+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MUST READ TOPIC - FACTS VERSUS MYTH ABOUT CANADIAN IMMIGRATION AND JOBS !

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am also a newcomer to Canada and my experience is slightly different. Let me get some facts and myths out of the way.

MYTH NO. 1 : YOU NEED CANADIAN EXPERIENCE TO GET A JOB? THIS IS PROBABLY THE MOST BIGGEST MYTH AND EXTREMELY UNTRUE

Whoever told you, probably doesnt understand the job market and what the employer is looking here in Canada. Firstly, Canada has a lot of jobs and all those jobs are skilled jobs. Say if you were a manager in your home country , some big shot employee, but if you have no skills you are use-less here, because in your home country all you did was drink tea and signed a few papers without even knowing what they meant and went home.

What do I mean by skills :

Engineering Technical : Design/drafting, quality control/inspection, knowledge of structural engineering softwares, ... you need to know soemthing that you can do for the employer, welding inspectors with welding inspector certificates..etc...etc.

Accountants : Its hard to get a job in this field unless you understand the Canadian Tax system very well.

Doctors : They have to get certified

Trade Skills : They all can get jobs easily... if it is a regulated trade they may just need to do a short course study.

IT- ...ORACLE, JAVA, C++ all have jobs.... ! Employers dont care if you got big shot degrees, all they care is if you know the stuff well or not.

If you were a hotel manager, ran a business, construction manager .. and those big shot jobs... They are not much jobs for that kind here. Do you know why big shot employees in their home country have difficulty finding a job here in Canada?

A manager at a car autoparts in Canada probably would have started off as a mechanic and worked his way to become a manager, but in your home country you probably would have earned a bcom degree but studied nothing and went straight to be a manger without even knowing anything & thats the reason big shot new immigrants have a hard time finding a job here.

MYTH 2 : ALL IMMIGRANTS I CAME ACROSS WANT TO LAND IN ONTARIO , TORONTO , MONTREAL , VANCOUVER. THEY PROBABLY EQUATE BIG CITIES TO BIG JOB OPPORTUNITIES.

FACT 2 : Nothing can be farther from the truth. Do a little bit of research. Toronto-Ontario, Montreal, Vancouver are dead ! Eastern Canadian economy is downhill ! The developing economies are right now in Saskatchewan and Alberta boasting the lowest Unemployment rate. Alberta has the lowest tax and is the richest province in Canada. When deciding which place to move you should consider where unemployment rate is the lowest. That is if you want a decent job, but if you are looking for an odd job just to make a living id suggest Nova Scotia, Newfoundland & NewBrunwick as these provinces have low living costs and higher minimum wages.

MYTH 3 : HIGHER DEGREES / HIGH EDUCATION IN CANADA HELPS YOU GET A GOOD JOB.

FACT 3 : Nothing can be farther than the truth. While higher education really helps a lot, but when I came to Canada what I discovered astonished me. I noticed that whole Engineering firms are run by people with 2-year diplomas and the high technical work that Engineers use to do in my home country is being done by those who hold minimum qualifications. I noticed that Owners of companies sometimes dont hesitate to even get their hands dirty ! and theres no egostical pride here in the kind of work you do.
I also noticed that what 5 people use to do in my home country , the same thing is done by 1 or 2 and people are very passionate and honest about their work.

I also noticed that Canadians with big shot degrees sometimes end up doing work here much below their qualification. So what is it that gets your foot in the door? and like I said before... it is KEY SKILLS. You have to be like a jig-saw puzzle piece that fits well and thats what employees here are looking for.

MYTH 4 : CANADA IS A WONDERLAND AND EVERYBODY SHOULD IMMIGRATE TO CANADA

FACT 4 : NOTHING can be farther from the truth ! If you are well-settled in your home country and got a steady line of income. Dont ever think of immigrating here. Life is stressful and when you got no job things can get really stressy here. If you are well settled in your home country and you still choose to immigrate here then thats equivalent to burning your home and building another one somewhere else.

I came to Canada because I was settled no where. Now I am here I can call this country mine and establish my routes here...but for some of you guys who are well settled , theres no need to take your kids and immigrate here.

siddharth_pharma84

Jun 25, 2011
WINNIPEG
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
11-07-2016
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
22-04-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
3-11-2016 to New Delhi
Med's Request
16-12-2016
Med's Done....
5-01-2017, MED submit online 10-01-2017. MED passed 12-01-2017
Interview........
Not required at this time. DECISION MADE: 27-06-2017
Passport Req..
04-07-2017, Passport to Ottawa : 04-07-2017, Passport received by Ottawa : 06-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2017, Passport Dispatched by CIC: 28-07-2017, Passport frm CIC: 31-07-2017
LANDED..........
31-07-2017
Thxs buddy,for me its a good informative post

dbag

Star Member
May 6, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi CHC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2010
Doc's Request.
19-05-2010
File Transfer...
27-05-2010
Med's Request
08-11-2012
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-2013
LANDED..........
TBD
SinghLovCan said:
I am also a newcomer to Canada and my experience is slightly different. Let me get some facts and myths out of the way.

MYTH NO. 1 : YOU NEED CANADIAN EXPERIENCE TO GET A JOB? THIS IS PROBABLY THE MOST BIGGEST MYTH AND EXTREMELY UNTRUE

Whoever told you, probably doesnt understand the job market and what the employer is looking here in Canada. Firstly, Canada has a lot of jobs and all those jobs are skilled jobs. Say if you were a manager in your home country , some big shot employee, but if you have no skills you are use-less here, because in your home country all you did was drink tea and signed a few papers without even knowing what they meant and went home.

Engineering Technical : Design/drafting, quality control/inspection, knowledge of structural engineering softwares, ... you need to know soemthing that you can do for the employer, welding inspectors with welding inspector certificates..etc...etc.

Accountants : Its hard to get a job in this field unless you understand the Canadian Tax system very well.

Trade Skills : They all can get jobs easily... if it is a regulated trade they may just need to do a short course study.

IT- ...ORACLE, JAVA, C++ all have jobs.... but if you got your IT degree from some madarassi university and dont know how to program *censored word*, Then probably the Canadian with no degree but with skills will get the job ! Employers dont care if you got big shot degrees, all they care is if you know the stuff well or not.

If you were a hotel manager, ran a business, construction manager .. and those big shot jobs... They are not much jobs for that kind here. Do you know why big shot employees in their home country have difficulty finding a job here in Canada?

A manager at a car autoparts in Canada probably would have started off as a mechanic and worked his way to become a manager, but in your home country you probably would have earned a bcom degree but studied nothing and went straight to be a manger without even knowing anything & thats the reason big shot new immigrants have a hard time finding a job here.

MYTH 2 : ALL IMMIGRANTS I CAME ACROSS WANT TO LAND IN ONTARIO , TORONTO , MONTREAL , VANCOUVER. THEY PROBABLY EQUATE BIG CITIES TO BIG JOB OPPORTUNITIES.

FACT 2 : Nothing can be farther from the truth. Do a little bit of research. Toronto-Ontario, Montreal, Vancouver are dead ! Eastern Canadian economy is downhill ! The developing economies are right now in Saskatchewan and Alberta boasting the lowest Unemployment rate. Alberta has the lowest tax and is the richest province in Canada. When deciding which place to move you should consider where unemployment rate is the lowest. That is if you want a decent job, but if you are looking for an odd job just to make a living id suggest Nova Scotia, Newfoundland & NewBrunwick as these provinces have low living costs and higher minimum wages.

FACT 3 : Nothing can be farther than the truth. While higher education really helps a lot, but when I came to Canada what I discovered astonished me. I noticed that whole Engineering firms are run by people with 2-year diplomas and the high technical work that Engineers use to do in my home country is being done by those who hold minimum qualifications. I noticed that Owners of companies sometimes dont hesitate to even get their hands dirty ! and theres no egostical pride here in the kind of work you do.
I also noticed that what 5 people use to do in my home country , the same thing is done by 1 or 2 and people are very passionate and honest about their work.

I also noticed that Canadians with big shot degrees sometimes end up doing work here much below their qualification. So what is it that gets your foot in the door? and like I said before... it is KEY SKILLS. You have to be like a jig-saw puzzle piece that fits well and thats what employees here are looking for.

FACT 4 : NOTHING can be farther from the truth ! If you are well-settled in your home country and got a steady line of income. Dont ever think of immigrating here. Life is stressful and when you got no job things can get really stressy here. If you are well settled in your home country and you still choose to immigrate here then thats equivalent to burning your home and building another one somewhere else.

I came to Canada because I was settled no where. Now I am here I can call this country mine and establish my routes here...but for some of you guys who are well settled , theres no need to take your kids and immigrate here.
Thanks for the post, I agree with u mostly for the first 3 myths. However regarding the last point, the reqts. of FSW program are such that well educated ppl. with few yrs. of experience and savings will stand any chance of selection, such ppl. are usually somewhat settled in their present countries and generally want a better future for their kids and themselves. According to u, nobody should apply for Canadian immigration becoz un-settled ppl. generally would anyways be weeded out in the initial stages.

canada1234

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
Good research & pretty informative post for the new comers. +1 for you.

zhkjoy

Star Member
Feb 28, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2011
Doc's Request.
22-02-2011
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
29-03-2011
IELTS Request
At the time of application
File Transfer...
29-03-2011
Med's Request
12-01-2012
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2012
LANDED..........
02-07-2012
Thanks friend, very well said.
SinghLovCan said:

IT- ...ORACLE, JAVA, C++ all have jobs.... but if you got your IT degree from some madarassi university and dont know how to program *censored word*, Then probably the Canadian with no degree but with skills will get the job ! Employers dont care if you got big shot degrees, all they care is if you know the stuff well or not.

MCBoy

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
madarassi university? Don't underrate any one, 3 of 9 indian nobel prize winners are from madras university!!

SinghLovCan said:
but if you got your IT degree from some madarassi university and dont know how to program

auditor

Mar 30, 2010
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2010
Doc's Request.
12-03-2010
AOR Received.
12-03-2010
File Transfer...
17-03-2010
Med's Request
23-02-2012
Med's Done....
15-03-2012
Passport Req..
23-04-2012
LANDED..........
03-08-2012
Informative +1

rajjj

Oct 12, 2010
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
Doc's Request.
FEE PAID ONLINE
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
05- 04-2013
IELTS Request
yes
Hay my friend I think u forgot one biggest fact that is safris mean refrence
Network

Here if u need job u must know someone who know someone that the only way get in job
That is main part in to getting job not qualifiction
The most important things is Communication

wiz_kid

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
AOR Received.
30-12-2011
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
File Transfer...
03-02-2012
Med's Request
05-03-2012
Med's Done....
19-03-2012 (RPRF draft en-cashed 19-April-2012)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05-03-2012 (DM since 26-April-2012)
VISA ISSUED...
07-May-2012
LANDED..........
15-Feb-2013
somewhat agree but nice post..the new thing i learned a found very good is to decide your place of stay depending upon tax rate , living price index and low unemployment rate rather than running behind Mon-tor-Van.

But yes there is some reason that people prefer these three cities over others:- I guess oppurtunites for talented, already settled friends and relative and climate conditions.

TAPTATANU

Star Member
Feb 20, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Dlhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-Nov-2011
Doc's Request.
send with application
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2012
IELTS Request
04-Nov-2010
File Transfer...
03-Mar-2012
Med's Request
24-Mar-2012
Med's Done....
07-Apr-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Mar-2012
VISA ISSUED...
07-May-2012
LANDED..........
07-Sep-2012
SinghLovCan said:

IT- ...ORACLE, JAVA, C++ all have jobs.... ! Employers dont care if you got big shot degrees, all they care is if you know the stuff well or not.

Really informative.I am claims examiner in Health Insurance company in India.What are the possibilities in getting job in Canada.Kindly confirm me which area should I migrate to get job in my desired profile.

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i think someone through light in.. opportunities for Management Accountants..and how and what certification they need...well before they landed in canada..
thanks..

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dbag said:
Thanks for the post, I agree with u mostly for the first 3 myths. However regarding the last point, the reqts. of FSW program are such that well educated ppl. with few yrs. of experience and savings will stand any chance of selection, such ppl. are usually somewhat settled in their present countries and generally want a better future for their kids and themselves. According to u, nobody should apply for Canadian immigration becoz un-settled ppl. generally would anyways be weeded out in the initial stages.
Hmm... By unsettled ppl, i mean those who are still in the prime of their life trying to establish careers nd are not able to find it in their home country.

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
imran01 said:
i think someone through light in.. opportunities for Management Accountants..and how and what certification they need...well before they landed in canada..
thanks..
For accountants, you must understand canadian tax system is very complex and if you have no experience work in it... Its hard to get an accountant k

dbag

Star Member
May 6, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi CHC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2010
Doc's Request.
19-05-2010
File Transfer...
27-05-2010
Med's Request
08-11-2012
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-2013
LANDED..........
TBD
SinghLovCan said:
Hmm... By unsettled ppl, i mean those who are still in the prime of their life trying to establish careers nd are not able to find it in their home country.
Thanks for clarifying, how about ppl. wanting to quit their current jobs and dreaming of establishing a better future in Canada?