+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My 2 Cents for the Lucky 90K

jasz_blr

May 28, 2018
With May 06, 2021 approaching... here are my 2 cents for you!!!

More than anything else, first make sure you have access to internet on May 06, 2021. If you are on Rogers/Fido then you know what I mean. Grab a phone and call your friends now to find out their ISP. In worst case scenario, keep a list of friends ready who have different internet provider than you.

When was the last time you logged in using your GCKey??? If you are on this forum then I know you login everyday. It's your daily ritual. Still, I want to wake few others who are in deep slumber or forgot their password or forgot their recovery questions etc etc. Go and login now to see your account is in working condition. You don't want to wait until last minute.

Recent graduates, go and queue the request for your latest Transcript on university/college server. Don't wait until May 06th.

Full time workers, download latest paystubs and arrange for employment verification letter in this week. Your HR may go on summer vacation soon in the first week of May.

I know you have booked your IELTS and your result is not gonna arrive anytime soon. Now stop crying and don't loose your sleep. Application threshold is not gonna hit the limit for at least one month. In worst case, this ship will take at least two week to onboard eligible candidates.

If not done already, file your tax returns for 2020 in this week and get your T1 straightened up. Clear your parking, traffic or other tickets, if any. Do you have any RCMP thingy pending??? Be in their good books for background check. This is not highly critical but also not too obvious for many.

Initiate your home country PCC now. Period.

Whatever possible, join the scan copy of similar category documents (education, employment et al.) in a single PDF today. Don't go on a scavenger hunt for PDF merger utility on the wedding day.

Are you married? Planning to submit application for your spouse as well? Get marriage certificate and spouse's relevant documents (education, employment, passport et al.) ready.

Is your or spouse's ECA expiring soon? Planning to apply again? Don't! Instead, get it renewed and it costs far less.

Type your letter of explanation today for all the relevant things that you can think of for your application.

Lastly, don't remain awake at 00:00:01 on May 06, 2021 and keep hitting the browser refresh button. The system is not gonna bloom until 11:00am EST.

Long story short, the application process will be no different than what happened in January 2021 for PGWP extension.

Cheers and good luck!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

More than anything else, first make sure you have access to internet on May 06, 2021. If you are on Rogers/Fido then you know what I mean. Grab a phone and call your friends now to find out their ISP. In worst case scenario, keep a list of friends ready who have different internet provider than you.

When was the last time you logged in using your GCKey??? If you are on this forum then I know you login everyday. It's your daily ritual. Still, I want to wake few others who are in deep slumber or forgot their password or forgot their recovery questions etc etc. Go and login now to see your account is in working condition. You don't want to wait until last minute.

Recent graduates, go and queue the request for your latest Transcript on university/college server. Don't wait until May 06th.

Full time workers, download latest paystubs and arrange for employment verification letter in this week. Your HR may go on summer vacation soon in the first week of May.

I know you have booked your IELTS and your result is not gonna arrive anytime soon. Now stop crying and don't loose your sleep. Application threshold is not gonna hit the limit for at least one month. In worst case, this ship will take at least two week to onboard eligible candidates.

If not done already, file your tax returns for 2020 in this week and get your T1 straightened up. Clear your parking, traffic or other tickets, if any. Do you have any RCMP thingy pending??? Be in their good books for background check. This is not highly critical but also not too obvious for many.

Whatever possible, join the scan copy of similar category documents (education, employment et al.) in a single PDF today. Don't go on a scavenger hunt for PDF merger utility on the wedding day.

Are you married? Planning to submit application for your spouse as well? Get marriage certificate and spouse's relevant documents (education, employment, passport et al.) ready.

Is your or spouse's ECA expiring soon? Planning to apply again? Don't! Instead, get it renewed and it costs far less.

Type your letter of explanation today for all the relevant things that you can think of for your application.

Lastly, don't remain awake at 00:00:01 on May 06, 2021 and keep hitting the browser refresh button. The system is not gonna bloom until 11:00am EST.

Long story short, the application process will be no different than what happened in January 2021 for PGWP extension.

Cheers and good luck!
Would suggest we wait for more details before coming up with a plan.

PAINKILLER28

Jan 24, 2018

Cheers and good luck!
This is very thoughtful of you, thanks.

However, a friend of mine will be applying for her niece and she asked me how to apply since I work as a paralegal for a lawyer who does immigration works, she assumes that I would know the answer automatically. My suggestion for her was to use the "Come to Canada" tool to get a personal reference number and use the number in her GCkey account, then go about it from there, hope I was not too wrong.

corny.tan

Star Member
Jan 17, 2016
I think it is kind of hard to request for a police certificate at least in my own country. It seems they require even an ITA in order to be able to request one. Without anything, how can I even get one?

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
This is what I prepared so far:

1- Filled all generic forms from other similar programs streams (PNP, AIPP, etc.)
2- Gathered all of my education documents, both separately and as a merged PDF
3- Got a letter of employment, original job offer, T4 and recent pay stubs
4- Scanned my IELTS both separately and attached to my LOE
5- Upfront medical exam
6- Upfront police certificate from my country and RCMP certificate (I don't need any of those, but it might speed up my application)
7- Scanned my passport and national ID, both separately and merged in the same pdf
8- Wrote a letter of explanation with a detailed breakdown by page, including my profile information, complete travel history, IELTS scan, medical exam results, police certificates and personal history details.

I have those documents carefully named and numbered inside dedicated folders, I also have on my PC's desktop a sticky note with my passport details, UCI number, DLI number and study dates, IELTS details (date, code and score) and a quick summary of my travel history in case I need to copy paste the information ASAP.

If you have a lot of supporting documents I also recommend you to make sure the file size is not above 4mb, if it's bigger than that make sure to use an online pdf compressor like ilovepdf and similar programs. They're online, for free and it takes 1-2 minutes at most.

jasz_blr

May 28, 2018
The whole gang of international students:
  1. Who are still studying in school
  2. Who are still on Study Permit
  3. Who will not be graduated as of May 06th
  4. Who will not be holding PGWP as of May 06th
  5. Who will not be having transcript which say they have been awarded degree/diploma/certificate or whatever
... have gone under self-cosolation mode and have indulged in a delusional belief that since their study permit allows them to work for 20 hours/week so they automatically qualify for these 40K seats

BEWARE: these are folks who will actually bring down the server and wrongly block the 40K seats instead of rightful eligible candidates. Later, IRCC will be spending 3 months cleaning and isolating these guys out of the system.

What everyone is overseeing is the fact that this draw has only 2 purpose to serve the economy by:
  1. Getting in more frontline and healthcare workers
  2. Getting the guys in who have already started paying TAXES

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
  5. Who will not be having transcript which say they have been awarded degree/diploma/certificate or whatever
... have gone under self-cosolation mode and have indulged in a delusional belief that since their study permit allows them to work for 20 hours/week so they automatically qualify for these 40K seats

BEWARE: these are folks who will actually bring down the server and wrongly block the 40K seats instead of rightful eligible candidates. Later, IRCC will be spending 3 months cleaning and isolating these guys out of the system.

What everyone is overseeing is the fact that this draw has only 2 purpose to serve the economy by:
But you do realize that they can apply if they've worked in essential occupations with required experience?

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto

Thousands of ineligible people will apply, that's a fact. Some students will be eligible, but without a valid IELTS test result (most people wait until a few months before they're eligible for EE) other applicants will submit their applications first.

Anya833

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020

True that!

returnsndr

Apr 21, 2021
At the end of the announment i think i read something like ~the minister can revoke this offer at anytime.~
so is that actually saying "lets play it by air?'

• Haha
Reactions: captainarabiia