best of luck guys. Fingers crossed.

jay21

Apr 28, 2022
Make sense, lucky guys getting AOR in 10 days. Lets do a new file then. Best of luck guys. Fingers crossed.
did you guys apply for GCMS notes to find real cause of returning multiple times, you get insights what’s going on there.

SabyB

Mar 1, 2024
did you guys apply for GCMS notes to find real cause of returning multiple times, you get insights what’s going on there.
We were thinking of doing that but its will take time. Lets see what our agents are going to suggest and then will go from there. Have you guys applied for the notes?

SabyB

Mar 1, 2024
We were thinking of doing that but its will take time. Lets see what our agents are going to suggest and then will go from there. Have you guys applied for the notes?
I have seen those notes once my friend got rejection on tourist visa. No proper reasoning and nothing. Doesn't seems to be very helpful though.

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
I have seen those notes once my friend got rejection on tourist visa. No proper reasoning and nothing. Doesn't seems to be very helpful though.
The official party line on this forum is that the notes are always a cornucopia of information and will provide insight into exactly what the visa officer was thinking and set out clear and cogent reasons.

Like your friend, my TRV experience was the same. The notes read exactly the same way as the silly, boilerplate, form letter denying the application. Not one word of explanation. I have seen countless posts here saying the same. That has not changed the standard view that the notes are storehouse of information. All I can say is that is maybe true in a handful of cases, it's not the norm. So, for most, sure, order the notes. Won't hurt. But don't expect much.

SabyB

Mar 1, 2024
The official party line on this forum is that the notes are always a cornucopia of information and will provide insight into exactly what the visa officer was thinking and set out clear and cogent reasons.

Like your friend, my TRV experience was the same. The notes read exactly the same way as the silly, boilerplate, form letter denying the application. Not one word of explanation. I have seen countless posts here saying the same. That has not changed the standard view that the notes are storehouse of information. All I can say is that is maybe true in a handful of cases, it's not the norm. So, for most, sure, order the notes. Won't hurt. But don't expect much.
Thanks!
I agree it won't hurt.
Will get it going then but really dont want to hold up my file submission and wait for these notes first. I am actually very confused and stressed at the same time. But thanks for the advice. We have to get through this challenging IRCC Process to get our lives started. Thanks again.

FletcherHubbard

Star Member
Nov 20, 2023
I already reapplied but still received same email what can I do. My spouse is living outside of canada and I selected right subcategory but still received this email twice.
what can I do ?

We are returning your Permanent Resident Portal application received on 2024-03-18. We are unable to process your request as submitted. We have kept no record of your submission.
Our office processes Family Class Sponsorship applications where the Principal Applicant resides In Canada. It appears that as per your information declared on your undertaking you have sent your application to our office in error as per document(s) reviewed below:
• Document Checklist
• IMM1344
• IMM008
• IMM5669
• IMM5406
jiofi.local.html tplinklogin
Can you specify exactly which category you selected?

Last edited: