+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My agent messed up. What can we do now?

hmh1

Sep 7, 2018
My file was received on 12th march 2018. The medical for my son was requested 27th april and we submitted the medical on time.then the schA and pcc was requested on 1st may and we submitted that as well within 30 days. Then my file was transferred to local visa office (ndvo) on 20th july. After that there was no update. Today I got call from my agent that they missed the medical request for my wife which was requested along with my son on 27th April 2018. I have booked the medical and it will be done by tomorrow but its already 5 months after the requested date. What do you think will happen now? Will my file be rejected?

Please seniors advise me what to do now.

monkeys89

Aug 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
My file was received on 12th march 2018. The medical for my son was requested 27th april and we submitted the medical on time.then the schA and pcc was requested on 1st may and we submitted that as well within 30 days. Then my file was transferred to local visa office (ndvo) on 20th july. After that there was no update. Today I got call from my agent that they missed the medical request for my wife which was requested along with my son on 27th April 2018. I have booked the medical and it will be done by tomorrow but its already 5 months after the requested date. What do you think will happen now? Will my file be rejected?

Please seniors advise me what to do now.
Make sure your agent is properly licensed, and then have them make an Errors and Omissions insurance claim to hire a lawyer to be prepared to represent you if necessary.

hmh1

Sep 7, 2018
Make sure your agent is properly licensed, and then have them make an Errors and Omissions insurance claim to hire a lawyer to be prepared to represent you if necessary.
Yes he is licensed. What the chances of rejection at this point?

monkeys89

Aug 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
Yes he is licensed. What the chances of rejection at this point?
No idea. Missing a medical request may or may not be a big issue. But the agent messed up and should be responsible for all costs related to ameliorating this error.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I am not sure what agent are you referring to. Is him/her an immigration consultant? immigration lawyer?

Or CIC agent?

If that's your hired private agent/consultant/representative, you may have missed the date to submit medical and may be a big issue.

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Missing the medical is serious, but I do feel like we've seen cases of people missing the medical email in the past and then, months after the fact, being warned/asked to explain why they never did it. Since they normally don't outright refuse you without giving a chance to send in additional documents, proof, etc.

monkeys89

Aug 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
Missing the medical is serious, but I do feel like we've seen cases of people missing the medical email in the past and then, months after the fact, being warned/asked to explain why they never did it. Since they normally don't outright refuse you without giving a chance to send in additional documents, proof, etc.
Yes, I've read examples of someone missing a medical request by months and not having serious issues. But it could be a serious issue, which is why you should ask your agent if they have notified their E&O insurance carrier and are prepared to hire a lawyer on your behalf in case of an issue. If the agent does not notify E&O carrier, there could be no insurance backup and the applicant could be on their own through no fault of their own.

Reactions: np08

hmh1

Sep 7, 2018
I am not sure what agent are you referring to. Is him/her an immigration consultant? immigration lawyer?

Or CIC agent?

If that's your hired private agent/consultant/representative, you may have missed the date to submit medical and may be a big issue.
He is private hired representative and he is licensed and registered with IRCC

hmh1

Sep 7, 2018
Yes, I've read examples of someone missing a medical request by months and not having serious issues. But it could be a serious issue, which is why you should ask your agent if they have notified their E&O insurance carrier and are prepared to hire a lawyer on your behalf in case of an issue. If the agent does not notify E&O carrier, there could be no insurance backup and the applicant could be on their own through no fault of their own.
Their office is closed now. I will visit them tomorrow and talk about it in detail. For now he just told me to submit the requested medical as soon as possible. I have already booked the medical appointment and they will submit the required medical tomorrow.

hmh1

Sep 7, 2018
The fact that my file was still moving even after not submitting the required medical on time could mean that they might not refuse my file and give me chance.

woyaodeshihulu

May 25, 2018
The files are moving. They won't reject you at the moment if you miss your medical report. All you need to do is submit as soon as possible. Don't waste more time!

Jan 19, 2022
I really hope you agent has LiabilityCover.ca or something that would cover the costs after the Errors and Omissions insurance claim. It is definitely his fault and he is the one to be financially responsible. Even though missing the medical could make grounds for the decline of your request, your file won't be declined straight away. Since you haven't received any warning via email then there is nothing to worry about, you will be probably be able to present the medical later.

Last edited: